Thread: The Lagoon
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 05:06 PM   #23 (permalink)
Lizasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Maybe he didn’t show up and doesn’t want to tell me his plans changed again.

Lucas eyes widened what friend didn’t get on the plane when you had planned a vacation together and then didn’t have the guts to say that their plans had changed? Noah was the name that came to mind. Listening to Willow’s wild guesses a hunch which he just knew right surfaced in his mind. Shaking his head tried to piece his idea together. "Did you say that your friend’s name was Noah?"

"My best mate’s name is Noah Plummer. He has a steady girlfriend but has lots of crazy plans which he tries to put into action. Most of them changes or backfires before I usually manage to understand the gist of them, sound familiar?"

"I think us meeting on this island vacation isn’t a coincidence at all I think he set it up for us." Lucas stated. "I hope that doesn’t freak you out." He hurriedly added. He didn’t want Willow to think that he had anything to do with Noah’s plan. He had just wanted a vacation. A broad smile lit up Lucas face when he heard Willow accept his dinner offer. He wondered though if she’d take it back now, knowing that it was a set up.

Lucas nodded. "Yes I’m ready," To go swim that is. When Noah called which he would sooner or later Lucas was going to demand an explanation.
Seeing his eyes widened, she gazed at him curiously. That was until he asked if she'd said her friend's name was Noah. Nodding, she responded "Noah Plumm..." her eyes widened as Lucas said the name at the same time, and described her own friend perfectly. "Oh goodness..." she said with a stunned look on her face. She hadn't even considered that might be what had happened.

Nodding "I think your right." Looking out over the water she shook her head her eyes twinkling in laughter "No not at all. The vacation might not have been a coincidence but destiny. Everything happens for a reason." she said quietly, "Even if it's not planned." Looking back over at him, she offered him a shy smile. Though she really didn't need to feel shy it kind of drifted over her anyway, knowing that they'd been placed here together by a mutual friend. "I guess I can't say I mind all that much." she said softly.

Seeing his face light up into a smile after she said she'd go to dinner with him, it warmed her all the way through. She knew now that she'd definitely made a great decision to go and take him up on that. She was totally looking forward to it now too! "I can't wait." she murmured.

Nodding she flashed him a smile "Ok." Wading out further into the water she continued til she was past waist deep before sinking below the water to get used the water fully before the swim and dove underneath to get fully wet.