Thread: Character: Living Life Seen Sa13+
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 02:43 AM   #15 (permalink)
LillyJames
Gryffindor
Imp

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lillian Strap
First Year

Authors note: I am going to camp! (Again...) so enjoy this!

Chapter Two:

I was at school, for real this time. Sure, there were those last two months or so last year that I attended, but that hardly counted. This time counted because I got to eat the opening feast. And it was heaven. Though I was at a complete opposite table as Scorpius, I hardly noticed it between the mouthfuls of food. By the time I considered myself full, and the desserts disappeared, I was tired and ready for bed, but because I am who I am, that just couldn't happen.

I was walking with the rest of my house when I felt someone tapping my shoulder. I turned, there was a confident boy, dressed in Slytherin robes. He looked to be a fourth year, same as myself. "Hey! Bethany, right?"

"Er- yeah, that's me.." Shrugging, I wondered where this was going.

"Cool, I'm Nate." He slung he arm around my shoulder, and I shrugged it off, "Ouch! That's cold, just being a little friendly is all."

"If you want to be friendly, then next time try a handshake," I responded coolly.

"Ooh.." He feigned a hurt expression, "Then let me fix that," he held out his hand to be shaken. "My name's Nate, what's yours?"

"Nice try," Rolling my eyes I walked away, leaving him standing with his hand stuck out like an idiot. From the corner of my eye I saw him quickly pull his hand back and smooth his sandy hair.

"What was that about?" Rose Weasley muttered to me as I caught up.

"Nothing, he was just getting in over his head, that's all."

"Good, he deserves an ego check," Alice cut in, having over heard our conversation.

"I'd say, but I'm tired, gonna head to bed." I yawned, as if to prove my point.

"I'm going to join you," Alice, too, yawned. "You coming Rose?"

"Nah, I'm still wide awake, see you girls in the morning!" She skipped off as Alice and I made our way to our dormitories.

Lying in bed I sighed, finally a chance to relax and sleep. And of course, because I am who I am, sleep I would, but relax? Nope. As soon as my eyes closed, dreams filed in. Images, feelings, emotions, memories, every last one horrible and cold. It felt like a dementor had intruded my dreams. (Which, I later discover, is possible, but is not what happened to me)

I woke, thankfully I woke. I woke to the faces of the others in my room, Rose, Alice, Lucy, and Myra. "Bethany?" Rose, looking scared, asked timidly. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, you were thrashing and screaming..it was rather frightening actually," Alice added in.

"Oh..sorry to wake you.." I mumbled. It took a while, but I finally managed to get the girls back into bed and soon I heard their deep breathing meaning they were asleep. Then it took another while for me to to calm my thoughts, which still were racing through my dream. By the time I did and was ready to close my eyes I felt something small and light land on my nose. Opening my eyes, I found an enchanted paper airplane.

"Oh what now?!" I groaned under my breath. Unfolding the airplane I saw the writing, Meet me outside the great hall, N-O-W. --S

I got up, still wearing my turtle pajamas and shuffled my way to the great hall. Scorpius was standing there. "You better have one heck of a reason for dragging me down here Malfoy.." Okay, so I'm not the nicest person when I'm tired.

It wasn't until then that I noticed how pale Scorpius was. "I do, Bethany..."

"Scorp?" A hint of fear was edging in.

"We need to talk Bethany. About something you might like to forget...."

I felt the color drain from face, I knew where he was going with it.

"Do you remember those two men in the suits last year? Right before Bellatrix...." He trailed off.

"Yes," I responded curtly.

"Well, I've kept in touch with them, regarding how to stop Bellatrix...and, well, Bethany you see we came up with a plan...that well.."

"What is it Scorpius? Spit it out. It can't be worse than what I went through last year."

He bit his lip, not meeting my eyes, "Bethany, it is though. It is so much worse..."

My heart sank, this was not going the way I thought it was. First day at Hogwarts and I could tell it was already about to become Hell.

To be continued when I get back from camp...