View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 01:35 AM   #139 (permalink)
PhoenixRising

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
Default /late. oh and yes, continue working ;)
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Hadley was watching and observing, mostly, making sure no one was cheating or taking more wood or rocks than designated by the equal four-way split.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silence of the Lemons View Post
"D'you think she'll notice if we cheat and just use an Incendio?" was the first sentence out of Alice's mouth as she approached her teammates. Of course she was an honorable Gryffindor and all but..... this was the dumbest assignment ever. Best way to become warm? Shutting the windows. Come onnnn, Hadley. She couldn't work when it was this cold. Really. She couldn't.

Whatever. She waited for Lex to fetch the rocks. And.. wait.. she was going to the bag.. Cambridge was gonna get wood stuff too, right?

... teeth chattering now. How long did these take to make?
That was when she heard the Gryffindor Captain. Because she wasn't deaf or oblivious. "Don't make me take your wand away, Miss Fischer." Or anyone else who seemed to be abusing the privledge of having a wand in muggle studies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yourenodaisy View Post
What did they need to build a campfire? Kaiden didn't feel that he needed to you know, say anything else. Everyone seemed to have the wood and stuff covered, and he had already shown his fire starter. So, that was his input.

Taking the paper on campfires, he glanced at it. Huh... that was... interesting. They were actually making campfires? An excited "Yes" accidentally escaped his lips. This was SO much better than phone booths. He wondered if An Alice was here.

Hopping up as soon as he was able to, Kaiden headed to where Keeper Lady was. "That looks a good a place as ever. I'll go get some of the wood then. " since everyone was getting the stones. "Can you get them to make a ring with the stones?" Gathering up the wood, he paused. "Um Professor Head Lady? Can we use the paper bag too?" he asked picking it up. Because it would be useful.
Professor Head Lady? Uh say what now, Kaiden? Blinking at the fifth year, she was startled in the least by how he addressed her and then his request. Use the paper bag. Oh, it was empty, wasn't it? Well, one of them. "Yes, but ..." quickly she duplicated the empty bag, so there were four. "Need to be fair. Each house gets a paper bag, if they wish."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Late person
Léa always arrived at classes on time--always!--but in Hogwarts? Why should she care? She had no worries whatsoever like stupid house cups, and she certainly could still excell in her studies even if she missed the first fifteen minutes. She hated speaking English, so she wasn't eager to attend the classes anyway. In summary, if you asked her, she would list you a million reasons for her being late, but in reality, she wanted to be the rebel for a change in her life that had always been perfect, abiding by rules, arriving on time, looking down on rebels.

Knocking on the door. Opening it. Clearly arriving late. With a bold, French apology to the professor. Yep.

And she wasn't ashamed too. If anything, her head was lifted even higher than ever and she observed the class for a few minutes. She didn't see anyone from her folk, but she saw Mischa by Ravenclaws and figured she should join them too.

"'ello," she greeted the cute boy, but ignored the second year brat and the prefect. "What are we doeen'?"
Yes. We see you arriving late there, Ms French lady. Frown. But at least she was here, and she probably just got lost considering the Hogwarts Castle was larger than that of Beauxbatons castle. So forgiven, this time. And at least she seemed to be just jumping right in ... with some claws.

SPOILER!!: shifty persons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karina Wozniacki View Post
Heh. It was time for some fun! After watching Mischa throw some spells around in the last Divination class, Karina was ready to try it herself. But what could she do? She should be creative, so just the plain extinguishing charm was out. What about just making the competition harder for everyone else? She drew her wand and pointed it at the first person she saw, a boy with a bright yellow "HEAD BOY" badge pinned to his robes (Wade). Perfect. Of course "pointing" the wand meant that she was just playing with it in her hands, thinking, not looking at all at her target, and generally looking innocuous. Silencio! she concentrated on performing the spell silently. There. If the HEAD BOY was shut up and not there to lead, the Hufflepuffs should fall behind. Since she had silenced one person, she might as well do the same to a few others. Over the course of five minutes, she had targeted a Ravenclaw (Lily), that ridiculous flirty boy from Beauxbatons (Gaston), and to throw off suspicion a Gryffindor (Jacob) along with Mischa. Sorry Cha, really I am.

She would continue to wreck havoc later if needed, but for now, this would be fun. She continued to fiddle with her wand every now and then to throw off the suspicion and to make it seem like she normally played with her wand when she was concentrating. This was more fun than she had realized!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Léa Maltisse View Post
Taking advantage of the commotion (or rather silence), she turned only a fraction to direct her wand better at Gryffindor area and cast a silent "Evanesco!" charm on their rocks and whatever they had got so far to make a campfire. It was an advanced charm, but she wasn't chosen to represent Beauxbatons to fail either.

Please, accuse someone random and start a brawl, over-brave creatures?

Hadley wasn't sure what was going on exactly, but she did see some shiftiness going on and she was UNimpressed..... LIKE why did that Durmstrang boy and Jake Keller seem unable to speak? They were moving their lips, but no words. AND ........ what was Anya complaining about? OH, ... part of their rocks ... were definitely gone.

"Whoever is using their wand in Muggle Studies, needs to stop. Now." That was all she was going to say about that. "But in other news, how's everyone's building going? Just a little bit longer, I think? SO besides for warmth, what else do muggles - and sometimes wizards - build campfires for?"

ooc: just a couple more FYIs; I tweeted from Hadley's account but not everyone follows us, so we'll post again here.
1) for Lions, Snakes and Eagles mostly: as long as you have a minimum of say 5-6 people actively working, we'll call it even as far as # of members participating for the activity ...
2) assume Hadley transfigured the room into a campsite appropriate setting, just as she did with the Arithmancy classroom into a maze a few terms back ;D.
3) 24 more hours to 'finish' ..... let me know if you need help / confused / etc.

______________So much is happening to me. So much that I can't even see.
So many words of wisdom that I am trying to be. It'll be in my own time.