View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 08:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lizasaurus

Default The Man Who Lived - Sa16+

Hello! And welcome to my 2013 Nanowrimo novel! My story is about Gidyun Yenorin, the man who was born in 1979 and had a hard life up until an accident that brought him to the year 2063. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: The universe in which I am writing my story, and all cannon characters are strictly the creation of J.K. Rowling.

My life may have started out the typical way of a young wizard but I guarantee it never was to be an easy one. I had loving parents, two siblings, one older and one younger. We appeared to most people to be a lovely family of five with not a single problem. Lord Voldemort was dead, and my family went on as if it had never happened in the first place. I was born on February 17, 1979, and we lived in Amsterdam in the Netherlands. Most wizarding families didn’t have a religion, but ours was a Jewish family. We followed all the Jewish customs and holidays, and I even spoke a bit of Hebrew. I never did have my Bar Mitzvah, which is very unusual for a Jewish family’s children not to go through. Neither my brother Corin nor my sister Ava have their Bar Mitzvah or Bat Mitzvah.

As a typical young wizard, I showed my magic quite young. My mother always insisted on my having my hair parted to the side, and it made me feel as if I was a two year old child, I’d get yelled at often by both my mum and dad or tattled on my Corin, that I had refixed my hair, but I never did. It just automatically within minutes became all spiky without me doing a single thing about it. To this day it’s very rare that you’ll ever find my hair anything but in a spiky fashion. Even at times, if I part it a certain way, it will just move back on its own.

They say that there wasn’t a witch or wizard that was a dark wizard that hadn’t come from Slytherin, but I don’t believe that one bit. I know many witches and wizards that came from the Slytherin house that weren’t dark or evil. The Slytherin house might have had a bad history of producing the darkest wizards, but it doesn’t mean that all Slytherin’s are evil. My father and mother were both from Slytherin as were my sister, brother and I. Out of the five of us, only my brother was the one to turn to the dark side and follow Lord Voldemort.

This is the story of my life. How I overcame the evils of Lord Voldemort’s era, the Great Battle, and even an accident that changed my life forever. My life started out like hell, but as my wife tells me, it’s what shaped me and what brought me and made me into who I am now. I used my past, horrific as it was, to bring protection to the family I have now, to teach my kids the wrong from the right. To show them that no matter what kind of hell you have been through, you can always come ahead and change your life into what it should be. My life now may not always be the best, and I still have problems that happen, but it’s how I deal with those problems that has changed. I don’t take life for granted; I take it by its horns and make it bend to my will. I don’t let the bad stuff take over my life, I let it shape my life. I have four beautiful children, which I wouldn’t trade for the world. And a wife that I love more than life itself. Those are the things I cherish now. Not the mark I received when I wasn’t even 16 years old, not the scars from my past. I miss my family that I never got to say good bye to those many years ago, and probably always will miss them. But I don’t dwell on that, maybe one day we will meet again. I don’t know. I don’t believe in afterlife, but somehow some day in the back of my mind I hope that I will be able to see them, and tell them that I got passed the bad times and the sorrow. That my family is the most important to me even now. I like to think they are looking down at us with smiles on their faces watching us as we live our lives to the fullest. You never know what tomorrow might bring. You never know what 15 minutes might bring. Those 15 minutes that took me ahead 65 years were probably the best 15 minutes a guy could ever ask for. I wouldn’t change that accident. Was Maree and I destined to be together, if I hadn’t had the accident? I can’t answer that. If the accident had never happened, Becca would still be miserable, Torie without a father, and no Emma. That accident was a blessing in disguise, for years I had wanted to reverse it, to try and go back to my own time. The danger of doing that was even scarier than the actual accident, but now? I would never want to go back in time, I’m happy with my life, and wouldn’t ask for anything else. One day I could lose everything I hold dear, something could happen to Becca or myself. But what matters most is the way I see things now and how I live. Will I let that fear of losing everything take over my life? Or will I live life to its fullest, loving my wife and my family. Spending each day with them as if it might be my last.

Last edited by Lizasaurus; 12-07-2013 at 10:06 PM.