Thread: Conference Room
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 03:29 AM   #13 (permalink)
PatInTheHat

DMAC
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maximiliano Delgado
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Topher Fakiris
Accidents & Catastrophes

x6 x3
Browncoat l Extra Syrup l Kita's Strong Confident Other Half l Lemon Patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles View Post
Coffee and bagels? Howard looked at the woman who had arrived just as he did. He couldn't stomach anything to eat right now, and he didn't drink coffee. It made him... 'jumpy'. “That's very kind of you. I-I don't suppose there's any tea going?” He asked, hoping that wasn't too bold.. or rude.
"It's my job," She said with a dismissive shrug, casting a small cooling charm on her coffee before taking another sip. Ahh. That was better. Shaking her head, Alani rocked in her seat a bit and studied the new face. "No, I don't drink tea, so I didn't think to bring any." Didn't care to was more like it, but she supposed, since it was her job and all, she would try to care next time.

Sigh.

New people were making her work harder.

"I can get some next time. What's your name?" He could have hers after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug View Post
One moment the room was empty, like eary scary empty and now it was filling up with new and long-term employees. It was just nice to see people in the room with him for the same reason, felt like an interrogation for a moment then, well kinda. Bradley gave smiles to everyone around the room but didn't really say much, the shyness has crept in! He did reply to Ashley though with a "Yes thank you, how about yourself" before settling in with just sitting and waiting.

He really wasn't good with small talk.

Then the coffee arrived, he didn't mind coffee but tea was much preferred and he was about to as for some when a new employee beat him too it. With a little smile he piped up, "I'll second that, thank you Howard" He turned his his direction to introduce himself, "I'm Bradley, its nice to meet you Howard." He would have done the whole and shake thing but was too far away.

"How bad does the explosion look Aliani?"
he then asked - ooh small talk! - to try and at least getting himself talking and the room less creepy silent.
Or he could have it now.

Howard, his first name or his last she wondered? Alani watched the interaction while enjoying her much-better-than-tea coffee, not repeating herself since she was sure he heard her response, but speaking up when she was spoken to. "I didn't get that great of a look, lots of smoke. I'd say it's pretty bad though, from what I heard in passing." She sipped her coffee again. Calm cool and collected, she wasn't worried about no explosions.

Speaking of labs exploding. "Oh, but Derek is back now so the rest should be coming back as well to let us know the damage." He looked as if he was taking this... as she expected him to.

Someone should get him a coffee. Iced.

______________We'll live while we're young We'll chase down the sun _________________________