View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 11:10 PM   #232 (permalink)
ThePureBloodPrincess
Slytherin
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Megara Kostas
First Year

Chapter Forty-Six - The Truth Will Out
“Come on.” Izabella mumbled, willing the telephone box to go faster. It landed in the Atrium and Izabella pushed open the door and sped across the room, passing the fountain and sliding into the lift, shoving the doors closed behind her and frantically pressing the button for Level Nine.

The lift starting to descend and Izabella paced the small box until the voice announced;
“Level Nine. Department of Mysteries.”

She threw open the door of the lift and ran down the hallway and into the circular room. As the door clicked shut behind her, the room began to spin.
Izabella tried to stay calm as she hurried towards a door and pulled it open. With a sigh of relief, she recognised the room from Dumbledore's instructions at Order meetings. Clocks lined the shelves and there was a glittering light beaming brightly from the surfaces.

She rushed through, ignoring the bright objects around her and continued to the next door. She pulled out her wand, holding it tightly then slowly walked into the room filled with prophecies.

She ran down one of the aisles, her heart pumping loudly then looked up at the numbers on the shelves. She hurried down until she found ninety-seven. She took a deep breath then strode up the aisle, hearing voices as she came closer to the prophecy that Voldemort craved.

“Izabella.” Lucius said, his voice surprised and his face creased in confusion as he spotted her approaching. Harry continued to glare at him and Izabella smiled at his intelligence as the others all turned to look at her, making themselves vulnerable to attack.

Keeping her eyes on the group of Death Eaters, Izabella passed Harry and stood in front of him.
“Lucius.” she said, her voice low and silky. “Well now. Why is it that I was the only one not invited to this little meeting?” she asked questioningly.

Behind her, Neville gasped quietly.
“You're one of them.” he stated accusingly. Izabella laughed quietly, but kept her eyes on Lucius as Harry and the others shifted behind her.

“Well Izabella? Are you one of us?” he asked. For a long moment they looked at each other, then Izabella sighed.
“Of course I'm not Lucius.”

“I told you!” Bellatrix shrieked triumphantly. “I tried to warn the Dark Lord but obviously she had him under some kind of spell!”
Izabella rolled her eyes.
“Or I'm just a good liar.” Izabella suggested.
“Well you had me fooled.” Lucius said quietly, watching Izabella with sad eyes as his shoulders drooped slightly.

Izabella sighed quietly and her face softened.
“Lucius, I didn't-”
“It doesn't matter.”
“I do know where Sirius is and-”
“I know.”

“What?” Izabella said, frowning slightly and dropping her wand as her curiosity grew.
“I have known all along that you were in contact with Sirius Black... That he followed us to the hotel that night and that you have been living with him.”

“How?”
“Kreacher.” Bellatrix interrupted, grinning manically. “He told us all about you. How Black would do anything for you and Potter... And how Potter would do anything for either of his beloved godparents.” she said cackling evilly. Izabella clenched her teeth slightly and sighed.

“Enough Bellatrix.” Lucius said firmly. He turned his gaze to Izabella. “You can still join us Izabella. Choose the right side. Choose me.” he begged.

“Why would she ever choose you?” Harry said, standing by Izabella's side defensively, clutching the prophecy against his chest tightly. Izabella put a protective arm in front of Harry as Lucius laughed.

“You didn't tell him?” he said, arching an eyebrow at Izabella.
“I didn't think it necessary.” Izabella said through clenched teeth. Harry frowned curiously.
“Izabella and I were supposed to get married. She loves me.” Lucius announced.
“Loved.” she corrected firmly. “I chose Sirius. I will always choose him. And now, I'm choosing to save Harry.” she said darkly.

“Now!” Harry shouted suddenly and the teenagers all turned and started trashing the orbs that surrounded them. Understanding, Izabella joined them in breaking the prophecies then ran along the shelves, pushing them ahead of her.

A red flash of light streaked towards Hermione but Izabella deflected it as they reached the doorway. Making sure they were all inside, she pulled the door shut, ignoring Harry's protests and turned to face the Death Eaters which were approaching her. Suddenly Lucius appeared and grabbed Izabella's arm.

“Split into pairs and find them. Be gentle with Potter. Kill the others if you must.” he ordered. The Death Eaters nodded and hurried off in different directions. Keeping a firm hold on Izabella's arm, he dragged her through the room. “You can stay with me. I don't want you helping Potter escape.” he growled. Izabella attempted to pull out of his grip.

“Lucius don't do this. Do you really want me to get killed? Because that is what will happen if you don't let me go.”
“I don't care if you die. Not any more.” he said harshly. Izabella continued to struggle against his grip when he opened a door and pulled her through into another room. Izabella gasped as she spotted Ginny, Ron and Luna fighting with several Death Eaters.

She pulled out her wand to help them but suddenly Lucius turned and pressed her arms against her side tightly, restraining her and glaring down at her with his eyes full of hatred. Izabella watched the battle intently and helpless, gasping as Ron was hit with a spell and Ginny collapsed against a wall, holding her ankle in pain.

“Run! Find the others and get out!” Izabella yelled before Lucius pressed a hand over her mouth and dragged her roughly into another room.

He threw her to the floor and she let out a cry of pain as she smacked down onto a stone floor, her wrist twisting slightly. The room was eerie and cold, filled with tanks swimming with strange creatures. Lucius was pacing the floor in front of her.

“Just let me go Lucius.” she said quietly, looking up at him from the ground. He shook his head forcefully.
“Why couldn't you just marry me? Everything would have been different.”
“Because I didn't want to! I didn't love you.” Izabella yelled, standing up. He turned and swung his arm around, hitting her face hard, causing Izabella to fall against a tank, her head making contact with the glass.

She straightened up and glared at Lucius as blood trickled down the side of her face. He rushed forward.

“I'm sorry.” he mumbled, but Izabella pulled away from him.
“Sirius would never have done that.” she said quietly. Lucius' face tightened and he took her wrist once more, pulling her through the rooms.

Izabella followed him without protesting. The Order would be here soon and she'd be safe. They entered a room and Izabella sighed as she noticed Harry and Neville stood on a dais in front of an ancient archway, the Death Eaters surrounding them triumphantly.