View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 01:25 AM   #101 (permalink)
PhoenixRising

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

SPOILER!!: Pythagorean Ladies
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOPEendures View Post
Er...Jezzabelle sat there momentarily stuned and then nodded slowly. Okay Calculate the expression number of Professor Hadley using the Pythagorean System. Easy enough. She walked up to the board, picked up a piece of chalk and began..

SPOILER!!: Board

J o s e p h i n a
1+6+1+5+7+8+9+5+1=43=4+3= 7

F a i t h
6+1+9+2+8= 26=2+6=8

H a d l e y
8+1+4+3+5+7=28=2+8=10=1+0=1

7+8+1=16=1+6

Expression number: 7

Jezzabelle placed down the chalk and dusted here hands off on her skirt. She looked over her math three times before she actually moved away from the board. The last thing she needed was to majorly mess up in front of the entire class. Taking her seat she wrote down some notes and then waited patiently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireboltAvis88 View Post
Alyssa quickly took out her parchment and pen and waited for Antoinette to finish with her calculations. While she waited she started calculating the Life Path Number for Professor Hadley.

First she needed Professor Hadley's birthday. She searched through her journal because she remembered that she had written it down once before and then she found it.

2nd April 2044

= 2 + 4 + (2+0+4+4)
= 6+ (10)
= 6 + (1+0)
= 6+1
= 7

Professor Hadley's Life Path Number was 7.
Quote:

Now that Alyssa had Jezzabelle's calculations for Professor Hadley's Expression Number which was a 7, Alyssa quickly walked up to the Board, picked up a chalk and started calculating the Professor's Bridge Number, adding her own calculations to the Board under Jezzabelle's.

Text Cut: Professor Hadley's Life Path Number calculations

2nd April 2044

= 2 + 4 + (2+0+4+4)
= 6+ (10)
= 6 + (1+0)
= 6+1
= 7

7 + 7
= 14
= 1+4
= 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOPEendures View Post
Jezzabelle looked up at Alyssa's completed work and said to the girl softly, "You're supposed to subtract the two numbers not add them." That's kind of how bridge numbers worked in away. The difference between the two was the bridge.
Quote:
Alyssa looked at Jezzabelle confused at what the girl was trying to tell her before she looked at her calculations on the board. 'Duh! I am supposed to subtract them. How could I have messed up like that.' Alyssa quickly gave Jezzable the thumbs up sign and erased her calculations before writing them up again.

Expression Number - Life Path Number = Bridge Number
7 - 7
= 0

0? Alyssa scratched her head. That couldn't be right either. She just wished her headache would go away. It definitely wasn't helping her concentrate any better. Alyssa looked into her textbook to make sure that she had not made another mistake. Then read what Zero meant as a Bridge Number and figured that the number zero wasn't impossible after all.

Text Cut: Definition of the Number 0

ZERO LP/Exp Number(0): Your Life Path and Expression numbers are the same digits, a fortunate opportunity to gain ground in the areas of life expressed by the repeated number.

Josephina stood away from the board, watching between the volunteered individuals and the seated students. When Jezzabelle finished, she waited for Alyssa, and was about to say something about her initial calculation of the Bridge Number, when the second year had leaned over to whisper something.

Smiling at Jezzabelle - and Alyssa - as the fourth year corrected it, she nodded, "Yes, the number zero is correct as my bridge number when you use the Pythagorean System. Thank you both."

SPOILER!!: Chaldean Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana View Post

Sierra was just content to sit back and relax, that is, until she heard her name. Sitting up a little straighter, she glanced up at the professor. Wait...she had to do a demonstration?! ...but---why?! Oh, she hated Arithmancy, which in some part had to do with the fact that she didn't understand parts of it.

...and now she was meant to get in front of the entire class and do a demonstration. What if she got the answer wrong?! UGH. She had to appear calm and confident, though, so she gave Hadley a sharp nod of understanding.

When it was Sierra's turn, she headed to the front of the room and began the calculations.

J O S E P H I N A
1 7 3 5 8 5 1 5 1
1+7+3+5+8+5+1+5+1 = 36
3+6 = 9

F A I T H
8 1 1 4 5
8+1+1+4+5 = 19
1+9 = 10
1+0 = 1

H A D L E Y
5 1 4 3 5 1
5+1+4+3+5+1 = 19
1+9 = 10
1+0 = 1

9+1+1 = 11
1+1 = 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelsheen View Post
Oh... up on the board to demo? Vickers scampered out of his seat, textbook and parchment still in hand. He wasnt quite sure if he was understanding the lesson correctly, it was like a cross-discipline Arithmancy thing and it was a challenge to keep them straightened out in his head.

He stood beside the Slytherin Prefect and gave a feeble "Hullo" and a smile that was meant to be friendly but was more please dont eat me.

But yeah now to calculate that Life Path number, which was easy enough...

When Sierra was done Vickers glanced over her work. They were supposed to use the reduced single number werent they? He moved shifted a little closer to Sierra and wrote these in at the bottom between their two calculations

5... it was one of the special case number wasnt it? Flipping the textbook open to the page, he read the passage that applied to this particular set of calculations...

Whoah...

Watching as Sierra wrote her Expression Number on the board first, she took a double-take at the answer the Slytherin Prefect calculated and was about to say something, when she checked her own notes carefully. And then looked back at what was written on the board and nodded.

And then Vickers went and calculated her bridge number to which nodded. Though if you wanted to be more complicated, then technically it was a four, since this was the Chaldean method, but for simplicity sake, they were just using the reducing values.

"Amazing, how two different number systems create such vastly different bridge numbers, yet on the other hand, they're quite similar..." Interesting . . . Both involved balance and conflict. Sort of.

Yes, she had noticed students working on calculations before she'd given them the proper go-ahead, but before she could get to checking them, she did need to tell them all what to do first.

"So go ahead and use just the Chaldean Number System and find your Life Path/Expression Bridge Numbers," Fina nodded at them. "For some of you, this might be easy if you brought your notes with you from last lesson as you've already done your Expression Numbers with the Chaldean Method."

"And I'll be walking around if you have any questions or get stuck."

SPOILER!!: Ira
Quote:
Originally Posted by nups21 View Post
Ira was just scribbling notes. And so fast that she had missed answering the last couple of question! And now there was major catch up. But no worries.. she had her textbook for reference too, right?

Ira looked on as Professor called four of the students for calculating her bridge number. So.. Ira thought, why not calculate her own number till the time the others finished Hadley's calculations? That way she wouldn't have to sit idle. Plus she could review from the board too.

So she began calculating her own number using first, the pythagorean and then the chaldean system:

Text Cut: Ira's notes

IRA ADAM WILSON
11 July, 2063

Pythagorean system

Life Path Number
(11)+(7)+(2+0+6+3)
=(11)+(7)+(11)
=(2)+(7)+(2)
=11

Expression Number
(9+9+1)+(1+4+1+4)+(5+9+3+1+6+5)
=(19)+(10)+(29)
=(10)+(1)+(11)
=(1)+(1)+(2)
=4

Bridge Number
(11)-(4)
=7

Chaldean Method

Life Path Number
(11)+(7)+(2+0+6+3)
=(11)+(7)+(11)
=(2)+(7)+(2)
=11

Expression Number
(1+2+1)+(1+4+1+4)+(6+1+3+3+7+5)
=(4)+(10)+(25)
=(4)+(1)+(7)
=(12)
=3

Bridge number
(11)-(3)
=8

Ira hoped that her calculations were right. She thought she would show them afterwards when required to Professor Hadley.

Having a look at one of the young Gryffindor's first, she nodded at work. "Often I find it beneficial though to write the name above each of the letters. Helps to see where the numbers come from and that they were transcribed correctly from the table." But other than that, her addition seemed fine and well enough.

"Though when you calculate your Bridge Number, you should reduce them both to single digits or leave them both as compound." Be consistent. SO like that 11 should be a 2 before she subtracts.

SPOILER!!: Kurumi
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Well, now you had done it Professor.

Kurumi nodded and returned her gaze to her parchment, her interest clearly sparked and began to review her calculations once more. Perhaps a little too eager and curious, Kurumi wanted to see if there really were any interesting interpretations to the deeper influences, and she began to add some more calculations while she waited for the others to finish their work on the board.
SPOILER!!: Kurumi's parchment

NOTE: Using the Chaldean Method of numbering. Double digit numbers hold significance!

K U R U M I  ● H O L L I N G B E R R Y
2 6 2 6 4 1 ● 5 7 3 3 1 5 3 2 5 2 2 1

Character Number
Also known as Expression Number or Destiny Number. It is an element of the Core that describes your life's purpose, what you must live up to in this lifetime, your opportunities for success, the qualities and manner of living you must develop, what you are destined for, the target you are aiming for in life, and the kind of work that would be a natural expression of your Life Path.
K U R U M I
2 6 2 6 4 1

2+6+2+6+4+1 = 21
2+1 = 3

21: This number is symbolized by the picture of "the Universe", and it is also called "the Crown of the Magi". It is a number of ad*vancement, honors, elevation in life and general success. It means victory after long initiation and tests of determination. It is a for*tunate number of promise if it appears in any connection with future events.

H O L L I N G B E R R Y
5 7 3 3 1 5 3 2 5 2 2 1

5+7+3+3+1+5+3+2+5+2+2+1= 39
3+9 = 12 = 1+2 = 3

39: This is a number of thoughtful deduction, retrospection, and mental superiority over one's fellows, but as it seems to belong completely to the mental plane, the persons it represents, are likely to put all material things on one side — not because they have to, but because they wish to do so. For this reason it is neither for*tunate nor unfortunate, for either depends on the mental outlook of the person it represents. It can be all powerful, but it is just as often indifferent according to the will or desire of the person.

12: The symbolism of this number is suffering and anxiety of mind. It is also indicated as "the Sacrifice" or "the Victim" and generally foreshadows one being sacrificed for the plans or intrigues of others.

Character number: 3+3= 6
6: Your mission in life is to serve. Your purpose is to care for family and loved ones, all while using your adoration of beauty and community to create closeness in life around you. Learning to express altruism and giving comfort to others will bring you closer to your destiny. You're destined for nurturing and beautifying. Love with balance.

Life Path Number
Add together the month, day, and year you were born using the addition method of reducing first, then adding together.
May 12, 2061 = 05 + (1+2) + (2+0+6+1) = 5 + 3 + 9 = 17
= 8

Life Path/Expression (Destiny) Bridge
The Life Path/Expression Bridge Number details how you can make your talents, strengths, and specific abilities (Expression number) more easily applicable and fitting the needs of your main lesson(s) and expected avenue of growth (Life Path).

using the number 6 for Character Number
8-6 = 2
TWO (2): You are advised to hone your skills of receptiveness, increasing your ability to sense the needs and expectations of others and responding to them with cooperativity and understanding. Attempt to make things run smoothly by keeping the peace and remaining rock-steady. Use your diplomatic ways to avoid confrontation while influencing those around you.

Only Kurumi stopped for a moment wondering how she would use those double digits in a new calculation. Would she add them together, the ones associated with her first and last name and then subtract her Life Path Number from that larger number? She would ask, but seeing as Professor Hadley wanted to keep things simplified for younger years for the time being the Gryffindor held her tongue. She could just ask the professor while she was walking around checking their calculations or whatnot.

Kurumi's looked good of course. Except the fact that it looked like the sixth year had about a million and one questions running through her brain, but other than that . . .

______________So much is happening to me. So much that I can't even see.
So many words of wisdom that I am trying to be. It'll be in my own time.