Thread: Adventure: Finding Voldemort - Sa13+
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 10:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Gabrielle
Hufflepuff
Firecrab

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Glenn Reyes
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chase Gallacher
Environmental Protection
Default Finding Voldemort - Sa13+

Banner made by sweetpinkpixie!

My name is Beth, and this is my first proper fan-fiction that I have written. So be nice!
The universe in which I am writing my story, and all canon characters are strictly the creation of J.K. Rowling.

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5

Chapter 1

Quirinus ran. He ran as he had never run before, even after he lost his breath and couldn’t seem to go on, he found another spurt of energy and starting running again. As it happens when you are scared, every noise is magnified and morphed to become even more frightening than it would have been in normal daylight or in the company of a friend. Quirinus didn’t have either of those. He was just a young adult fresh out of Hogwarts, it was night time, with no friends, no wand, in a forest, on a mission and, he was being chased by a vampire.

He jumped over a log and felt his foot slip on a root; he tumbled to the leaf strewn ground, cursing over and over under his breath. It would have been more sensible to stay down and not make a sound, but Quirinus stood up and made his way to the nearest tree. It was a large oak, with peeling bark and thick branches. He climbed up the branches, the feat was made only harder given the fact that he had managed to twist his ankle when he fell, and his neck was throbbing from where the vampire had bit him.

As he reached one of the upmost branches, he collapsed against the trunk and drew his arms around himself. He was shaking. Not the “Man, rock climbing was so scary that I am shaking” kind, the “Oh Merlin, I am going to die.” kind. The vampire had taken his wand before it had bitten him. He hated himself for not realising it.

The vampire was pretty, if a little intimidating. She had dark, straight hair that fell into her eyes and a shallow look about her. She had courted him, casting some sort of enchantment over him; it was a smell much like that of Amortentia. Of course, no girls had ever used love potion on him, he had only smelt it in Potions class.

It was like he had been intoxicated; then again, the smell might have done that to him. Before he had time to come to his senses the vampire lady had bitten into his neck and filled his body with venom.

He had gotten a sudden surge of energy and had hit her in the face and taken her by surprise before running away, he had been running for hours until he found this tree. The venom wasn’t fatal, but would cause him to quickly lose all feeling in his body, so that he could not move or feel yet his brain and heat would still be intact. Vampires liked their blood warm and fresh, see? Of course, he would not be intact if the female vampire found him and devoured him for supper.

Quirinus forced himself to open his eyes, which he hadn’t even realised he had shut in the first place. His eyelids felt droopy and heavy, he forced himself to keep them open while he shifted his weight on the branch so that it would be safe to peer down from his branch to see if the vampire was still there.

He took a sharp intake of breath. She stood at the base of his tree sniffing around like a dog, suddenly; she looked up right into Quirinus’s eyes. He scrambled to hide, instead, he felt himself slipping- falling onto the neck branch with a whack. Except, his senses felt dulled, he saw as he hit the branch, how his arm stuck out funny and the final thump as he hit the ground, but he didn’t really feel it.

It was as if he was in a dream and he would wake up at any second, but this was no dream. The female vampire crouched down next to Quirinus and lifted his chin was that his eyes would meet hers, “Well you’re not the best looking fella I’ve ever eaten,” She said in a rasping voice, “But you’ll do, and, if I must say, you seem pretty smart. There’s a rumour that drinking the blood of someone smart will increase your own intelligence. What do you say we try it out?” She laughed a horrible laugh and leant forwards again. He couldn’t defend himself, his arms felt too heavy to lift but he managed to say one thing, “Get your stinking hands off me.” The vampire looked amused and ignored his comment.

A strange noise rung out, even in his drugged state he could tell that it wasn’t something natural to the forest. The vampire could obviously sense it too and looked away from himself in search of the noise. There was a rustle in the trees and the vampire fell to the ground before disintegrating into ash. “Thank Merlin for silver bullets, aye kid?” A gruff voice said, but before Quirinus could make sense of who had just saved his life, his eyelids grew far too heavy and he blacked-out.

Last edited by Gabrielle; 05-23-2012 at 08:41 AM.