View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 08:35 PM   #79 (permalink)
TeafortheSoul
Formerly: Tegz
Dark Force Defense League

DERP & DMT
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
???
Ravenclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ronnie Thurkell
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Jarsdel
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Calyx Morgan-Bott
Ecological Protection

x12 x12
lives in a hobbit hole || Ern and Touz's Nuzzle || roflysst || looking at a seed packet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Edvard was slightly surprised that Althea didn't accept the flowers but not totally. Given what had transpired at end of term feast he couldn't exactly blame her for not doing cartwheels of joy at the sight of him. Ignoring the folded arms, he responded calmly. "I heard about it in the atrium when I was looking at the job postings for different departments, some ministry workers were gossiping about it and I wanted to come and congratulate you."

Not really sure what to do with the bouquet of roses Edvard still held it in his arms between them hoping that Althea would eventually accept them. "Anyway, I'm truly sorry about the scene at the feast. I made a big mess of things and I acted childishly and impulsively. I'm very sorry and I hope you can forgive me because I still want us to be friends." He said truthfully from his heart.
Because of course Eddie again chooses the worst possible places to say his damned piece. Althea was of course aware of the arrival of one of her newest employees, along with the quick high-tailing it of the others.

Uh huh. Gossip, was it? She didn't ask what the gossip was, nor did she point out that she would not give him a job. Althea eyed him levelly. "It isn't appropriate for you to be here, especially not to drop in unannounced, with a bouquet of red roses." A flower which clearly denoted romantic intentions, and he'd sure as hell not earned that right yet, especially after everything.

She gave him an incredulous look. That he'd just randomly decide to 'apologise' when he'd said himself that this little visit had supposedly been unplanned despite the roses -which lets face it aren't cheap- and that the intention was to congratulate her?

"I don't think you listen to anything I say, Edvard. Or if you do, you hear what you want to hear and nothing else at all soaks in. Its been months since I saw you last; if you really meant to apologise you would have made some effort to do so sooner. And again thank you for making another public declaration that paints me as mean and unreasonable because I'm not willing to compromise my standards or my self respect for a man who still has no idea who I am as a person, and reduces his supposed attraction toward me to my being pretty." It didn't impress her.

"I don't know if I can forgive you Eddie, because so far I've not seen a single thing to suggest that you actually listened to what I said to you when you made your little confession. I think you should leave now, and take your flowers with you. If you think you can put some big boy pants on and talk to me privately, you can owl me and I might agree to meeting with you, when I have the time. I hope your sister is well. The lifts are just there to your left, they'll take you back to the atrium and you apparently know your way from there."

She deliberately stepped back, away from him. It was a dismissal.

love is like a letter wrote :: and life is like an envelope
be careful who you give it to :: they might not give it back to you