View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 09:09 PM   #215 (permalink)
ThePureBloodPrincess
Slytherin
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Megara Kostas
First Year

Chapter Forty-One - Needing Answers
“Harry? Can I have a word please?” Izabella called as the fifth years packed away their books and rushed to the door to head down to the Great Hall for lunch.

She caught the annoyed glance Harry threw at Hermione, but Hermione just looked at Izabella with hope. Her and Ron left the room slowly and Harry turned to face Izabella unwillingly. She moved around the front of her desk and folded her arms.

“Are you okay?” she said gently. He nodded sharply, looking down at the floor. She sighed and walked over to him, sitting on the egde of the table next to him. “You know you can talk to me about anything?”

“I know.” Harry said quietly. She put a hand on his shoulder gently.
“What's bothering you?”
Harry looked up at her, and for a moment he stood with his mouth open then he shook his head and looked down at the floor.

“Is this about what happened with Professor Snape?”
“How did you-”
“He told me.”
Harry mumbled incoherently under his breath and Izabella sighed.

“Look Harry. As much as he tries to hide it, Severus does care about you. He was just a little... annoyed.”
Harry shook his head.
“He was furious.” he said quietly.
“He was embarrassed.” Izabella explained gently. Harry sighed and looked up at Izabella with a concerned expression.

“Did my parents love each other?”
Izabella frowned and laughed slightly.
“Of course they did Harry.”

“But... The way she spoke to him... All they did was argue.”
“Do you love Ron and Hermione?”
“Yes but-”
“Do you have arguments with them sometimes?”
“Yes but-”
“Me and Sirius always have disagreements but we love each other.”
“I know.” Harry said impatiently.

“It's natural Harry. Besides, they were only fifteen and your mother hadn't realised she was in love with James yet.” she said, gazing out of the window and smiling to herself.

“What was my dad like?” Harry asked, his head bent down and staring at his feet as he scuffed them on the floor.
“A bit of a prat for a while.” Izabella said with a chuckle.

Harry sighed and looked down at the floor, his shoulders hunched over slightly. He bent down and picked up his bag, swinging it over his shoulder.

“Thanks Izabella. I'll see you later.” he mumbled.
“Harry.” Izabella called, Harry turning in the doorway and looking back at her impatiently. “I'm always here if you need to talk.” she said gently.
He nodded and smiled weakly then left the classroom.

Izabella sat on the desk, staring at the door he had just left through and biting her lip hard. Something was wrong, but she couldn't work out what.

Eventually, she wandered down to the Great Hall and picked at her lunch absent-mindedly before returning to her final lessons.

As Izabella made her way back to her bedroom at the end of the day, she groaned as there were suddenly screams and shouts coming from the corridors above her. She ran up the stairs quickly, diving through the crowds of students which had started to gather. Izabella reached the fifth floor and stopped suddenly, narrowly avoiding a thick substance that completely covered the whole of the corridor. She looked around at the packed corridor and sighed.

“Crabbe. Goyle. Don't even think about it.” she yelled as the fifth years began to push each other into the gloopy swamp. Izabella noticed Umbridge across the hallway and smiled to herself at the look of horror on her face.

There were more shouts from the Entrance Hall and the crowd turned quickly, Izabella running amongst the students to get to the first floor.

Fred and George Weasley stood in the middle of the Entrance Hall, a large circle of people surrounding them. Umbridge descended the stairway in front of the twins. Izabella pushed forward, the crowd parting and joined Ron and Hermione at the edge of the staircase.

“So,” Umbridge said, her voice echoing across the Hall. “You thought it would be funny to turn the school into a swamp did you?”
“Yeah we did actually.” Fred replied coolly.

Suddenly Harry appeared next to Izabella.
“What's going on?” he whispered in a hushed voice.
Izabella turned to him and frowned slightly, wondering how he could have missed the action and gestured towards Fred and George who were standing looking at Umbridge with confident expressions.

“You know Fred, I think we've outgrown this place.”
“I think you're right George.”
The two boys lifted their wands and suddenly two broomsticks came flying above the heads of students. The twins jumped onto the brooms and waved at the crowd.

“Give her hell from us Peeves!” Fred yelled as they rose in the air and turned to fly out of the open doors.
“Stop them!” Umbridge cried but her voice was drowned out by the overwhelming cries of the students as they all rushed forward to watch Fred and George fly out of Hogwarts grounds.

Izabella turned to watch Umbridge. She was bright red with fury and was practically shaking with rage. Chuckling to herself, Izabella grinned and peeled away from the crowd, returning to her bedroom and shutting her door on the noise of the celebrations in the corridors.