View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 10:54 AM   #20 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

SPOILER!!: responses <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
You've got great writing skills that evoke emotions...like for realz.

So...I took precautions before reading this and went to my room. After I read it I was a crying mess AND still got caught.

Awesome writing! I wanna hug Kurumi, but I read somewhere that her boyfriend doesn't like it...so yeah. *wibble*
Thank you *wibbles* as horrible as it comes off, I am really flattered that you say that about my writing *wibbles more*

I hope whoever it was that caught you didn't look at you too strangely I actually wrote part of that post while I was at work and started to almost cry at my desk. It was awkward.

WE LIKE HUGS THOUGH

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanficfanatict View Post
Dear Katherine,
You are a terrible human being how could you do that to Kurumi? Wahhhhhhh :'(
Dear Taylor,
You are an amazing human being that needs to stop being so judgmental of me and my amazingness Remember, you played along with this from the start
Quote:
Originally Posted by nups21 View Post
*sobs*

You just made me cry!!

This is so sad!! It all appears so real!!
*wibbles more*
Quote:
Originally Posted by alchemist_18 View Post
Her mom DIED?

Poor her I really want to hug Kurumi right now. My deepest condolence to her
Yeah.... I've had this story line in my head from the moment that I created Kurumi, but was just never sure if I would actually be able to write it out and make it real
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lislchen View Post
I just cried.

For real. It's just so sad.

You're amazing. <3
*loves all over your face again*

Chapter Four
"That is not nearly good enough. You stumbled over the bridge, your fingers were too stiff, and your posture was horrible."

"But mother...no one is perfect on a first try..."

"I have expectations for you, high ones, and you will meet them."

Emptiness.

That was the way in which the world was perceived to Kurumi in this moment. There was no feeling. No sound. No nothing. It was as if someone had literally turned the world off. Kurumi lay on the empty hospital bed in fetal position, a shell of the girl she once was, clinging on to the last bit of warmth there that had belonged to her mother.

It had all happened so fast. So fast.

Face void of any emotion, Kurumi hardly registered someone entering the room again. Several doctors had been through to remove charts and take her mother's name off the bed, but none of them had disturbed Kurumi as the lay there. None of them had the heart to. Kurumi scrunched up into a tighter ball on the bed as the warmth faded more, almost to the point of being nonexistent. Kurumi's hands gripped the sheets, tears streaming down her face again. It couldn't go... Once the warmth was gone that would mean that she...that she really was...

"Princess?"

Kurumi whimpered and her body tensed when she felt strong hands on her back and her head slowly turned to see her father leaning over her. His usual mint green eyes were now a foggy blue, something that only Kurumi could really understand meant. "Princess, we...we need to..."

"NO!" Kurumi shouted, rolling away from her father and on to her stomach. "NO!"

Charles winced. Seeing his daughter, his entire family, in such deep sorrow was unbearable. He had somehow managed to keep a strong persona in front of his sons, but the three of them had been trying to do the same. His hand reached out for Kurumi's again, only to recoil when he saw just how much her body was trembling, shaking, in pain. It broke his heart and his chest heaved and lurched forward. "Princess, please..." But please what? Charles, for perhaps the first time in his life, had no idea what to tell his daughter. Words had always come easy whenever she was involved, but now he literally found that everything he wanted to say was catching in his throat.

Somehow, he found the strength to reach out for her again and he sat down on the bed beside her, pulling her frail body towards him with his own trembling arms. Kurumi didn't resist and when she was close enough to her father she rolled onto her other side and rested her head on his lap, sobbing into his jeans.

"Why....why....why is she gone? Why did the disease pick her?"

Her questions shattered Charles and he reached down now to pull his daughter up and hugged her against his chest. Kurumi reacted to this by clutching his shirt and wailing into his chest. Again, Charles didn't know what to say. Even if he did, he wasn't sure that he would be able to as the lump in his throat had grown tenfold now and his own eyes were beginning to water. Instead, he held her closer and began to stroke her black hair. "I don't know, princess, I don't know." He leaned down and kissed her head, his own cheeks now stained, and he exhaled heavily. "I do know that she loved you very much. That she was proud to be your mother."

Kurumi wailed again into her father's chest. Had he said this to her a few days ago, she may not have believed him. Her and her mother had never been close. Kurumi never felt as though anything she ever did was good enough. Nothing had ever made her mother proud. She new differently now and the Gryffindor was now burdened with sixteen years of regret.

Charles, feeling his daughter trembling more fiercely in his arms, held her even tighter with his one arm while his other reached for the journal that was still sitting on the bedside table. If nothing else, this was proof that Yukie, his wife, had lived out her remaining days thinking of nothing else but her family and of love. A single page fell out of it and landed in his lap. Shifting his position just a little so he could pick it up without disturbing Kurumi, his eyes read over the text.
I may not always be with them physically but I hope they always bear in their minds that I always think what is best for them. If I were die and live again, I would ask to have the same life I had in this one.
Charles couldn't read anymore, not that he didn't want to, but because his vision was not impaired by his own tears. Holding his daughter even more tightly against him, he rocked the two of them, tears streaming down both their faces. Both of them feeling like they had just lost a piece of themselves. A piece that could never, ever, be replace.

Not that it ever should be.

All they could do now, all of them, was do as she had requested in her last moments. To live.

To those of you who have lost a loved one or no someone who has, my condolences to you. I myself have not had to endure such a hardship yet, although I did come close with my own mother this last year. I dedicate this story too all of you and hope that you all live life to the fullest and tell those around you just how important they are to you.

I know this story is short, being only four chapters, but there is a reason for this. In Japanese, the pronunciation for 4 is shi, which is also the same pronunciation for the kanji meaning death (死). Considering this, it just seemed right that things end here.

Again, thank you all for reading and I hope you all remember to live.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes

Last edited by sweetpinkpixie; 04-19-2012 at 11:03 AM.