View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 07:19 PM

Post Videos: Full clip of Rupert Grint's London Olympic relay run, talks summer games

Rupert Grint spoke to the BBC soon after he did his Olympic torch relay run through Middlesex University in London on Wednesday, and chatted about how he got involved and what a great honour it is. Rupert admitted that he will be attending the summer games later this month, more specifically the swimming races. A full video of Rupert's run in Barnet, and the interview with the former Harry Potter actor, can be viewed below.

On carrying the torch:
Rupert Grint: It was a very special moment. I don’t feel quite worthy enough to do it. It’s really overwhelming. It’s kind of a blur now when I think about it, but it’s really exciting.

News: And something very different from anything you’ve ever done…
Rupert:
Yeah, it is actually. Running, in itself, is something I don’t really do often, unless I’m being chased. But it was just a really special moment I’ll never forget. I can’t wait until the games start.

How did you come to be chosen to carry the torch?
Rupert:
I don’t really know. I was just asked through Lloyds; I got an invitation. I wasn’t expecting it. It was such a honor. It’s one of those moments you’ll never forget.

Are you looking forward to the games?
Rupert:
Yep, I’m an Olympic fan. I’ve got some tickets to the swimming, so I’m looking forward to that. It’s so exciting that it’s in London. I can’t wait.

To carry the torch in London for the London games, that must be a really special feeling.
Rupert:
It really is. It’s something I’m finding hard to really put into words. It’s just a really overwhelming blur of an experience that I hope I’m going to remember forever.