View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 07:24 PM   #94 (permalink)
Wonderstruck
Gryffindor

SS Featured Writer
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jeremy Bradford
Fifth Year
"It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Soul View Post
Challenge you to step outside your comfort zone? Louisa frowned slightly at this. That wasn't what Dallin does for her! No way! "He doesn't challenge me. He likes to hang out with me and we used to have a lot of fun together," she couldn't help the childish tone that slipped out unintentionally, "He taught me how to slide with socks," She smiled at the memory. It was then when this uncomfy feeling in her chest started, at the whomping willow- when he held her hand, fixed her hair and caught her as they both slid down the little slope, "And he let me swim with him at the lake," That had been a blast to her, too. He must've done all that because he liked being around her.. right? And he must've had this level of care that nobody had in his heart... RIGHT?

With a sigh, she leaned her head on one of her hands, "We used to do that, anyways. He didn't have a girlfriend back then. But now.." She pouted, "I don't see him. I don't call him. And he doesn't either. He's too busy with her," Again with the disgusting feeling when the last word was out. What made things worse was that this 'her' was one of her friends. Good friends, too! Things couldn't get any more inconvenient for herself.

Still leaning her head on her hand while her elbow rested at the table, she gave Adam a slight smile, "Sure. Not busy at all," In fact, she'd be more than willing to keep herself busy. That summary about Dallin had lots to add to and Louisa had been talking about that all summer up till now, she might as well use some rest.
Adam could tell almost instantaneously that he had said the wrong thing...or at least worded what he was trying to say incorrectly. He looked at Louisa closely as she continued on about Dallin and the different experiences that she had had with him. "I wasn't trying ti imply that he doesn't enjoy hanging out with you, because I'm sure he does," Adam said, apology seeping through his whole demeanor. "I was just saying, or at least trying to say, that it's nice that you are comfortable enough with him that you are willing to do things you might not have tried on your own." Adam hoped that that cleared things up but if not he was going to just stop talking in general. Worst come to worst, if you can't say the right thing then don't say anything at all!

Adam kept his eyes on the soda can in front of him as he listened to Louisa explain how Dallin and her no longer hung out, and how his girlfriend also happened to be her good friend. Adam couldn't help but look up at her when she said that. "Did she know that you liked Dallin like that when she started dating him?" Adam asked. He certainly hoped that she didn't know, because if she had then that was just wrong. Of course Adam wasn't sure how a friend of hers wouldn't know considering Adam had only known her for a little while and he could already tell that she loved Dallin, even if she didn't come right out and say it in those exact words. It was on the tip of his tongue to ask her if she would consider just explaining how she felt to Dallin and how important he was to her, but he held the desire back. It was really none of his business, and obviously if Louisa wanted to, she would have told him already.

Adam was quiet for a couple of moments after Louisa agreed to go school supply shopping. "I'm sorry that this situation with Dallin is so...difficult," Adam concluded lamely, not even sure if that was a good enough word to describe the situation.

If you're gonna be the death of me, that's how I wanna go