View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 04:27 AM   #69 (permalink)
Hey Ju

DMAC & DMLE
Bicorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Scarlett Mordaunt
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brenna Kavanaugh
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sophie Mordaunt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement

x8 x4
Arts TRANSPONSTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakemetotheBurrow View Post
He seemed nervous, that was fairly obvious to Ashley as she watched the man rub his palms on his knees. Though could she blame him really? He was starting a new job and all that. Nerve-racking stuff. She did her best to give him a small reassuring smile. People were friendly in this department so he needn't worry.

His surprise kind of caught her off guard. Had he expected her to do something different? Not that he knew her really so why would he have an ideas about what her profession might be. She raised her own eyebrows in return and- O_O Potion Identification What Now? Really? Like reallyyyy? What were the chances of this man working with her in her division? "You're serious? Wow. That's just-wow." Because yes, they would be working together.

At his next question, the blonde smiled and nodded. "Well I could take you back to the Division Two desk area. I'm assuming that's where your desk will be located. Or I could take you to Althea Schirmer's office though I've heard our new department head likes people to make appointments ahead of time." So the choice was his but Ashley would happily take him where he wanted to go.
The woman was staring at him again. Not good. Not good at all. She could be trying to read his mind again. Derek wasn't looking at her, but he could see that she was smiling. People probably didn't read other people's minds while smiling... he was fine for now then. Phew. He did get a bit more nervous though and scratched one of his hands. It wasn't itchy, but he did it anyway.

Yeah... wow! He would be working with a mind reader! After all of his hard work to keep everything for himself, his ideas and researches, someone could just get into his mindnow and steal it all! Maybe he'd better start practicing Occlumency. It did sound so very useful! He gave a quick nod and stared at the floor.

But... she haaad handed him the magazine. She might just be a good person still. Even if she read minds. He would be nice to her, too, but not too much. It was only the second time they met anyway. He finally looked up at her as she spoke about where to take him. "But what if I'm not to work there?" What if she accidentally took him to the wrong place? That wouldn't be good. He had no idea if their Head of Deparment was a freak that liked to shout at everyone. She did sound like a normal person during his interview, but still... you never know. And she asks to make appointments ahead of time? "I thought she was the one who was supposed to show where I should be working." That meant he didn't need an appointment. Maybe if they just went where Ashley was indicating - that desks area - he could look for a desk with his nameplate on it? Assuming the desks did have nameplates, that is.

Merlin, why was all of this so complicated??? He just wanted to start working! ALONE!