View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 04:22 PM   #202 (permalink)
Ladybug

Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Enya Mayberry
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bradley "Brad" Wills.
Accidents & Catastrophes
Workaholic || HOGwart | iloveyou. || SnowQueenEviee.

My heart beat fast against my chest, I felt that at any moment it would somehow break through. I could feel my palms sweating like mad and quickly whiped them against my trouser legs hoping no one would notice but to make sure I looked left and right at the other contestants and noted their fear and confusion. Some where better at masking it than others, breathing, my eyes fell on Neville as a distant boom of a bell sounded. Jerking slightly I looked all around me for the source of the noise, surely that couldn't be the start sound? I asked myself quickly looking at everyone else. Frozen, but it was and the scene of Neville tearing towards a cup in the middle brought me to my senses. I tore after him, Ginny a few seconds ahead, I tried my hardest to catch up to her. I didn't know where anyone else were, whether beside of behind I really didn't know nore stopped to check.

I felt my hand touch a small part of the goblet and I held on for dear life, if this was going to be a fight for the goblet then I wasn't going to lose. I had stuff to prove. Taking a deep breath I got ready to whip out my wand but before I did the world around me turned upside down, my stomach felt like it had dropped from under me. I looked around me at everyone else to see if they too were feeling the same thing. They all had strained looks on their faces as the portkey took them further and further away from Hogwarts. Then suddenly it stopped and I was thrown to the ground in a heap, everyone landed on the harsh ground around me. The goblet bounced away from us and landed not far from where we lay. I couldn't help but let out a low moan as I tried to gather myself against the ground. That hurt, but i couldn't lay on the ground forever I needed to get out of there. Who knew what was out there ready to get them? So I pulled myself from the ground, every part of my body screaming and took off into the forest but not before I noticed that I wasn't the only one still lying onthe ground. Before long the forest swollowed me in an instant.

I had no idea where I was going or what I was to do. Was there something I was to look for? I stopped a moment to catch my breath and take in my surroundings, that's when I heard it. The rwar came from the left of where I stood and I jumped. For a moment I paused then pulled out my wand and ran in the direction of the noise. It didn't take me long until I was running into the clearing - at about the same time as George and Draco - and again froze. For in front of us stood a large creature, a Chimera. Neville and Ginny were already there each shooting their own spells at it. I took their example and shot my own spell but was repaid with a ball of fire shot my way. I had a second in which I screamed and threw myself face first against the hard ground. Was I to spend most of this task on the ground? I asked angerly standing up again just as I heard Neville shout;

“WE – NEED – SOMEONE – TO – DISTRACT – IT - WHILE – OTHER'S – GET – TO – THE – MONSTER!”

I continued to shoot my own spells at the creature, paying half of my attention to what George said. I couldn't help but smile at his response, yes why not let Draco stay? He would do exactully the same to anyone of us, but I didn't speak up. They seemed to have it covered, Malfoy's reaction was predicted though.

“I'LL STAY!” I heard Ginny shout at I paused to take a breath, all this wand hexing was seriously tiring me out, “GO...Now.” Ginny added sending another hex forward. Everyone around me paused a moment, the Chimera sending a ball of fire from it's mouth, this time no where near them, before they all took off towards the creature. Me bringing up the rear, Ginny fired her last hex before I touched a small part of the Chimera's body and the world turned upside down once more but this time it was different. It ended in a second and she found herself facing a clapping ground and smiling judges. What more Ginny was there, what? It was all a joke? But what was the point in that? I asked myself as Professor McGonagall started to call people forward to give their marks but I hardly heard what she had to say, I was more concerned about the crowds around them.

"Lavender" The professor said which brought me back to earth, I stepped forward. "While you showed that you are able to take order's and take other people's examples. You lack the means to think for yourself, had this not been a straight forward task you would still be lost in that wood, for that I award you 6 points" The professor waved the number 6 for the crowd to see, she also got 6's from the other two judges that followed. Well at least she did better than Pavarti she though as she stepped back.

Soon it was all over and they were free to go, good she was tired and just wanted to sleep, but that wouldn't be allowed. Celebrations were in order. "Well done Lavender" A voice behind me said, I turned to see Ron giving me a small smile. I felt nothing however, "Thank you Ron" I replied simply and walked away.

___________________Look Who's Back.
Beware.

Last edited by Ladybug; 04-07-2012 at 12:22 PM.