View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 11:47 PM

quill Meet an Author: LoonyLupin99

Hey! If you've been to my home page on here, then some of this will look the same. My name's Breanna. I'm 20 years old, born and raised in Michigan, USA. I'm a third-year English major who hopes to maybe be an author or librarian (preferably the first one! ). In 1999 or 2000, I just decided to start reading the books, but I accidentally started with Prisoner of Azkaban. Oops. Luckily, my dad corrected me before I read too far. That might have been before my sister got the first book on tape. I don't remember, but I know that I was 8 years old. So, Harry's always been part of my life. My top 5 characters are Luna, Hermione, Lupin, Neville and those hilarious twins, Fred & George. Writing fanfiction is a great way to have fun and sharpen my writing skills. I also love music (listening or performing) and theatre. I can relate to Lupin and Luna the most, which is why I honored them in my pen name. My favorite couple by far is Remus & Tonks, although Tonks' parents have really grown on me, since I've been writing their story. Favorite couple that never happened? Neville and Luna! You'll notice pretty quickly that the music I love inspires me in every way, whether it's chapter names or a sample of lyrics that go perfectly with the story I'm also really inspired by the books I read.

Besides Harry Potter, my favorite books (in no particular order) are:

Dracula, The Chronicles of Narnia, Frankenstein, The Hunger Games trilogy, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, Lord Of The Flies, Incarceron & Sapphique (both by Catherine Fisher), The Twilight Saga, The Picture Of Dorian Gray, The Shiver trilogy (by Maggie Stiefvater), The Great Gatsby, The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series (by Michael Scott), The Chronicles of Nick (by Sherrilyn Kenyon), Crime and Punishment, Peeps, The Last Days, The Uglies series, The Leviathan trilogy (the last 4 are all by Scott Westerfeld), and The Gone series by Michael Grant.

My fanfics (whoa, how did there get to be so many?!?!?!) are:

The Life and Times of Remus Lupin (status: finished)

-All about our favorite werewolf, from his first transformation, to his days at Hogwarts, to life before Tonks.

Shaded With Patience (status: finished)

-Tonks will learn that when the love of your life is crippled by insecurity, you have to be shaded with patience. The biggest moments between her and Lupin.

Confessions of a Death Eater (status: finished)

-Ever wonder how Bellatrix Lestrange became such wicked witch? What does she have to say about her most infamous crimes? And most importantly... does she regret anything? She left behind a letter that tells all.

The Azkaban Diaries (status: unfinished)

-When Sirius was in Azkaban, he kept a journal, and it was just found at his old home.

From Opposite Sides (status: unfinished)

-Ted was a Muggle-born. Andromeda was a pure-blood from one of the greatest Wizarding families in history. Until she married him. We know them as the parents of Nymphadora Tonks. This is their story. (And just wait until you find out who’s telling it!)

The Hunter and the Hunted (status: unfinished)

-Tonks said she didn't care that Remus Lupin was a werewolf. And he finally surrendered to her. So what happens when she sees him as a wolf for the first time? It'll lead to a real turning point in both of their lives.

Thank you so much for letting me share my writing on here!