View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 06:25 AM   #199 (permalink)
ThePureBloodPrincess
Slytherin
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Megara Kostas
First Year

Sorry about all the short chapters guys, I'll try and give you a long one soon!

Chapter Thirty-Seven - Occlumency
Izabella leant against the open doorway of Snape's office, her eyebrow arched as she looked around the gloomy room. Her first day back had passed quickly and uneventfully, probably due to the fact that she had avoided Umbridge all day, and she had came straight to see her brother once her day had ended.

Snape was sat at his desk, his head bent low over a pile of parchments. Izabella watched him for a moment and smiled, then strode into the room and perched on the edge of a desk in front of her brother.

“No wonder you're always so miserable. This room is depressing.”
Snape rolled his eyes and placed his quill down.
“Do you actually want something Izabella? Or are you just here to annoy me?” he asked, sighing.

“Can't I just come and talk to my own brother nowadays?” she said, folding her arms. He looked at her and raised an eyebrow. She rolled her eyes.
“Fine. I just came to tell you, that if I hear Harry complaining about these lessons, you'll have to answer to me.” she warned.

“I've already had this lecture of your boyfriend.” Snape said in a bored voice.
“I mean it Sev. I worry about him enough. I don't need to be wondering if you're torturing him every Monday night.”
Snape rolled his eyes.
“I treat all my students the same.”
Izabella laughed loudly.
“You can't kid a kidder Sev.” she said shaking her head at him. Snape was sat in his chair, looking at Izabella with a calculating expression.

“What?” she asked self-consciously.
“Why did you meet Lucius?” he asked in a quiet voice.
“I needed to ask him about that necklace.” she said defensively.
“Izabella.” Snape sighed. “He is a Death Eater. You cannot trust him.”
“I can.” she said weakly. “He promised not to tell anyone.”
“Maybe he did, but either way he couldn't hide his thoughts from the Dark Lord.”

Izabella bit her lip and looked at the floor guiltily.
“You don't think Lucius would get in trouble... if he found out?”
Snape looked at her for a long moment then sighed.
“I don't know Izabella.”

She chewed her lip nervously as Snape walked round his desk to stand in front of her.
“Look, you don't want to be getting involved with Lucius Malfoy right now. Just stick with Black. He'll be good to you and look after you.” Snape avoided her eyes, staring intently at the wall as he finished his sentence.

Izabella grinned.
“Did you just compliment Sirius?”
Snape rolled his eyes and raised an eyebrow at her.
“Don't tell him. We'll never be able to deflate that arrogant head of his.”

Izabella chuckled, turning as she heard Harry appear in the doorway, his head hung low and scuffing his feet noisily.
“Evening Harry.” Izabella said cheerfully, making her way over to him.
“Oh. Hi Izabella.” he said, frowning slightly as she placed a hand on his shoulder and pulled him to the side of the room.

“What did Sirius say? Yesterday, when you were saying goodbye?”
Harry hesitated, shifting slightly.
“Nothing really. Just have a good term and be careful.”
Izabella waited, tapping her foot slightly against the cold stone floor until he cracked.

“Fine... He asked me to keep an eye on you. He said he was worried and he needed someone watching you at all times.”
Izabella narrowed her eyes, her jaw clenching.

“Harry I do not want you worrying about me okay? You're the most important thing right now.” she said firmly. She looked down into his green eyes and smiled gently.

“I know he's a pain,” she said gesturing her head towards Snape. “But it's really important for you to learn Occlumency Just bite your tongue and do what he says.”
He nodded slightly and she patted him on the back.
“Good luck.”

He smiled weakly and placed his bag on the floor, turning to face Snape apprehensively.
“See you later Sev.” Izabella called, grinning as he pursed his lips. She waved casually as she left the room, shutting the door as they began their private lesson.