View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 09:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
XenoLongbottom
Ravenclaw
Jarvey

Ministry RPG Name:
Tabitha Mason
International Cooperation

Hey! Sorry it's so short! They'll be more soon!

Chapter 2

He walked into our house without even waiting for an answer. He then pulled out a stick and flicked it, and all of a sudden, a very cushy chair appeared by the fireplace.

Both Dad and I gasped in surprise. My dad began to stammer, “Sir… what…what is the mean…meaning of this?” My dad tried to sound angry, but he was seriously failing.

“I’m so sorry to intrude, but I must talk to your son about his letter,” said the small human.

I looked at him curiously. “What’s there to discuss? I got some prank mail, big deal!”

“It’s more than prank mail, Mr. Gardner. Do you know what race your mother was?”

I stared at him. Why would he ask me what my mother’s race was? “She was human,” I stated. “Or, at least, that’s what Dad’s always told me.”

“Well, Mr. Gardner, there’s’ more to the story than that. Your mother was a witch, so that makes you a wizard.” As soon as he said the word, “wizard”, I immediately thought of Gandalf the White; the greatest and wisest wizard to walk on the Earth! The thought of me being equal to Gandalf himself gave me chills, and I was full ready to believe it. Then I caught myself and said, “What are you talking about?”

The small human then turned to my father, and asked, “Did your wife ever do anything strange ever? Anything peculiar?”

I turned to my dad. He was scratching the back of his neck, not truly sure what to say. Finally, after a long wait he said, “Well, she did seem to clean up pretty fast after meals, and she was very good at knitting, even though I had never had seen her knitting. I’d only see the products. Don’t know if that’s anything.”

“Actually, it does contribute; a lot,” answered the small man. “She probably pulled out her wand when you weren’t looking. And, Mr. Gardner, or should I call you by your first name?” He was now addressing me.

“You can call me Bandy, sir.”

“Then Bandy, since we’re going through names, I’m Professor Flitwick. So, have you done anything strange?” said the short man I would refer to as Professor Flitwick.

My immediate thought went to the time I accidentally hoisted Rosie into the air when she had lost our soccer ball (which Hobbits were very good at with our big feet).

Then when Dad had burnt the supper over the fireplace, I had just picked up the lid of the pot, and the chicken was a beautiful golden brown. I usually tried to shake these things off, but they always happened.

Finally, I nodded to Professor Flitwick’s question, and he smiled. “That was magic you were doing my dear boy, and now you’re going off to Hogwarts.” He then patted me on the back and then said to my father, “Now Mr. Gardner, I’d be wiling to take the boy to get his school supplies, and you are welcomed to come along.”

I looked at my father with such a bright smile on my face, that he began to smile as well. “I’ll come,” he told us. “Man, I haven’t been out of these mountains for twenty-five years!”