View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 05:13 PM

Post Five new "The Apparition" promos, Tom Felton talks working in supernatural thriller

Warner Bros released five new high-resolution movie stills and behind-the-scenes photos from the upcoming release of the supernatural thriller, The Apparition, starring former Harry Potter actor Tom Felton as character Patrick. Photos of Tom with costars Sebastian Stan and Ashley Greene, as well as director Todd Lincoln, can be seen below. The movie is set to release August 24 in theatres across the U.S.

Quote:
When frightening events start to occur in their home, young couple Kelly (Ashley Greene) and Ben (Sebastian Stan) discover they are being haunted by a presence that was accidentally conjured during a university parapsychology experiment. The horrifying apparition feeds on their fear and torments them no matter where they try to run. Their last hope is an expert in the supernatural, Patrick (Tom Felton), but even with his help they may already be too late to save themselves from this terrifying force.

Tom Felton, who portrays Ben's (Sebastian Stan) college friend, Patrick, a paranormal expert, was also drawn to the premise. "It's not a random cabin in the middle of the woods," Felton says. "It's based on something which people can relate to: an ordinary life, an ordinary day, an ordinary house."

Tom Felton says that the role of Patrick was an appealing challenge. "It's way out of my comfort zone. It was nothing like what I'd done before."

Lincoln notes, "I wanted to cast a younger, savvy guy with an edge as the scientific expert. Tom is an interesting actor and I'm excited for people to see him in this very different role."

Tom Felton recalls seeing ''ghost consultant" on the crew list and wondering, "What the hell is that?" The consultant was, in fact, real-life ghost hunter Joshua Warren, who was enlisted to lend his expertise. Felton reveals, "The research freaked me out to the point where when we came on set for the opening segment, I wanted to make sure all the machines were turned off during shooting our 'experiment.' I was convinced we were actually going to create something out of nothing. Joshua made it all so real."