View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 12:02 AM

Post First official promo & on-set interview with Daniel Radcliffe from Kill Your Darlings

People magazine released the first official movie still and interview from Daniel Radcliffe's new thriller, Kill Your Darlings, in which he plays a young Allen Ginsberg. Dan talked about why he took on the role, how much he loves his new curly look, his first on-screen love scenes with another male costar, and how much he's read up on Ginsberg's literature for the role; those can be found below. If anyone can send a clearer scan of the short feature from People, please let us know.

Quote:
On set with Daniel Radcliffe

Fresh of the hit thriller The Woman in Black, Radcliffe, 22, is taking on a counterculture icon. He’s playing beat poet Allen Ginsberg in Kill Your Darlings, now filming in New York City. The film explores the relationship between young literary starts-to-be Ginsberg, Jack Kerouac and William S. Burroughs and the circumstances surrounding the 1944 murder of an associate.

Are you a Ginsberg fan?
Daniel Radcliffe:
The more I learned, the more I liked him. There’s unbelievable sweetness and compassion between him and Burroughs and Kerouac. His work was like an explosion.

Are you a poet yourself?
Daniel Radcliffe:
I write sonnets, couplets and things like that. The poetry I write is pretty structured and rhyming, but I’d like to think it’s honest and interesting.

Ginsberg did a lot of LSD. Were you tempted?
Daniel Radcliffe:
LSD would not do well for me. I’ve talked to a lot of people who’ve done a lot of LSD – and I know I would have a terrible time. I’m not tempted.

Ginsberg was gay. How are the love scenes?
Daniel Radcliffe:
There was no discomfort. There have been moments when Dane [DeHaan], the object of my affection in the film, and I did start giggling.

How will Harry Potter fans react to this movie?
Daniel Radcliffe:
Well, they were comfortable with Equus, and that had me simulating sex on the back of a horse, so this is a walk in the park.

Dan and his Kill Your Darlings costars are currently filming in Manhattan's west side, this week; photos from Tuesday at around 44th Street and 9th Avenue in New York City can be seen, courtesy of CitizeSide, below. The film is scheduled for a 2013 release.