Thread: Speculation & Theory: Snape, Harry a slytherin
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 11:31 PM   #56 (permalink)
Furienna
Hufflepuff
Streeler

But just look at Tom Riddle and Severus Snape, who also had bad childhoods, except they both ended up in Slytherin instead of Gryffindor. Tom Riddle of course became Lord Voldemort, and Snape not only became a Death Eater, but also the worst teacher at the whole school (well, at least until Umbridge came along). The sorting hat sees what's inside you, what lies even deeper than whether or not you were neglected and/or abused as a child. And thus, Harry became a Gryffindor and the other two became Slytherins.

I also still have doubts, that a Slytherin would have saved Ginny. Except maybe if it was another case of the Severus/Lily situation, that a Slytherin boy was unhappily in love with a Gryffindor girl. But even then, I don't see the Slytherins as the heroic type. That's what the Gryffindor house stands for. And I also still must say, that other than Horace Slughorn, who except for a slight pure-blood bias seemed to be a good enough guy, the Slytherin house seems to consist of nothing but creeps. Of course, we didn't get to see every Slytherin to ever attend Hogwarts since the school was founded. But we sure got to see a pattern...
Furienna is offline   Reply With Quote