View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 07:03 PM   #18 (permalink)
crookshanks_kitty
Ravenclaw
Firecrab

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Parmis
Fifth Year
carrot lover (not) // torturously friendly // secret spy // HP nerd // <3 sparkles // who am I?

I enjoyed writing this entry as well, so likewise I hope you enjoy reading it.

Hunted By the Prey

Her consoling eyes were locked on his. He felt like they were penetrating him, looking through the window to his soul and discovering his hidden secrets, those which were already exposed for the world to see. A chill ran up his spine, he shivered. With every single word one spoke to him, he searched for a double meaning. He took offence at the most simple of remarks. He lived inside his own protective shell, dismissing all outside association and breaking free of any bonds which compelled him to share his ugly nature.

Yet she held on. Was it she who was not letting go or was it his own heart which did not have the nerve to let go? He knew he was being selfish but this was simply his one and only chance. It was as lucky as he could get. How could he turn down good fortune when it only knocks on your door once? A part of him yearned for her attention and love. He needed to be cared for. He wanted her by his side. It was need, not only personal desire. He needed her comforting shoulders to lean on.

Thus far, his life had been devastated. He had no choice but accept the fact that the rest of his miserable life would follow the same routine, so he might as well make the best of it. He would lose patience and endurance by growing old. His young years were over when he had enough strength to make it through the tough times. He shuddered at the thought of it. Even after so long, he was disturbed by his own flaw, yet his best of friends always had to find a way to deem it as tolerable. One named it his furry little problem and now she was calling it—

“An illness like any other. It can be treated. You impose no threat, I can assure you…” How disgusting! He averted his gaze and pinched the tip of his nose. This was no time to lose it. She already knew about the ugly truth, there was no need to build up on the accuracy of her insight. It only made him look less bearable. So he composed himself and looked back up, again her intense stare made him feel more uncomfortable to speak with a straight face. What was it that he was detecting? Was it a twinkling trace of adoration in her glossy eyes? It hurt him to realize how far she had fallen into the wolf’s trap.

“And I expect that by now you have fully familiarized yourself with the side effects?” There was a sarcastic edge to his voice.

Nevertheless, she smiled and responded, “More than you imagine. I love you and that should be enough for the world to approve. It only comes down to you now. Do you love me?” Her voice faltered and her eyes fell on her hands lying on the table. The candle light glowing ever so bright. It was reflected in his exhausted eyes. She fidget her feet beneath the table. He sensed her eagerness and was overcome by the love she felt towards him. He was intoxicated by the intense passion of their love. If only he had the dictionary in front of him to find the right words that would do justice to how much he loved her in return. If only she knew. He broke his defensive shell and reached both his hands and rested them on hers. Their fingers entwined. She felt goosebumps by his touch and looked up to survey his face. He was smiling.

“You must have disregarded my manly nature if you thought otherwise. You’re not the only one hunted by this poor beast, I’m hunted by your eyes.” And with that, he edged a bit closer and they closed up the small space that was left between them. One soul in two bodies… They were meant to unite.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

He paid a quick visit to the remote vicinity near his own house. He hid behind a bush and stole a peek at the window on second landing of the dwelling he used to reside in. Her silhouette could be seen from a distance. She was holding up an infant. His feeble body was resting in her arms. She patted his soft feathery hair and gently tapped him on the back. The baby was crying.

He dissaparated and then broke into a run. The farther away, the better. He ran towards the depth of the forest where the solid mass of trees obscured him from view. His bare feet often caught between lumps of the tree roots. The gust of wind stung his eyes. Darkness fell and his nightmare began. He howled into the night and the birds flew away from the nearby trees. His voice was carried across the forest and heard by every inhabitant creature. He was unaware of the fact that he wouldn’t have to endure much pain anymore, everything would soon end and he would be freed once more.

-Ava. G-

-------------------------------------------

SPOILER!!: Reply to Previous Comments
Quote:
The woman is Lily but I am stuck between James or Sev the beginning seemed like James but I think I will stick with Sev because of the lovesick comment.
Pams

***Sarah***
yup, the woman was in fact Lily. And the man...

SPOILER!!: Character of Two Sides to a Coin
Severus Snape!
Thanks for the comment.

Last edited by crookshanks_kitty; 07-13-2011 at 08:45 PM.