View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 07:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
Boy Wonder
Formerly: RobinBoyWonder

Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Olivia Anderson
First Year
x1
Default The last thing Ben needs is an Ego boost. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassXRose View Post
Elinor looked up from her maintenence work and smiled. Tucking her wand away quickly in a pocket of her labcoat, she crossed to him. "Mister Amsten...", she started, supressing a grin and extending a hand.

"We've never had official purchance to meet, as I was relatively recently transferred from level four, but before I worked in the ministry, I, myself, was a detective at a private angency. I am SUCH a fan, sir," she said excitedly. "I've followed most of your cases with such interest, and now to be working in the same rooms with you? It is an honor..." It was. But nothing creepy here, nosir. She looked to the woman who had entered behind him and greeted her as well.

Turning to the desk next to the door, she picked up a binder and a pen. "Do we have a case number or an evidence identification number?"

Ben Amsten could use HER help. Wow.
"That's Detective," Ben corrected her as he shook her hand.

"Oh!" Benjamin said, surprised. He didn't know his cases were famous. Especially in the wizarding world. His real detective work was as a muggle officer. But nevertheless, always an honor to meet a fan. "Well, then.... Thank you!" I suppose.

And she was a former Private I. She should bring her Detective title into the office. No, no, then I wouldn't be 'The Detective.' Ben thought about the possibility of opening a Private Investigation Office. THAT might be fun.

Ben took the file from Julia and handed it to Elinor. "Have a look at that." He then retrieved the key from his pocket. "We'll be picking apart this. Has no charms, and the only magical trace it has is environmental residue from being around wizards. We need to find out what this key goes to using only what it's touched and imprints on the key. Whatever this key goes to has where the missing cars, which you can see in the file, are." That was the basics. He hoped she got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishu.emma View Post
Julia returned the lady's smile. "Hello--" she paused, "--I'm Julia Smith." she smiled at her. "I'm a new employee here, in IUMO" she finished. Julia extended her hand to her and then said, "You must be, Miss Elinor?" She turned to Ben, "So, what do we do now?" she asked.
Benjamin looked at Julia. "Now... We begin." He placed the key on the table, rolled up his sleeves, loosened his tie and flicked his first wand out of his right wrist- with a clear second holster on his left. Tapping his bottled glasses charmed to keep out unfriendly eyes, they flicked to a green color, allowing him to see magical implants and other things.