View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 05:25 PM   #190 (permalink)
PhoenixRising

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
"OKAY!!"

No one had to tell her twice. Alexa was off the ground and standing by the Professor in record time. Now that she knew where the sugar was, it would be different. She glanced briefly at the class that was probably expecting that demonstration any minute now. Lex needed to make this look real legit. Ahem.

"Right...so....you have to remember that you always want the perfect s'more, which means you have to do a bit of...er testing, just to be sure. First, the marshmallows." She took one from it's pack and held it out for them all to see. "You have to make sure it's the right texture." And she plopped it into her mouth. MmmmMMmmm. "Of course, you can't just taste one, no, that'll never work and your results will be inconclusive." She fished another three from the bag and popped them in her mouth. Some good marshmallows right here.

"Next is the chocolate. You'll wanna make sure it's the good kind as well. Typically you'll have to eat a whole bar, just to be on the safe side." Lex ripped open one of the chocolate bars and bit into it. "This tastes amazing, but like I said, you'll have to keep eating to be sure." And another bite. "But onto the other important stuff. You place a graham cracker at the bottom like so, add the cube of chocolate then add the roasted marshmallow which will melt the chocolate, and add the top cracker. It's that simple. I'd have roasted the marshmallow to help with the demonstration," She eyed the s'more and its lack of goo-y-ness. "but there's no fire. You all get the idea though." And she got a bar of chocolate. Heh.
The moment Alexa was out of her chair and by her side, Josephina was REGRETTING already asking the fourth year to demonstrate. Testing? OH FOR THE LOVE OF WENLOCK!!! She didn't just taste ONE marshmallow, but FOUR?!?

And then she proceeded to consume the entire bar of chocolate.

Breathe, Fina, breathe. She reminded herself, though her eyes were practically bulging from her head.

"Um yes... yes..." she said quietly, willing herself to NOT pass out from how much sugar the Lioness just consumed in mere minutes. "So now that they've been tested for quality, I think we can safely say they're good to make a s'more. Only thing I'd like to add is that in order to get it to melt to the perfect gooeyness, placing your graham cracker concoction near enough to the fire so that you can feel the warmth, but not too close that you'll get injured, should melt it just enough... remember you don't want it to melt too much or you'll end up with a mess."

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStar View Post
They could light their fire now. She hoped that Slytherin house still had a chance of winning. Instead of waiting for anybody else. Hannah eyeballed everybody else to see how the used this non magical flint thingy. Okay, it seemed simple enough and if Hufflepuff could figure it out, she knew that she could. Very carefully she lit the fire. She had done it. She still thought doing the things the muggle way was pointless and she had no intention of ever doing things like that.

Then s'mores were mentioned and she was glad to see that she once again wasn't the only one who didn't know what that was. It seemed as if the house of Slytherin was the only one who didn't know much about muggles. They sounded good enough when she heard the others explain them. Then she watched Alexa practically devour all of the ingredients. Was it really a good idea to get her to demonstrate anything that could be eaten? Hannah really didn't think so.
Watching as Hannah took initiative to light the fire, she nodded approvingly.

"Very well then. So for the correct concoction you'll need ONE whole graham cracker, broken in half, as one will act as your top and the other the bottom. One marshmallow, and half a bar of chocolate."

Digging through her notes again, Fina dug out a picture of a completed s'more. "Alright, soooo when completed, it should look like this." She stuck that picture to the board so they could see.

ooc: yes, this is part of classroom participation for making a s'more. Assume both Badgers and Snakes have fires going, so feel free to use one of their fires to melt your s'mores. Go ahead and have your characters make one. Melt it too much or not enough, whichever. Have your characters come up and take the three ingredients. Yes, we have plates and napkins up here too. Try to not light yourselves on fire either, or we won't be happy and you might not get food again in future classes haha ;P We'll close this on Thursday afternoon , so have fun <3

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Magic. Madness. Heaven. Sin________________You look like my next mistake