View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 09:33 PM   #261 (permalink)
ThePureBloodPrincess
Slytherin
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Megara Kostas
First Year

Chapter Forty-Four - A Bundle of Hope
Izabella smiled as she looked down at the tiny bundle that was sleeping soundly, curled up on her chest. Poking out from the numerous blankets was a tiny tuft of jet black hair and a small, pale, delicate hand, curled into a miniature fist.

They had arrived back at the Burrow a few hours after the birth, which had been eventful to say the least. Sirius stood by her head, shouting “Push” whenever he felt it necessary. This ended with Izabella throwing her arm at him until her fist made contact with his chest, hard.

Lucius attempted to be helpful, but ended up standing in the corner, growing very pale and almost fainting.

Madam Pomfrey fussed with towels and even McGonagall tried to take control at one point. Until Mrs Weasley came bursting in shouting;
“I've had seven children, move out of my way!”
And the baby was soon delivered.

She sighed contentedly and looked about the Weasley's living room, where she was currently occupying the sofa. Across from her, curled up in an armchair, Harry was deeply sleeping, looking peaceful where he had fallen asleep before finishing his story of the journey they had been on. Izabella didn't mind. They had all the time in the world now. Opposite him, Ron was sprawled out on the sofa, snoring gently with a tranquil Hermione tucked safely under his arm.

Izabella sat up as there was a firm knock on the door.
Gently, she held the baby against her chest, securing the blankets around the tiny form whilst she opened the door to the kitchen where most of the Weasleys were sitting.

George had gone straight to his room, the loss affecting him the most. Ginny was sent to bed by her mother and despite her protests, fell asleep as soon as she reached her bed. Sirius was currently in the shower, the last in line as Izabella and the others were all freshly washed and cosy in her borrowed pyjamas. It may have been past lunch time, but considering the events of the previous days, everyone had agreed it was acceptable to stay in their pyjamas and be lazy for a while.

Mrs Weasley stood by the stove, a mouth-watering aroma coming from the large pot she was stirring. Bill sat with his arm around Fleur next to Charlie who sat next to Percy, all cradling a large mug in their hands. Mr Weasley stood by the doorway, his body tense and his nose raised high in the air.

“I don't think Izabella should be disturbed at the moment.” Mr Weasley said, not realising her presence.
“It's okay Arthur, I'm awake.” she said smiling as she walked to the doorway to greet the guests, touching Mr Weasley's arm in assurance.

“Good afternoon.” she said, hiding her frown as she greeted Narcissa Malfoy, her husband and son just behind her.
“I came by to give you this. I thought you might be a little unprepared for the little one.” Narcissa said, holding out a crib, filled with blankets and baby clothes.

“Thank you!” Izabella exclaimed. “That's really too kind.”
“It's just some of Draco's old stuff. I found some things that would be acceptable for a baby girl.” she said, smiling at the tiny bundle in Izabella's arms. Mr Weasley stepped forward and took the crib off Narcissa, Izabella smiled at him gratefully as she shifted her baby to a cradle in her arms so the Malfoys could have a glimpse.

“She's beautiful.” Lucius breathed softly, smiling at Izabella with sparkling eyes.
“Like her mother.” Sirius said as he joined Izabella by her side, his hair still slightly damp and his skin glowing a light shade of pink. Izabella smiled as he kissed her cheek then lowered his face to kiss his daughter's forehead gently. “I see you've met Lucia?” he smiled.

“Lucia?” Lucius said in a quiet voice, his eyes meeting Izabella's.

“Lucia Hope Black.” Izabella announced, her smile beaming across her face.
“It's perfect.” Narcissa said smiling. Lucius looked at Izabella wordlessly and she smiled.

“Well I guess this is goodbye.” Narcissa said.
Izabella stepped forward and kissed Narcissa's cheek.
“See you soon.” she said, leaning forward to embrace Lucius for a moment. He stroked Lucia's forehead gently and she smiled.

She patted Draco's shoulder as Lucius and Sirius shook hands briefly. They stood on the doorstep and waved before the Malfoy's disapparated and were gone.

“Right. Who wants soup?” Mrs Weasley asked as they made their way back inside. Everyone hurried to their seats greedily as Mrs Weasley chuckled as dished out bowls of soup.

Izabella pulled the crib towards her and emptied it, laying Lucia down gently amongst the blankets, her tiny chest rising and falling as she slept, blissfully unaware of her history.

Izabella watched her daughter for a moment then sifted through the baby clothes. She had a suspicion that some of the clothes weren't as second hand as Narcissa made them out to be.

She smiled and turned to the table, wolfing down her meal in between glances at the baby that had brought them hope. Their lives had been plagued by disasters, but suddenly this little bundle of joy made the world seem a better place.

And of course her father certainly helped, grinning at her from across the table and making her swoon, in a way that only Sirius Black could achieve.