View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 02:48 PM   #18 (permalink)
Connie
Gryffindor
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Janet Lynn Gordon
Fifth Year
Werecats are people too! Reader of Fan Fictions

Hello readers, thanks for coming back and I welcome all comments. I'd like to thank those who voted for my story, and I congratulate all the winners and nominees. Next Friday I will post Chapter three, 'Looking Back' I hope you enjoy this chapter.
Chapter 2

Ginny’s Harsh Confession

As the sky darkened with threatening black clouds, there was rumbling thunder in the distance. Lightening displayed a dazzling light show on the horizon as Harry heard voices coming in his direction. Harry took his eyes from the overpowering light show in the sky and turned to see Bill, Ron, Hermione, and his beloved Ginny. It was all he could do to keep from running to her, grabbing her in his arms, and never letting her go. He couldn’t believe how beautiful she was. The breeze was turning into gusts of torrid wind blowing her long hair into her face. He loved her hair and he thought back to the memory she showed him of them flying that day long ago, and her hair being a frightful mess afterward. She had said that she should cut it off, and he asked her not to. Harry smiled seeing that she still hadn’t cut it even these years he was gone. They were now close enough to hear what they were saying.

“Yes, I just finished the house. I must say it is beautiful. This guy knew exactly what he wanted, and he was very detailed in every way. I built the house itself the first year and a half after he commissioned me for the job. The rest of the project took more time. Getting it completely furnished, and setting up the gardens and the land he owns was not an easy undergoing, but I can finally say it is done. That is the reason why I wrote you all those letters Ginny. He wanted me to ask my sister to give me ideas of what flowers, herbs, vegetables and such to put in the gardens. He figured all women like pretty much the same things as long as there is beauty in them, and he was sure, “the love of his life,” as he put it, would love them. They really are very beautiful. He said he couldn’t ask her because it was all a surprise.”

They all looked at the sky as another rumble thundered in the distance. “I am beginning to wonder when they will come to claim it and move in. I’m about to loose my mind not knowing who commissioned me to do this work. I’ll tell you this though; if he hadn’t hired me when he did, well let’s just say the Goblins have been taking their sweet time rebuilding the bank. I didn’t think the break in would affect my job. They want to punish, "all humans” for the break-in and tearing up the bank. The lobby is still the only place open to people who have accounts there. They won’t allow anyone to go to the vaults. You have to tell them what you want deposited or withdrawn, and then the Goblins go to the vaults themselves. They barely have us working, and if I hadn‘t been commissioned for this contract I hate to think of what would have become of Shell Cottage and our little family.

It was a risky way of doing business because I never met the man, and he wanted his identity kept a secret. We needed the money badly and he had said that if I had to have more information, then the portrait of Professor Dumbledore could vouch for him, but he would rather I just trust him. He did send me the down payment with his blueprints, and he trusted me, so I trusted him. I had nothing to loose, and everything to gain. He paid me up front for building the house, and made monthly payments of the rest. Then about a year and a half ago, he paid me off in full. He has never once been late with his payment to me. And as I said, he actually paid me off early.”

Ginny was excited about the new neighbors. “I hope we can become good friends. I have decided to leave the Harpies and get on with my growing up. I’ve been foolish waiting for Harry all this time, and not doing anything to be a contributing member of humanity,” she said mocking him with a slight bitter sting in her voice. “I hope he’s found his purpose in life. He told me to get a life while he was gone, try out for the Harpies if I wanted to. He begged me to understand why he had to do this. I was angry and snapped off his head when he started to explain why he had to go away. He kept trying to tell me that this was the hardest thing in his life he has ever had to do. I kept interrupting him not letting him get his message across to me. He couldn’t get a word in edgewise. I asked him how he would feel if whenever he decided to come back, I had a husband and a family. I am embarrassed to say I was very mean, bitter, hateful and cold to him. He tried again to tell me how important this was, that he’d be no good to me otherwise, and that he really needed me to try and wait for him so he could find himself. I slapped his face and told him good luck with that, and that he couldn’t count on me waiting for him. Then I had the nerve to ask him to do something for me. He nodded his head without saying a word because his heartache was too great. I asked him to get the Marauders Map out every night he was gone, and think of me so he’d know what he was missing. I’ll never forget the look on his face, and the anguish in his eyes.”

Hermione inhaled sharply and put her hand to her mouth. She remembered him getting the map out when they were looking for the Horcruxes, and seeing his loneliness for her. “But you sprayed the map with that potion Dumbledore made you. You knew he would think of you. That was so cruel. Did you stop loving him when he said he was leaving?” Hermione was horrified at Ginny’s confession, and her eyes filled with tears.

“How could you do that to him Ginny? You would have him torture himself like that. He’s been tortured all his life, and don’t forget he walked into the Forrest that night for you, for all of us.” Ron was livid at Ginny for her treatment and request she made of his best mate. He looked at her again and asked, “What did he do? Did he say anything?”

“Yes, he promised me he would look at it every night and torture himself knowing that when he was able to go home he might find me married and with a family. And if that happened he would be confident in knowing who he is and what his purpose in life is, only to be a lonely man the rest of his days, because he lost me to find himself. Then, he turned and walked away without looking back.”

They all stared at her awestruck that she was so cruel. “But, just calm down everyone… Hermione, no, I did not stop loving him when he said he was leaving. I love him now, and I will always love him. I stormed into the house furious at him and hurting because of what I made him promise; knowing what it would do to him. I was crying my eyes out which made me even more angry. Then mum sat us all down and told us everything he told her, and how emotionally distraught he was. It hit me hard him leaving thinking I hated him, and thinking I wanted him to suffer over me for the decision he made.”

A gust of wind blew against them and the thunder and lightening was nearly upon them. “You know? I think the air isn’t so blistering hot anymore. It actually feels nice,” said Bill changing the subject as Hermione and Ginny wiped their faces free of tears. “I think we’re going to get a thunderstorm instead of another tease like we’ve been getting. They moved on through the gate as they saw Molly approach them.