View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 12:14 PM   #129 (permalink)
Lollipop!
Ravenclaw
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tilly C. Richards
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Persephone Walters
Accidents & Catastrophes
Bluejay | Potatopop! | SRS - Stupid Ravenclaw Syndrome

I winced as she dabbed at my arm. The ointment stunk and when it came in contact with my skin it sizzled. Madame Pomfrey had decided that it was time to heal the not-so-bad injuries seeing as the practically dead walking were cured. The wound the had ripped the muscle from the middle of my arm to the middle of my forearm. Mom had it mostly healed but only one layer of skin had stretched over the ugly cut. I wrinkled my nose as Madame Pomfery continued her dabbing.

I could feel eyes on me and when I looked away from my arm my eyes met Hermione's. Some nurse from St. Mungo's was gingerly tapping her cheek with a wand. Her cheek was bloody and I hadn't realized that the 'hole' in her cheek was that bad. She had it plastered with a yellowing fabric, so of course I hadn't. I teared my gaze from the gash and met her's once again. Her eyes pleaded with me but I just scowled and looked away.

If she didn't trust me then why should I even bother?

But I thought of how she kissed me in the Room of Requirement. I thought of how she got so freaked out in Chamber of Secrets and how when I took her hand she calmed down. How as she pierced the cup with the Basilisk fang and how she had cried when the scream echoed out from the metal. A memory that surprised me was the first time we met. I was thinking all these things when Madame Pomfrey moved away. “There.” She blew at a strand of hair that fell in front of her wrinkled face. Her forehead was coated in a sheen of sweat. “Keep your sleeve rolled up for a couple of hours, dear, so that the ointment doesn't smear.” She patted my cheek and said so gently I could barely hear it; “Good luck with everything Mr. Weasley. Rumour has it your name is going to come out for the Wizard games. I hope I don't see you in the infirmary again.”

I was dismissed. I stood up from the plastic chair, gave her a small smile and turned on my heel. It was half way to the common room that I noticed footsteps behind me. I spun around and caught her Hermione just before she slammed into me. Her light brown hair was clean and she had it cut to just past her shoulders. She had a little bit of bubblegum pink lip gloss shining on her lips. I hated it. She was so much prettier when she didn't try. “Ron!” she gasped, but I narrowed my eyes at her. She was a terrible actress. Making sure she was steady I walked away, trying to ignore her calling me.

She caught up with me quickly and grabbed me arm, digging her broken nails into my skin. I pulled away, hissing. I checked the ointment and grunted in relief when it wasn't smeared. “Ron, please talk to me.” She begged. That was it. All the anger from her not trusting me; of Fred dying; of...everything came out, unable to be stopped, like a tidal wave. “Talk to someone who doesn't trust me? After all we've bloody been through! You know how much I flippin' love-” her jaw dropped. “Loved” I corrected but the damage was done. I decided to ignore it. “you and yet you still think I'd just go to Lavender while I was with you. Hermione, I loved you since I first met you – I just thought I hated you. When you dated Krum,” I said it with such hatred that I surprised myself. “I realized that I frickin' loved you.”

Hermione reached out and stroked my jawline, rubbing the stubble on my skin. I jerked away. “No Hermione. I'm sorry. I can't. No. You don't trust me.” Her eyes weld up with tears and I felt as if something had shattered inside. “I brought a piece offering...” she whispered and zipped opened her bag and pulled out a cardboard box. She held it out and I took it gingerly frowning slightly as I opened it. Cupcakes. I gave half a smile. “Thanks...” She knew me way too well. No wait. I'm mad at her. She doesn't know me at all. Then a thought that I had been burying since we broke up hit me. “Is it because I left? When we were searching for horcruxes? Is that it?” My voice broke. “Is that why you don't trust me?”

When she didn't reply I shook my head in disgust and shoved the box of cupcakes back at her. “And I thought you loved me...” I turned around and marched away. I passed a broom closet and frowned. I swung open the door and swore loudly. “Neville? Hannah? What the hell are you two doing?” They jumped apart, deers caught in a headlight. “Ron.” Hannah whispered, going pale. Not that she already wasn't. Neville said nothing, just staring at his shoes.

Neville looked up and his jaw muscles where tight. “Ron.” His voice broke. I'm sure my eyes were wiiiide. “Pl-” “I won't say anything.” I interrupted. “Just, let's pretend this never happened. Sort it out yourselves. I don't want any part in this.” I slammed the broom closet door and walked off. I pulled out a chocolate frog and sniggered at the card. Harry's face was on it already. I blinked at the fat lady. Before saying the password I plastered a smile on my face.

"Whats that?" A voice beside us all said rather tirdly. A smile was still playing at my lips from my victories but when I glanced up and saw Neville it fell. I wonder why he waited so long to come...

... CONFIDENT ... FIERCE ... PERSISTENT ...

Last edited by Lollipop!; 08-16-2011 at 08:51 AM.