Thread: HoM: Lesson One
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 10:58 PM   #151 (permalink)
Kaos.Doodles
Dark Force Defense League

SS Featured Author
Clabbert

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Takeru Asakura
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Legend Chosen
Magical Law Enforcement

x5 x7
★ BabyQuad ★ PERRY THE PLATYPUS ★ Ern's Fave ★ dangerous with brooms ★

As the students began raising their hands (and some shouting out) answers, Everett walked over to the board and tapped his wand against the chalkboard. Each time a new answer was called out it appeared neatly written in a list, some even with little side comments that were crossed out right after

-Merlin
-The Founding of Hogwarts
-Salazar Slytherin
-The creation of the Statute of Secrecy
-Bowman Wright
-Wolfsbane Potion
-Albus Dumbledore
-The creation of the first wand
-The Grey Lady
-Harry Potter
-Godric Gryffindor
-The discovering of the Philosopher's Stone
-Goblin rebellions so boring
-Gertie Keddle
-Harry Potter defeating Lord Voldemort
-The First Wizarding War
-Regulus Arcturus Black
-The founding of the Ministry of Magic
-Voldemort
-The meanings of the ancient runes boring
-The Wizard's Council
-The creation of the Order of the Phoenix
-The end of Grindelwald's reign
-Gwenog Jones
-Rowena Ravenclaw
-Severus Snape
-The Triwizard Tournament
-The death of The Dark Lord
-Andros the Invincible
-House elf rights hippie
-Dobby the house elf
-Invention of Horcruxes
-The first Quidditch match
-Elizabeth I muggle history?
-Ollivander
-Peter Pettigrew
-The establishment of the International Statute of Wizarding Secrecy
-The Deathly Hollows
-Helga Hufflepuff
-Gellert Grindlewald
-Oswald Beamish
-Bathilda Bagshot
-Hermione Granger
-When the Chamber of Secrets was opened
-The Establishment of Gringott's the Wizarding Bank
-Sybil Trelawney
-The opening of Wizarding schools (Durmstrang, Beauxbaton, and Hogwarts)
-Nicholas Flamel
-The mass breakout from Azkaban in the 1990
-The Salem witch trials
-Kingsley Shacklebolt
-Minerva McGonagall
-Nicholas Flamel
-Elladora Ketteridge
-The Death of Sirius Black
-The Battle at Hogwarts
-Quidditch League Formation
-Order of the Phoenix
-Gringotts Break In not much is known about this
-Ronald Weasley

"Alright, so up on the board-" He pointed behind him. "I have written out all the answers you have given me. Except one that Mr. Bennett has given me. But that doesn't deserve to be put on the board. Instead that will result in two more points off Slytherin house." If the Slytherin's wanted to be cheeky they could be. He would just keep taking more and more points away. "And not the one that Mr. Broadmoor gave. Because Gandalf is a fictional character." He eyed the boy. Not sure if he was trying to cause trouble or not.

"So, good job to everyone who answered." He looked at the board. A lot of people actually did answer. "And excellent job to Miss Stone, Miss Greenwell, Miss Wilson, Miss Odessa, Mr. Goldstein, Miss Fanster, Mr. Fitzgerald, and Miss Ashwin. I've made their answers more noticeable." He pointed to the board. If they wanted to write this down they were free too. Could probably help them. "Now you might wonder, what makes their answers different than most of these ones. Theres not that much of a difference. But I want you all to look at the board again. Notice, may of the events there are ones that most people in the wizarding world know of. Many of the people, are people who some of you have heard about since you could talk. There is Voldemort. Clearly one of the biggest dark wizards of all time. Yet so was say Herpo the Foul but I do not see his name up there. Merlin was mentioned, but not Merwyn the Malucious who is just as great.Harry Potter? That's nice. I rather see Norvel Twonk. And the great Albus Dumbledore. Fantastic headmaster. But so was Ambrose Swott. And of course everyone knows the history of the second Wizarding War. But does anyone know the history of the house elves working in the kitchens?" Everett paused. Trying to allow the students to soak everything in. Hopefully they weren't already lost.

"Chances are, many of the people I have mentioned, none of you have heard of. Which is a bad thing. When learning history we need to look beyond even 70 or 80 years ago, because the events that took place 70 or 80 years ago are repeats of things that happened centuries ago. The great wizards of 70 or 80 years ago model their success from learning from the ancient wizards that were great or even the every day ones, so we need to look even further back and sometimes we even need to look at the smaller people. Everett cleared his throat. Did everyone understand? He wouldn't ask. It was common sense. "On top of that, you lot have said a lot of big events and big names. Things don't have to be big to make an impact or be important in history."

"So today we will look at something pretty ordinary. But really they date back centuries ago and are important to Wizard History and Culture. And that is Wizard expressions or sayings." He looked around the class. Were people lost? "In your own words give me the definition or...point, of an expression or saying. Don't give any examples. I don't need any at the moment"

EDIT: No examples please!!! should have said this before

{act like you know me, but you never will}__{but there's one thing that I know for sure}

{i'll show you}

Last edited by Kissing.Doves; 09-16-2011 at 11:10 PM.