View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 10:29 PM   #69 (permalink)
Magical Soul
Ministry

DERP & DoM
Kappa

Mysteries
x6
Dalliesa | Ab-Bot | Hogwarts Trojan War |

Text Cut: Adam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeAllie18 View Post

[b]"Ultimately I would like to work to the Ministry once I graduate from Hogwarts...probably in the Auror Department. I imagine it'll just be difficult to try and explain to his parents why it was that he wasn't going to attend college at all. Of course, this fact wasn't to be mistaken as a sign of them carrying, but more as a potential dent in their reputation. After all they were the kind of people that would have a son that went to Harvard, and anything else was simply unacceptable. "Do you have a particular department in the Ministry that you'd like to work in?"

Adam listened as Louisa explained more about the situation with her dad, munching on his burger and taking sips of his soda as she did so. He was definitely starting to feel more energetic now that some food was getting in his stomach. "Well I'm sorry the whole letter thing didn't work out," Adam said with a little frown. "Perhaps this is heartless to say, but an advantage to never having met the man is that you can make him be whatever you want him to be, you know? Like a traveling wizard finding out information about magic's history or something like that," Adam suggested, waving his hand through out slightly to imply the grandness of the possibilities. "I don't know...that's at least how I'd try to look at it to make it seem a little less...depressing."

So Louisa wasn't a fan of Quidditch, huh? "I have to say I am more a fan of playing it than watching it. Depending on the quality of the game and the players in it, the games can either be really exciting to watch or really boring." Not to say that Adam was an exceptional player or that his games were worth watching, but he didn't think that was true in either case. Adam just tried his hardest and hoped for the best. "Sometimes it's more fun just being apart of a team and having other people striving and wanting to accomplish the same thing that you are." Adam couldn't stop himself from chuckling slightly as Louisa explained her woes of flying. "I was pretty bad at flying myself when I first started," Adam said with a chuckle. "For me it was the whole getting over the height thing that was the problem. I am really am petrified of them," Adam said, his hands starting to get clammy at the thought of it. Luckily during the actual games
Adam could focus more on the bludgers and keeping them away from his teammates and not the fact that the people in the stands were practically little dots.

When Louisa asked him how much she owed him he gave a nonchalant wave of the hands. "Don't worry about it. It's my treat," he said with a little smile. It was Louisa's idea to come and hang out after all, so the least he could do was get their food.

A department? Louisa stopped munching on her hamburger and took a second to ponder that, "I haven't thought about that before. I don't know. My OWLs will show me where I'm good at and where I suck. And then I'll decide, I guess. Although I hear the International Coorporation is an interesting one," She didn't hear. She only read about that. Somewhere. "What about you?" She took a gulp of her coke, talk about lady-like eating and Louisa is definitely not in that. "Do you guys have a Ministry of Magic at the States too?" Dallin never seemed to answer that clearly.

She shook her head, "It's not heartless. It's logical. I think I have him in my head as the secret hero who couldn't meet me because it's too dangerous for me," She giggled, the sad eyes said it all about her false hope and she busied herself with eating and drinking as he talked about Quidditch.

When he mentioned he was afraid of heights, she choke on her choke. Quickly coughing, and her eyes watered a bit, she stared at him, "And you went with me on the Carpet Coaster? That's just... wow." She kept staring for a second before dropping her eyes before someone suggested she was swooning over him. Or something. "That's really brave. I don't think I have something with heights in particular. It's just the fact that I am flying as in I drive the broom and should balance it well and all. I don't really know. The Carpet Coaster was fun for me," She smiled and nodded.

"Thank you, I should get us some sweets after this then," Because, again, she was not going to accept this treat without returning it. Maybe not today but she had to. It was only polite to do so, and yes Louisa Carter may not be the politest girl on the planet but she could be with nice caring people. Ha!