Thread: The Lagoon
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 08:18 AM   #21 (permalink)
Lizasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
It was soothing and nice to stand knee deep in warm water and just soak in the peaceful atmosphere. Lucas wished that he could live close to water at home but London didn’t have open water unless you counted the park ponds. Sighing inaudibly he turned to Willow with a frown "That’s odd. Why would he ignore both your texts and calls, it doesn’t make sense. Did you ask the hotel lobby people to keep a lookout for him?"

His mate hadn’t been much better Lucas admitted silently but at least he had received a text in the middle of the night from him. If Noah hadn’t sent him that then he’d be worried now. Feeling the water lap around his feet Lucas replied. "My mate never showed up but at least he sent me a text albeit a cryptic one." Shrug.

"Oh, we could try for a reign-check tonight if you want?" Lucas offered impulsively. Just as he did so he wanted to kick himself. He was on vacation not here to find ‘the right woman’ but it would be nice to eat in the company of someone rather than alone.

Oh shuck it Lucas decided. Why not enjoy the vacation and have fun with Willow when his path crossed hers and then let whatever happened happen. "Want to swim around the lagoon with me?" Lucas wondered.
His voice sounded just as wonderful as she'd remembered it. And it was incredible he was speaking just to her! Shaking her head "I don't know, I think maybe he didn't show up, and doesn't know how to tell me his plans changed...again." Yep, Noah had done it a few times to her. "I did, they told me they weren't aware he was supposed to be staying at this hotel." Biting her lip she shook her head "Somehow I feel this was a setup this time around." Well, either way she was going to enjoy herself fully!

Making a face as he said his mate hadn't come either. "I'm sorry to hear that. Sounds like we're both in that situation." Meh, well at least they could enjoy the vacation anyway.

A smile blossomed on her face as he offered the raincheck for the dinner "I'd like that. A lot." she said quietly looking up at him. She'd not expected the offer, but it was very welcome! She wasn't looking forward to another night alone at dinner, and was thinking on just taking it back to the bungalow otherwise.

Grinning even more she nodded "Sounds perfect." Slipping her sunglasses off the top of her head she turned and tossed them onto her blanket back on the beach, watching as it fell just short off the blanket she shrugged "Are you ready?"