View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 07:39 PM   #123 (permalink)
Ladybug

Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Enya Mayberry
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bradley "Brad" Wills.
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default I'm trying to improve my writing, sorry if this sucks...
Workaholic || HOGwart | iloveyou. || SnowQueenEviee.

Heya. THANK YOU THANK YOU!
to all who nominated mine and Lily's story for the Golden Goblin Awards.

Also i'm terribly sorry for this being MEGA late, i really don't have an excuse. I hope you like it i've been trying to move the story forward, closer to the date of the games which seem to be a sparkle in the eye of this story at the moment.

--------------------------------------------------

Well you could say a lot had happened in the past few weeks and soon the cup would annonce who would be chosen to play part in the wizards game. The tension was rising all around me and was putting me, and i'm sure others, into foul moods. It was all the talk around each common room it even out bid all the disagreements between who was dating who although i never really got why girls faught over all that. Now i didn't enter the games, after everything that had happened i don't think i was up for it. Not that i was saying i had done a lot to cause the fall of He Who Must Not Be Named as we all still called him but to tell you the truth i-i really didn't have a reason, even after all the weeks of trying to think of one to tell everyone around me i was stil stumped.

As i had been thinking someone had walked up to me and was not tapping me on the arm. It took me a few moments to realise this and looked up, i was surprised to see Ginny looking at me as she wasn't one to really talk to me. She was all about sticking to Harry and his gang of friends rather then with people her own age. "Dean, Dean. You there?" I heard her ask but it sounded like i was in a container and she was tapping on the window. Weird but nevertheless i answered smiling.

"Haii how you doing?" I offered her a seat opposite me as i spoke, she gladly took smiling back at me.

"Pretty good thanks, you? We. Me, Harry, Ron and Hermione were wondering if you wanted to come join us? Seamus and the others are with us" I heard her sayas she drummed her fingers against the woddern table. I looked over at where she had come from and sure enough there was indeed a large crowd gathered round a small table. I strengthed my neck to see what was happening and saw small parts of a chess board, chess pieces but couldn't see who was playing

"Is that a chess game?" I asked suddenly happy not tearing my eyes from the sight. Finally something fun was happening around here.

Ginny nodded as she answered me, "Yeah Ron and Harry are battling against each other..." She didn't get to finish before i was up on my feet. This was something to watch. Ron was chapion at the game. "I've got to see this" I said rushing over and pushing past fellow students to get a clear view. I wasn't sure if Ginny had followed me but i guessed she had, i continued to watch the game. I cheered both boys on as they faught back and forth between each other. It was truely an entertaing game to watch.

Just as Ron played his last move - winning the game like i had first through he would - there was a sound of someone clearing their throat behind us. A
bit like what Professor Umbridge used to do back in the day, but it couldn't be her. We never saw her anymore, she'd just gone. All looking over we saw
Professor McGonagall standing before them, although she was Headmistress to the school she was still their head of house temporary. Till after the games i
believed but now she stood before us holding a piece of parchment in her hand, her glasses watching us all in turn, her hat sitting perfectly on her head. She waited for silence to fall over us all before she unfolded the parchment and began to read...

"All students are to gather in the great hall this saturday for the sorting of the wizard games. All students are asked to gather at the starting of the feast and the sorting will begin once the feast is over. Anyone still wishing to enter have until friday evening to do so. We wish everyone good luck in the following games...." She paushed and pushed her glasses up further on her nose as she looked up "Thank you"

she finished speaking and folded up the parchment, with one more look at all those gathered in the common room she turned on her heel and walked away. A moment more and i heard all the whispering get louder and louder around me. The people before me began to get back to their game with the spectators around them commenting every now and again. It was like it had been before the professor interupted them only he heard snipets of conversation about the games and what categories there might be. He too wondered what the people chosen would be asked to do, no one but the judges knew anything about what was expected of the participants. This had sparked up a few poeple to try and find out in any means necessary, something the Weasley twins would have done in their day no doubt.

Trying to become part of one of these conversations beside me between Seamus and Lavender i piped up, "Did you hear that Neville entered?" I asked while looking around for one of my fellow class mates. I turned back to them both just as Seamus opened his mouth.

"Yeah, did you see the shocked look on his face when it hit him?" He laughed and i too joined in. Before long we were shushed from the side by Ginny who
leaned in and whispered,

"Haven't you noticed that Neville has been spending a lot more time in the library reading. He's scared, give him some slack" She returned to watching the game as Ron once again won. I suddenly felt bad for laughing about Neville, it was no secret he wasn't the best in the feild of Charms and DADA. He wasn't that good at many subjects but Herbology. What he did have though was a brave heart and a eagerness to fit it, that i liked about him a lot.

"Whats that? Ron; 5 Harry; 1?" I heard Ron gloat at Harry as he raised his hand in victory.

"Whats that?" A voice beside us all said rather tirdly. I turned to look just as everyone else did to see...

___________________Look Who's Back.
Beware.

Last edited by Ladybug; 07-23-2011 at 02:03 PM.