View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 09:30 PM   #20 (permalink)
Bjorn Berg
Puffskein

Default Erik, Roxanne, and Ivy
Slick Dealer

SPOILER!!: Erik and Roxanne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Vinteren View Post
Erik had been here before, but not in some time. He nodded simply to Berg's question, not really in the mood to talk about home. "Quite." He liked it though, as much as he hated to admit it. It was aesthetic.

And speaking of aesthetics...Erik took the shiny thing from his manager with a puzzled expression before he realized what it was. "Nice touch," he said with a smirk, affixing it to his suit near the chest pocket. He ambled along just behind his manager, his eyes always busy taking in who else was present and who was not. He recognized many of these people from his research...and ah, there was one of his fellow candidates now.

Erik nudged Bjorn's arm and gestured for him to follow over toward a blonde woman.

"Roxanne," he greeted her with his hand out for a shake. It was politer than just sneaking up. "How are you doing?" He liked her suit. She really looked great.

Bjorn could tell Erik wasn't in much of a chatty mood. Not good. This is a rubbing elbows event if I've ever seen one. "You'll have to be a bit more clever than that tonight, my friend," he said, hoping Erik would catch on. It wasn't a criticism, just a professional reminder.

From Erik's gesture to the woman, Bjorn saw that he had indeed understood. The man was a natural, the perfect candidate for Bjorn's style. Also extending his hand to the woman, he said, "And I'm Bjorn Berg, his campaign manager." Noting her smart pant suit, he added, "And permit me to say that you look lovely this evening, madam, absolutely stunning." And that's how it's done, Vinteren. SCHMOOOOOOZE.

SPOILER!!: sarahlooo
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlooo View Post
With confidence in her stride, Ivy Knox walked into the Atrium for the first time, taking note of the large statue, while still aware of those around her. Particularly Erik and his manager, who apparently was also 'Norwegian'... Right.

As she walked further, she noticed Erik speaking to Roxanne who was wearing a rather interesting outfit that didn't seem quite appropriate to Ivy. Time to party crash...

"Good evening gentlemen, Roxanne," Ivy said, nodding to the men and then her fellow candidate, her hand resting on Erik's arm and a slightly twisted smile on her face. She turned to Ivy again. "I wish you the best of luck tonight. Break a leg." It was a figure of speech in most cases, but Ivy didn't really mind if it just so happened to come true.

Ivy then walked right between Erik and Roxanne and headed off for the buffet. Before she got too far, she turned her head back in Erik's direction and gave him a wink before disappearing through the crowd.

Then a new woman appeared from thin air, or so it seemed. Courtesy and schmoozing protocols required a greeting, so he said sleekly, "Good evening, madam. My my, the Brits sure do know how to clean up for a gala, yourself included." Cue winning smile.

But not long after, she made her somewhat discourteous exit. No matter, there were others on which his charm could be used.