View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 01:16 AM   #9 (permalink)
lazykitty

DMLE & DMAC
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kalie Carter-Hope Gellar
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ronan Victor Carter
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Alfred Ludovic Devereaux
Accidents & Catastrophes
x7 x4
Dem Carters | even 🕊🕊 have pride | | Expecto PAWtronum 🐈 | U-NA-GI

It's All About the (Way Of) Balancing
By Roxanne Carter

When I was nineteen, I wasn't even thinking of my future career. Nope, like others my age, I was just focused on getting through university in one piece. And while having as much fun as possible. That wasn't too much to ask, I thought. Key word there is thought.

While I did manage to balance the grades and the fun, it came at a price. Sleep. I was getting very little to none of it. I thought that guzzling coffee and energy potions was a good substitute. Wrong. One day, all the sleeplessness caught up with me and I passed out. Right during one of my classes. During one of the most important tests of the year. One that would decide whether I would pass or fail the class.

As I woke up in the hospital, tubes running in all directions (and having failed that rather important test), I realized that the incident was my wake up call. It wasn't that I couldn't have that balance of grades and fun, no. It was just that my way of balancing them sucked. Really sucked. So, after trying (and failing) a few more times, I managed to find a way that did work. And still does to this very day.

You are Salt!

Last edited by Cassirin; 08-04-2012 at 02:25 AM.