View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 10:03 PM   #194 (permalink)
ThePureBloodPrincess
Slytherin
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Megara Kostas
First Year

Chapter Thirty-Six - We Never Say Goodbye, Always See You Later
In the days before the return to Hogwarts, Izabella spent her time glued to Sirius' side. They were inseparable and the whole house noticed how in love they seemed. Lupin was often caught watching them with a wide smile on his face. Harry enjoyed spending his time with his godparents and for once, no one wanted to go back to Hogwarts.

Mr Weasley and Izabella were both recovering well from their injuries; although Izabella was still caked in bruises, she was able to move more easily and Sirius didn't have to be as delicate when he was hugging her, which was frequently. Even Kreacher was in a better mood and hardly mumbled insults at all during their stay.

As the morning of their departure rose, Izabella rolled over in bed and sighed. Her head found Sirius' warm body and she nuzzled against his bare chest, smiling. Sirius had woken before her and had been watching her sleep. He wrapped his arms around her shoulder and held her close, his lips brushing against her forehead softly.

“Morning beautiful.” he whispered. Izabella pressed her face against his skin, clenching her eyes closed and refusing to wake up. Sirius chuckled and stroked her arm with his fingertips lightly.

With a loud sigh, Izabella sat up, blinking against the morning light. Sirius grinned as he caught sight of her messy hair which stuck up in knots around her face and Izabella shoved him, almost pushing him off the bed.

“Shut up.” she growled. “You don't look amazing in the morning either.”
Sirius laughed and pulled her towards him, pinning her down beneath him and tickling her furiously.
“Sirius! Don't!” Izabella complained amongst her giggles.

He chuckled and stopped, looking down at her with a smile. She beamed up at him then threw her arms around his neck and pulled his lips onto hers.

There was a crash downstairs and they turned their heads to the door as Mrs Weasley's voice could be heard amongst the screams of Mrs Black.

“We'd better get downstairs.” Izabella said.
Sirius sighed and swung his legs out of the bed, pulling on a t-shirt and changing his pyjama bottoms for a pair of jeans.

Izabella pulled on a set of dark green robes then sat down at the dressing table and brushed through her hair. Tying a band around her hair as she piled it into a bun on the top of her head, she smiled at Sirius in the mirror as he approached her and placed his hands on her shoulders. He leant down and kissed her neck gently. Izabella turned on her stool and looked down at the floor.

“I'll miss you.” she said quietly. He placed a hand under her chin and lifted her face.
“I'll miss you more.” he said, grinning as she rolled her eyes. She stood up and entwined her arms around him, smiling as she felt his lips on her forehead, her neck and her hair.

They released each other as there was a knock on the door and they turned to smile at Harry.
“Mrs Weasley told me to check you were awake.” Harry said, grinning. “Oh, and have you seen Ron's Potions book? He can't find it anywhere.”
“There was a pile of books in the drawing room yesterday.” Izabella suggested as Sirius waved his wand at her luggage and levitated it down the stairs for her.

She glanced once more around her bedroom, checking she hadn't left anything then shut the door and made her way into the kitchen.

Surprisingly, the house was calm and orderly. There was a pile of trunks and cages by the front door and everyone was sat around the table, helping themselves to toast, as Mrs Weasley sorted through lonely socks and books which had spread across the house since their arrival.

Lupin, Tonks and Mad-Eye arrived and everyone was hurried into goodbyes. Izabella narrowed her eyes slightly as she watched Sirius pull Harry to the side for a moment. He soon lead him back towards the group and patted his back.

“...So if Snape tries anything-”
“Harry will come and see me and I will have a calm discussion with my brother.” Izabella interrupted firmly. Harry grinned and gave Sirius one last hug, smiled at Izabella then followed the rest out of the house to wait for the Knight Bus.

Izabella and Mrs Weasley waved from the top step as they boarded the bus then went back inside the hallway. Mr and Mrs Weasley had their bags packed; they were returning to the Burrow and after hugs for Izabella and handshakes for Sirius they went out onto the top step, thanking Sirius again for his hospitality, then disapparated.

Izabella shut the door and turned to face Sirius, who was leaning against the staircase with a small smile on his face. He held out his arms and Izabella gladly fell into them, snugly fitting against his chest.

“I'll see you soon.” he said, his chin resting on her head. Izabella bit her lip, hiding her face against his shoulder.
“Sirius... I don't want you to come to Hogwarts again.” she said quietly. He held her at arms length and looked down at her with a frown.
“Why not?”
“It isn't safe. Especially after the other night. Lucius has seen you twice now.”
“He might not know it was me.” Sirius mumbled.

Izabella sighed and tilted her head slightly as she looked at him. He rolled his eyes.
“Fine.” he snapped.
Pouting slightly as she looked up at him, Izabella pressed a hand against his cheek.

“I love you.” she said.
He looked at her for a moment then pulled her into a bone-crushing hug.
“I love you too.” he said in her ear.

She smiled then pulled back her head to press her lips against his reverently. Their mouths encased each others for a moment then he yielded her from his grasp and she picked up her trunk, dragging it onto the front step. She looked back at him and smiled then disapparated quickly. Sirius was alone once more.

Izabella hurried up through the gates and into the castle. She went straight to her room and dumped her trunk in the corner then made her way into the Great Hall just before students starting to pour in through the oak front doors.

She took a seat, smiling at Snape and spotting his fleeting expression as he caught sight of the lily pendant around her neck. She relaxed when she laid eyes on Harry and the others taking their place at the Gryffindor table, then yet again became tense as the girlish, high-pitched laughter hit her ears.
It was going to be a long term.