View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 04:31 AM   #25 (permalink)
Albert Kettleburn
Minister for Magic
Lobalug

Minister's Office

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan arjay View Post
And Zach heard the magic word, Enter.

He opened the door and smiled at the new Minister for Magic. It was his first formal visit to the big guy. He was a little bit nervous because he wasn't particularly sure about the character of the new fella. He cleared his throat and said,

"Good day, Minister. I am Zacharias McMillan and I am your Junior Undersecretary." he said with joy in his tone.

It wasn't really the first time meeting the man, but the last time he met him was a brief non-formal introduction. This time, it is a bit formal.
Ah, good. The junior undersecretary was making an appearance. Albert gave the man a nod and gestured toward one of the chairs, indicating Zacharias should take a seat. It was only a matter of time before they were introduced, and it was impressive the man had the initiative to do it himself.

"I'm pleased to meet you, Mr. McMillan. I'm sure we'll have an excellent working relationship."

Quote:
Originally Posted by the fastest seeker View Post

She nodded to the minister's office, absorbing his notes. She didn't need to write down or anything, she'd remember those. Victoria's eyes went to the desk, curtains and bookshelves when they were mentioned. Yes, indeed, new look wouldn't hurt. Merlin knew how long they have been here. She couldn't remember if Greingoth had kept Borr's. Probably not. "I'll take all that in consideration, sir." She said already making plans of where to look and what to look for. She probably would add some plants. Ask Level-Four about it perhaps? "Do you mind adding a specific kind of plants," Nothing huge or dangerous...or poisonous. No need to point that out, right?!

Oh, another task. She was about to mention the ministry daycare, she was glad she didn't. surely he'd be bringing them to see them and not have them sent to the daycare. She gazed off the distance thinking of potential baby sitters. "What's the children's ages? " Just so she knows what qualifications would be required. It can be a level-one employee, she thought. Or not. Maybe from the specialty area
The wheels were turning in Victoria's head, and Albert approved of whatever direction her thoughts were taking her. As long as she heeded his tastes and it was different, Albert was interested in see what she found. "Plants are fine, although I'll need assistance remembering to water them," he responded to her question. Hopefully nothing man-eating, if she could help it.

Moving on to his second request... Albert was keen to keep the children out of the daycare center. Not only because Celandine was letting them visit the Ministry specifically to see Albert, not the inside of another room, but because they would be visiting so infrequently.

"If they're here while I'm here, I'm sure I'll be keeping an eye on them. I'm just thinking about in case of emergency meetings, I'll want someone in the office who can step in. They're 1, 4, and 6, by the by, although I imagine the 6-year-old is the one most likely to visit." Charlotte was much more gregarious than Callum.