View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 01:58 PM   #224 (permalink)
ThePureBloodPrincess
Slytherin
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Megara Kostas
First Year

Chapter Forty-Four - Lucius' Message
The news of the attack of Professor McGonagall and Hagrid had travelled quickly and was discussed often the next day by both teachers and students. Umbridge was in a foul mood, and Izabella made sure to avoid her all day; she didn't want to be the next one to be fired.

At lunch time, she went down to the kitchens, tickling the pear in the portrait as Sirius had taught her to when she was in her fifth year, and asked the house elves if they would bring her some lunch in her office. They had nodded graciously and by the time she reached her office, a large selection of food was waiting on her desk. She smiled and sat down, enjoying her lunch in the peace and quiet.

Izabella groaned quietly as there was a knock on the door, and she placed down her pumpkin juice, striding over to the door and yanking it open.

“What?” she demanded.
Lucius lifted his gaze to her face and arched an eyebrow.
“Oh it's you. Come in.” she mumbled, stepping back as he walked into her office, shutting the door behind him. He watched her carefully then took a few steps towards her, holding her chin between his fingers delicately.

“Are you okay?” he asked softly. She nodded and smiled, pulling out of his grasp to move over to her desk. She perched on the edge and folded her arms expectantly.

“How are things?” he asked, taking a seat in front of her.
“Why are you here Lucius?” she asked, narrowing her eyes slightly.
“I thought I'd come and see you-”
“Lucius.” she sighed, rolling her eyes. He chuckled quietly, then his face became serious.

“He wishes to see you. He has a job for you.”
“Now?” Izabella asked. Lucius nodded and she sighed.
“How long will it take? I don't think Umbridge is going to let me leave that easily.”
“Don't worry. I have asked the Minister and he has informed the Headmistress that you will be absent for a few days.”

Izabella laughed.
“You always did have good contacts.” she said grinning. He smiled and stood up, walking over to her.
“That wasn't why you loved me though.” he said. Izabella laughed softly and looked down. Lucius stood close against her, her body was pressed between his and the table.

“Lucius...” she said, putting her hands on his chest and pushing him backwards weakly. He grabbed her hand and held it tightly. As he looked down at her he frowned slightly, then loosened his grip on her hand, staring at her fingers.

“Where is this ring from?” he asked, looking up from the sapphire ring to gaze at her questioningly.
“It was my mother's.” Izabella lied, pulling her hand away from him and slipping the ring into her pocket. He watched her, his face slightly pained and his jaw clenched.

Izabella sighed and leant over her desk to pick up her wand.
“We need to go.” she said quietly, moving over to the doorway. Lucius paused for a moment then left the office, glancing about the corridors as he waited for her to join him.

Izabella grabbed her cloak and surveyed the room before pulling the door closed behind her and setting off down the staircase with Lucius. As they reached the Entrance Hall, Draco appeared, returning back from his lunch.

“Dad.” he said, his voice surprised as his face lit up.
“Not now Draco.” Lucius said impatiently. Izabella looked over her shoulder at Draco and smiled gently as his shoulders dropped slightly. She rushed after Lucius and glared at him.

“You should pay more attention to your son you know.”
“Don't tell me how to raise my child.” Lucius snapped. Izabella rolled her eyes.
“I'm not, I'm just saying you should listen to him sometimes.” They had reached the gates of Hogwarts and Lucius turned to look at Izabella with a soft expression whilst Izabella glared back at him.

“You would have been a great mother.”
Izabella sighed, shaking her head as she grabbed Lucius' hand.
“Lets go.” she said, turning as she disapparated.

They landed outside of the gates of Malfoy Manor, and Izabella released Lucius' hand. He smiled smugly then lead her through the gates and up the pathway to the house. He pulled out a set of keys from his pocket and opened the door, standing back and holding open the door for her. She smiled graciously and stepped into the house, looking about the quiet hallway.

The door shut with a gentle bang then Izabella felt soft hands on her waist. She sighed quietly as she felt Lucius close behind her, his breath tickling her neck.

“Lucius...” she said quietly, turning in his arms to face him. He looked down into her eyes, his hands locked around her waist. His face lowered slightly towards her.

“Izabella.” The cold voice echoed around the hallway as Izabella and Lucius jumped apart.
“My Lord.” she said, curtseying slightly and lowering her flushed face to the floor. Voldemort descended the staircase slowly, watching both of them closely. He approached Izabella and looked down at her.

“I need you to do something for me.”
She nodded and looked up at him.
“Anything my Lord.” she smiled.
“I want you to go to Godric's Hollow.”
Izabella swallowed loudly and nodded slightly.

“Okay.” she agreed quietly. “What do I need to do?”
“I think I left something there. The night I killed the mudblood and her husband.”
Izabella bit down hard on her lip, her jaw clenched and her eyes empty of emotion.

“What did you leave?” she asked in a forced voice. Voldemort watched her with calculating eyes then swiftly walked around the hallway, stopping by a chair and taking a seat.

“A cloak.” he said simply. Izabella frowned for a moment then nodded slightly.
“Right.” she said, straightening and forcing a smile. “I'll leave now so I can get back to Hogwarts soon-”
“Take your time.” Voldemort said, glancing at Lucius for a moment. A crease appeared on Izabella's forehead for a second but she smoothed her expression and smiled once more.

“Of course, my Lord.” she said, bowing her head and moving to the door.
“I'll walk you to the gate.” Lucius said quietly, holding open the door then following her through. They walked in silence until Izabella melted through the gates and turned to face Lucius sharply.

“What's going on?” she demanded.
“Nothing.” Lucius said, looking at the floor. She sighed and rolled her eyes, turning on her heel and striding off. A hand grabbed her arm and Lucius spun her round to face him.

“Whatever happens, you have to know I love you. Even if you don't feel the same.” he said desperately. Izabella's face softened in concern.
“Just tell me Lucius. I can help you.” she whispered. He shook his head and let go of her.
“I'll see you soon.” he said, smiling weakly. Izabella watched him walk back into the house and sighed quietly.
Then she looked up at the dimming sun, took a deep breath and disapparated.