View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 04:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
narnia_potter
Hufflepuff
Imp

Default Memories - Sa 13+
I'll be defying gravity April 29th!!!

Hello, everyone! This is my... 2nd ff? Yeah, 2nd. My first one is currently being written. It is called The Wedding. I also have a Christmas story up on booksie.com called My Child: My Story. Check them out if you want.
Disclaimer: This whole world and characters belongs to J.K. Rowling.
Ok, this one, as you can tell, is called Memories. It is a one-shot. I got my inspiration reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows this past weekend when I was sick. And I got to the part where Voldie is about to kill Snape. And so I started to wonder what if Snape was actually allowed to go find Harry. So I wrote about the "what if". Hope you guys like it and tell me what you think!

Memories

“But Potter hates you. You won’t be able to get near him,” said the high, cold, unfeeling voice standing opposite of me.

“Yes, my lord. But I know his weaknesses. I know how to bring him in. Six years of teaching him was not a waste. I can bring the boy to you. Let me.” The Dark Lord paused and considered.

“Alright, Severus. Bring him to me. What I must demand of you can be done later. Go, Severus.”

I walked out of the Shrieking Shack calmly. As soon as I hit the edge of the forest, I took a deep breath and apparated—praying Harry would listen to me. I apparated to the edge of the Hogwarts grounds and made my way through the throngs of battle. People were fighting right and left. I cast a disillusionment charm on myself so I could protect my students without either side knowing who I was. Flashes of light were flying everywhere and fires burned, lighting the castle. I made my way through the courtyard and into the castle searching for Harry Potter. I had something to give him. He had to know everything.

I ran. I shot spells at fellow Death Eaters and protected the students I swore to protect with my life. I could not see Potter anywhere. I searched and searched. I wouldn’t give up until I found him. Finally, at the end of the corridor I was in, I saw the brown plait and the fiery mop of hair of Potter’s two best friends and accomplices, Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley; I knew Potter must be nearby. I raced toward Granger and Weasley. Then I spotted him; I spotted Harry Potter.

He was running towards his two best friends and I was in between him and them. Granger and Weasley were dueling too hard and their backs were toward Potter so they would never notice if I took my chance to grab Potter. So I did. I grabbed Harry, silenced him, and dragged him down a nearby corridor. I made myself visible again and I saw the hatred in his eyes and I understood why the hatred was present. He did not yet know the truth. I took off the silencing spell.

“WHO THE HECK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!?!?” I knew he was going to yell at me. “I know you were sent to capture me. I saw it! But I’m not going down without a fight!!”

“It was never my intention to take you to him, Potter.” I saw the astonishment flit across his face.

“Then what is your intention?”

“I came to tell you the truth, Harry.” Again, surprise flashed across his features but this time it was because I used his first name. I drew a flask from my pocket and put my wand to my temple and began to draw out memories: memories that would explain everything. But to do that, those memories had to start at the beginning. He needed to see everything before he could understand anything.

“Take these memories—my memories—to Dumbledore’s office. Take them to the Pensieve and watch them. Watch everything before you do anything. Try not to hate me any more than you already do. Go straight there. No detours.” I could see him relax slightly when I referred to the office as Dumbledore’s rather than mine. But his guard was still up and I understood why. He turned to leave but I grabbed hold of his arm. I had one favor to ask of him.

“Look at me, Harry.” He looked straight into my eyes and I saw the same eyes of the woman I had long ago fallen in love with. Now they were her sons’ eyes. But to me they would always be Lilly’s.

“You have Lily’s eyes . . . Now go!”

Fin

Last edited by narnia_potter; 12-18-2011 at 04:37 AM.