View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 02:54 PM   #58 (permalink)
Magical Soul
Ministry

DERP & DoM
Kappa

Mysteries
x6
Dalliesa | Ab-Bot | Hogwarts Trojan War |

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeAllie18 View Post
Adam gave another shrug of his shoulders but he appreciated Louisa's sympathy. "Thanks...I assure you it sounds much worse than it actually is." Adam had never really run the idea of living on his own with anyone else, but he was glad to hear that someone else thought it was a good idea too. "I've been saving what money I can so I'll have something to start with once I graduate from wizarding school, but I don't have enough right now to move out." Adam had kind of hoped that he would have enough by his 6th year, but that just wasn't going to happen. "I guess once I move out for good will be a good indicator of how my parents feel about me."

A part of Adam just toyed with the idea of telling them while he was at school, through a letter maybe. He figured that either they'd just ignore the letter and throw it on their desk or aside somewhere and never even open it. Or they would read it, move, and never ask about him again. At the moment Adam wasn't sure what he would do if the second option came about, and that's what stopped him from writing the letter.

Adam couldn't stop his eyebrows from furrowing slightly as Louisa explained the living situation with her aunt. "Well that's just ridiculous," Adam said with a little roll of the eyes. "Women are supposed to be strong and confident, not the subdued individuals they were back in the 20s and 30s." Adam understood why some people kept their traditions, since that was all that they knew, but he didn't understand why those people tried to force those views on children growing up in a completely different kind of society where those morals and thoughts didn't make sense at all.

Adam gave Louisa a little frown when she mentioned the bit about her father. "I'm sorry that you don't know him and I'm sorry that he didn't stay around to know you. It stinks when issues between parents keep the one outside of the life of their child."
He'd been saving money? For real? Louisa didn't... expect it to be that serious. She, of course, meant it when she said it was a good idea to stay alone but it looked rather sad now that a fifteen years old was saving money to get out of his parents'. "I don't think you'll be allowed to stay home at sixteen, anyways. You should be at least seventeen," That was the law as far as she knew.

The almost fourteen years old nodded, "That's right. I wanted to tell Mrs. Brown that but she won't hear from me. She said I was too young to know stuff," Pouuut, because that was absolutely ridiculous! Louisa had read a lot of books and was considered just as mature as any seventeen years old. The girl herself was convinced of that.

She smiled, faintly, when he talked about her father. She was sorry too. Very, in fact. "I do want to see his reaction when he knows about me being a witch like him. I can't help but imagine him proud and smiling," Her smile widened at that. A man, tall, with no face was always in her head whenever she talked about a father. Jason would come and go, too, but a wizard father was definitely a GREAT one.

Right?

Shaking her head to clear it from the ideas, Louisa looked at Adam, "Sorry. I don't want to ruin the Carnival atmosphere. So, tell me.." She leaned on the table again, "Do you like Quidditch? You thinking of trying out this term?" Did they have Quidditch in the States?