View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 10:47 AM   #227 (permalink)
ThePureBloodPrincess
Slytherin
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Megara Kostas
First Year

Phew! I had a little technical disaster this morning. My laptop completely crashed and deleted all of my files. I nearly cried. But luckily I listen in my ICT lessons and I managed to recover it and it is now all backed up on a memory stick. Yay. So I hope you like it!

Chapter Forty-Five - The Memories May Fade But The Pain Never Will
Izabella landed in a darkening alleyway, a light summer breeze blowing through her hair. She slowly made her way out into the village and a tear fell down her face.

Across from her was the local pub, lights glowing in the windows and laughter echoing loudly, where she had spent many hours with Lily, James and Sirius. Down the street was the Italian restaurant where Lily and James had announced their engagement. There was the church where they had married and where Harry's christening had taken place. On both occasions Izabella had resorted to magic to get Sirius to wear a suit.

Of course, that was also where the funeral had happened. Izabella had stayed out of sight, covering her face and sitting at the back as she had already returned to the Muggle world and didn't want to answer anybody's prying questions.

Petunia was the only person who saw her, when the service was over. Izabella had stayed by the church until the crowds dispersed and no one was around, then she returned to the graveyard and placed two lilies on the grave, one from her and one from Sirius, who was already locked away in Azkaban. Petunia had watched her from a distance.

“I knew you would be here somewhere.” Petunia had said as she walked over to her. Izabella jumped at the sound of the voice then sighed quietly. Held gently in his aunt's arms, Harry had been sleeping peacefully, unknowing about his future.

“I didn't expect you to come.” Izabella had said. “Especially not with Harry.”
“I only came because someone had to bring the boy.” she said sharply. Izabella smiled and looked at her knowingly, then took Harry out of her arms as Petunia fell onto her sister's grave, sobbing loudly. Izabella cradled Harry in one arm then knelt on the cold ground beside the broken woman, comforting her as she cried.

“I never got to say goodbye.” Petunia said as the sobs subsided and she calmed. She stroked Lily's grave then stood up and faced Izabella. “I never said sorry.”
“She understood. Looking after Harry is the best way to repay her now.” Izabella said gently.

“I can't. He's a freak like her.”
“Petunia! You don't mean that.”
“I do.” she had said firmly. “Why can't you look after him? You're... one of them.”

Izabella had sighed.
“You know why Petunia.” She had leant down and kissed Harry's forehead gently, then handed him back to his aunt. Then she turned her back on the sleeping baby and left quickly.

Izabella blinked, her mind returning to the present and she pulled her gaze away from the graveyard. Instead she turned to look at the rubble that was once the home of the Potter's.

She approached the house slowly, placing her hand on the gate and jumping slightly as a sign appeared, declaring that the house has been left in remembrance of the Potters. Izabella smiled as she read the graffiti upon the sign, sending their well-wishes to Harry and blessings to James and Lily.

She took a steadying breath then continued up the path and into the hallway of the house. She looked down at the floor and the place where James' body had laid. A shiver passed through her body and she pressed on, glancing in the living area at the dusty furniture and the broken ornaments. The kitchen was unrecognisable, nothing like the clean, homely room it used to be.

At the bottom of the stairs, Izabella paused then she carefully made her way up the stairs, creaking with every step.

As she reached the second floor, there was a cold breeze coming from the destroyed roof of what used to be Harry's bedroom. The cot had been blasted away and laid in broken pieces on the floor. Izabella's breathing had become ragged and fast as her mind flashed back, pulling out the memories that she had kept locked away for so long...

Harry sat crying on the floor by Lily's body... Lily's green eyes looked up at Izabella in a pleading way but they were lifeless... Harry's cries echoed through the house as Izabella rocked him in her arms... Sirius arrived.

His face was pale, determined. He picked up Harry and threw him in the air as James used to do, making Harry giggle innocently. With one last embrace, Sirius kissed his godson's head then handed him back to Izabella...

“Sirius where are you going?” Izabella said, standing and grabbing his arm as she bounced Harry in the other. He turned to her and wiped away the tears which streamed down her cheeks.

“I'm going to make things better.” he said in a hoarse voice. She shook her head.
“Don't. Sirius please. Just stay here.”
“My best friend is lying downstairs dead. And it's all because of that rat.” he said darkly as Izabella pulled Harry towards her, shielding his ears from the horrible truth.
“Sirius no!”

But it was too late. He was gone and Izabella wouldn't see him again for fourteen years.

A small cry escaped Izabella's mouth and she collapsed to the floor. Her tears came thick and fast and the sobs were wrenched from her throat. Eventually she sat up and leant against the wall carefully, her crying fading into hiccups. She laughed slightly and shook her head. There was no cloak here. He was testing her. Well, for Lily's sake she would remain a spy and bring Lord Voldemort to his downfall.

She went to stand up, her body stiff when suddenly a bright light illuminated the ruined house. Izabella shielded her eyes against the contrast of the light from the dark night when it spoke in a fast, worried voice.

“Izabella. Harry's in trouble.” said Remus Lupin's voice. “He thinks Voldemort has taken Sirius and has gone to the Ministry to save him. The Order are on their way. We think the Death Eaters will be waiting for him.”

The patronus faded and Izabella was already on her feet, her wand squeezed tightly in her hand. So that was why she was sent here. She shook her head slightly then rushed from the room and down the stairs. She flung open the door and sped out into the night.

As she went to disparate, she spotted two figures in the distance. Their black cloaks flew behind them as they ran towards her. She suddenly understood; it was a trap. Without hesitating, she turned on the spot and left Godric's Hollow behind her.