View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 02:45 AM   #11 (permalink)
crookshanks_kitty
Ravenclaw
Firecrab

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Parmis
Fifth Year
carrot lover (not) // torturously friendly // secret spy // HP nerd // <3 sparkles // who am I?

Hi Connie! I really enjoyed reading your new post. Your descriptions of Molly are very canon to her character. I can totally picture her fussing over everything the way she does in this chapter.

Quote:
“Mrs. Weasley…” he started trying to be bolder than he was feeling with the subject he was about to expose. “I want to marry Ginny…”
It makes my heart melt hearing it from him like this.

Quote:
“Harry,” she began apologetically. “I’m sorry dear, but you are both still so young and you’ve been through so much and all. Ginny still has to make up this past year of school… and then she has to continue on to her last year at Hogwarts… and you still have…”
This was a great way for your readers to find out about the actual timing of the story as The prologue I would assume is sometime later in the future.

Quote:
As it turned out, my life was already planned. I was to become a machine of doom, to give up my life, kill Voldemort, and all that stuff. Well now that I finished doing what was planned for and lived through it, all that hatred that drove me is gone. Now, I feel empty because I didn‘t know anything else but hatred. There isn’t anything inside me, and I don’t know what to do. I don’t want to live like this anymore.
I'm starting to see sense in his words.

Quote:
“Harry, you’re worrying over something you don’t have to worry about. You aren’t like that. You wouldn’t do anything like that to Ginny.” She took a firm hold on both of his arms and talked as earnestly as she could. It was heart breaking to see him struggle so hard and hurt so deeply.
But I agree more with her. It's so hard seeing Harry struggling to express his feelings and worries like that.

Quote:
She cupped his tearful face and reiterated, “I know you Dear; you aren’t like that.” She enfolded him in her arms and held him tightly. His body shook with convulsions, as he unburdened his soul with tears that had been dammed up and held so much inside of him.
My heart aches to imagine him crying like that. He must feel confused after all the stuff he's gone through. It's been an emotional roller coaster for him and he certainly didn't have a normal childhood or even teenage life. I guess it makes sense for him to breakdown like this. He needs comfort and Mrs. Weasley is as close as a motherly figure for him. Psychologically, he would need her attention and consoling.

Quote:
I couldn’t comfort anyone when the war was going on. … When we lost Fred, Remus, Tonks, and all the others, I didn’t have a clue what to do to comfort anyone. Yeah, I had something on my mind, and I had this thing I had to do, but why couldn’t I take even a minute to show how sorry and hurt I was for those losses. I was alone with my own inability to share the pain I felt to be able to comfort anyone. I was going to die without anyone knowing how sorry I was. I need to be like Mr. Weasley. He is the best example of what I‘m trying to tell you. Everything he is, I‘m not, but I want to be.” He looked away from her at the road leading into the Burrow.
Connie I always like how you're able to see more into the characters and explore their feelings and state of mind in your stories. And especially in this chapter, I can comprehend Harry's frustration and agony with the way you have him explain it all through his own words. It's sad knowing that the emptiness he felt after loosing his friends would have taken him a while to get over and come to his senses. I think he's still in a state of shock at this point.

By the way, are we going to find out where Harry's going? Is he going to be away for a long time to regain self control and as he said, "find himself?"

Also, there is so many parts in this chapter that I loved so I can't list them all, But I should make note of the last paragraph. It was really sweet of Harry to regard Mr./Mrs. Weasley that highly and to thank her like this.

I enjoyed reading this post Connie and I can't wait for more. Please PAMS!