View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 02:53 AM

Post New Bonnie Wright directorial debut info, Geography of the Hapless Heart film promos

Harry Potter actress Bonnie Wright has already stepped behind the camera, having written and directed her first feature as part of her university's LCC Graduate Film project. Bonnie first discussed her work in Interview magazine earlier this year; the website for the project, called Separate We Come, Separate We Go, is live now - the film itself will debut at the Graduate BAFTAs in 2012.

Bonnie's comments on the project:

Quote:
WRIGHT: I'm actually in the process of writing a short screenplay for a film that I'm going to be directing in our final year. That will be very exciting.

That's fantastic! Can you tell me what it's about?
WRIGHT:
It's quite new, but it's basically about a relationship between a mother and daughter, and it's set in an area in England, in East Sussex, called Romney Marsh, which is a very interesting environment that I always went to as a child and grew up with, so it's very much about the location. It's a very bleak, quite bizarre area. So it's a film, basically, about that area of England.
More information and photos of Separate We Come, Separate We Go can be found at the official site and below.

Quote:
Separate We Come, Separate We Go is the story of a 10-year-old girl who is neglected by her manic depressive mother. One morning she runs away and finds solace and a new sense of freedom in the beautiful landscape of her coastal town. She survives thanks to the kindness of strangers and befriends an old man who spends his time strolling along the waterfront and the dusty coastal paths.

Directed by actress Bonnie Wright, this film portrays the poignant story of a child’s emotional and physical journey across the glorious landscape of East Sussex. We intend to cover various parts of the region such as: Camber Sands, Rye Harbour, Winchelsea beach, Lydd, Dungeness and Dymchurch.
Additionally, new photos from Bonnie's short film Sweat, a vignette of the feature Geography of the Hapless Heart was released by the movie's official Facebook, and can be found in our galleries. Bonnie plays Mia, entangled in a destructive relationship with Jamie, portrayed by Matthew McNulty. There is currently no set release date on the film.