View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 10:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
BanaBatGirl
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

The Man (and Dog) Who Saved My Life
By Ivy Bunbury

Actress, Singer, and Professional Dog Nanny

Once upon a time, a stranger saved my life. It was a little over a year ago, and at the time, I was really down on my luck. I was soooooo sad, so lost, and so hopeless. But this stranger saved me from myself after I had just found out that the part I’d been banking on, the big break I’d really needed, the salary that would save me from eviction.... had gone to someone else.

I’m an actress by trade, you see, WADA-trained and fully equipped in the performing arts with concentrations in vocals, violin, piano, and guitar. But this story isn’t about me or my résumé or my struggles to make it big; it’s about him. That great guy (and his dog!) that saved my life without even knowing what he was doing.

It was a cold, rainy January day when the life saving occurred. I was sitting on a wet old bench in this pretty London park, all wrapped up in my white trench coat (it was about to rain) and matching green sweaterdress outfit (you should see the shoes!), when along came one Mr. Weddell Bott, walking his reluctantly adopted stray dog. Now, at first I didn’t notice Mr. Bott, you see, as I was very busy mourning the bad news I’d just received. Tears were streaming down my face as I kept hearing the words of rejection play over and over again in my mind. Apparently I was, and I quote, “Too polite. Too shy. Too sweethearted,” for the play I’d just auditioned for. I had five galleons in my purse and none in my bank account, and just as my luck was running out, along came my saviors.

My first savior was actually Dell’s furry friend, whom I later came to know as “Francesca.” I looked up upon hearing the sound of footsteps and suddenly found myself face-to-face with a large, furry canine, breathing heavily and trying to lick my face. As Francesca got to know me on close terms, her owner stood awkwardly off to the side, clinging to her leash like it was a liferaft and he was shipwrecked. He mumbled some apologies and tried to get Francesca to GO, but she was NOT leaving without me.

What a sweetheart Francesca is! So is her owner, but, he takes time to warm up to.

Anyway, Francesca kept licking my tears about as fast they poured out my eyes, and all Dell Bott could do was offer me a hanky. I took it and tried to clean myself up so he wouldn't think I was part raccoon or something while he continued to try to yank his dog away. Well one thing led to another and somehow I ended up blubbering out my most recent troubles to this stranger… and his dog. I guess it was the presence of the compassionate dog plus the ridiculously handsome patient face of Dell that led to my telling him all my worries, but just as I got into the worst of the things (finding out that my long-term boyfriend had been CHEATING ON ME for about a year), it started to rain.

And naturally, I did not have an umbrella.

Dell and his dog didn’t have an umbrella either, but he DID happen to spot a gazebo nearby and of course we ran there for shelter. Francesca and I, fast friends already, sat down and eventually coaxed Dell into a seat, since it seemed the rain wasn’t about to let up. We introduced ourselves and made some small talk and, as it turned out, Dell was a pretty nice guy.

For a hot celebrity heir-to-a-business-empire, after all. Heh.

He asked me if there was anything he could do to make my terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day better, and, being the honest person I was, I gave him a straight answer:

"Job. I could use help finding employment."

Dell, then, assumed I was not only unemployed but also homeless – and he wasn’t far off. I had been renting a room at the Leaky Cauldron for a few months (ever since the break-up) and was close to being homeless since I couldn’t afford the next month’s rent. Dell saw this and, somehow, was able to open his heart and his home to me just enough to offer me a job. And a place to stay. And money to go along with this job and this place to stay.

"I do need a dog walker," I remember him saying gently. "If you can prove to be adequate enough," I swear this is exactly how Dell talks, "the job is yours."

I, of course, accepted‼ Just the thought of being offered a job by the Weddell Bott was more than enough for me. I thanked him graciously, offered him hugs, offered Francesca hugs, and agreed to his terms right away. I’d be staying in the servants’ quarters (which are actually bedrooms larger than the size of an average home) and would be taking care of Francesca pretty much 24/7. We shook hands on the deal and just like that, my life changed in an instant.

That was a year ago. Now, I have a permanent residence in Antarctica, even though I’m hardly there anymore! I even met a lovely man while I was out walking Francesca at a dog park one day. He helped me get a few singing gigs at the Blood Tangerine club, which I highly recommend everyone checks out on Tuesdays and Thursdays (my nights to sing), and I’m looking into doing a wizard biopic now.

I just have so much more zest for life thanks to Mr. Bott and Francesca. If it weren’t for Dell and his delightful dog, I wouldn’t be in the happy place I am today. So here’s to the man (and the dog!) who saved my life! Cheers, boss!

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind

Last edited by Cassirin; 08-04-2012 at 02:00 AM.