View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 10:10 PM   #183 (permalink)
ThePureBloodPrincess
Slytherin
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Megara Kostas
First Year

Chapter Thirty-Four - Light Will Always Follow The Thunder
The hotel was only a short walking distance from the house, but Izabella was glad that the rain held off. When she walked into the large reception area, the door being held open for her by the concierge, her mouth dropped open slightly at the grandeur of the place.

She glanced around but couldn't spot Lucius so made her way across the marble floor to the front desk, her heels clicking with each step. A young blonde woman smiled up at her from behind the granite surfaced desk.

“Good evening Madam.” she said politely. Izabella smiled.
“I'm looking for a man... He's got blonde hair, quite tall...” she faded off as she realized her description wasn't all that helpful. The woman laughed and stood up, making her way around to the front of the desk.
“You must be Miss Prince.” she said with a smile. “Mr Malfoy is waiting for you in the bar area, I'll show you.”

Izabella raised an eyebrow slightly then followed her into a dimly lit room, mostly filled with men in suits, smoking cigars and drinking whiskey. The furniture was all made of highly polished dark wood and the floor was coated in a thick, luscious carpet. The bar stretched the length of one side and behind it, were rows of shelves filled with bottles and glasses.

Izabella spotted Lucius at the far end of the bar and turned to the young woman with a smile.
“Thank you for you help.” Izabella said graciously. She nodded and smiled, then made her way out of the room leaving Izabella to approach Lucius. She coughed quietly as she reached him and he turned and stood up quickly.

“Izabella.” he smiled and took her hand, making to kiss it, but Izabella yanked it out of his grasp and sat down, slamming her bag onto the bar. Lucius returned to his seat, watching Izabella warily.

“Do you know what this is?” she asked firmly, opening her bag and revealing the glittering necklace.
“It's the necklace the Dark Lord gave you isn't it?” Lucius asked, frowning slightly. Izabella laughed humourlessly.
“Yes. It is the cursed necklace he gave me.” she said bitterly, closing her bag and folding her arms tightly.

“It was cursed?”
“Yes Lucius. As soon as Harry or... anyone involved with Harry made eye contact with me, I wanted to kill them.” she explained, watching his face carefully.
“So? It wouldn't exactly of been a problem if Potter were to die.”
“Obviously, but it might of blown my cover.”

He looked at her for a moment, his face doubtful.
“Does this involve Sirius Black?”
Izabella rolled her eyes and sighed heavily.
“Lucius we have been through this. I don't know where he is.” she said in a tired voice.

He leant forward and placed a hand on her shoulder, squeezing gently but Izabella let out a small cry of pain at his touch.
“What is it?” he asked in a panicked voice. Izabella bit her lip for a moment then took off her coat and threw it over the back on the chair, then she reached up and slowly removed the scarf. Lucius stared at her injuries in horror then looked up at her face.

“Izabella...” he whispered softly.
“Did you know about the necklace?” she asked him, her voice low.
“No! Of course I didn't.” Lucius protested.
“Don't lie to me Lucius!” Izabella turned to see people glancing their way and lowered her voice. “Were you involved?”

“No Izabella!” He took her hand and looked straight into her eyes, his expression pained. “I would never hurt you.”
They looked at each other for a moment then he leant towards her. Their lips brushed together softly before Izabella sighed and sat back, turning to face the bar and replacing the scarf around her neck.

“How did you... get it off?” Lucius asked after a moments pause.
“Dumbledore realised what it was and he and Sev cursed it off... And managed to break three of my ribs in the process.” she added with a sigh. Lucius looked sympathetic and squeezed her leg gently.

“Lucius? Will you do me favour?”
“Anything.” he said immediately, in a quiet voice. Izabella looked up at him.
“Don't tell the Dark Lord I know. I'm going to keep wearing it in front of him. I don't want Severus to get in trouble for taking it off.” Izabella said biting her lip worriedly. Lucius hesitated but then nodded determinedly.

“Of course. I won't tell anyone.”
“Thank you.” she smiled and placed a hand on his cheek gently for a moment. He caught her hand as she went to pull it away and held it tightly.
“Stay for a drink?”
“I don't know... I really should be getting back.”
“Please? Just one.”
“Okay, but only one.” she said with a sigh.

“Well if it gets too late we could always just rent a room...”
She raised an eyebrow, her lips pursed.
“Worth a try,” he said with a grin, chuckling quietly.

Izabella laughed softly and watched him with a small smile on her face as he ordered their drinks. He wasn't a bad person. He just had bad choice in friends.

She smiled then took a sip of her wine.

“So are you looking forward to returning to Hogwarts?” Lucius asked, leaning his elbow on the bar and turning to face her. Izabella shrugged gently and looked into her glass.

“Do you not enjoy it?” he asked in a concerned voice, his forehead crumpling.
“No I do, it's just some of the other teachers infuriate me.” she said, rolling her eyes slightly at the thought of seeing Umbridge again. Lucius laughed quietly.

“Not to mention the students!” Izabella complained. “I never realised before, but no wonder teachers used to hate me. I never stopped talking!”
“They didn't hate you Izabella.” Lucius chuckled. “You were always one of Slughorn's favourite.”
“Only because I was friends with Lily.” she said.

She paused, looking down at the bar and blinking to hold back the tears which threatened to fall.
“You miss her don't you?”
“Of course, she was my best friend.”
“But you understand why she had to die.”

Izabella closed her eyes for a moment then shook her head.
“No I don't.” she whispered.
She looked up at Lucius, her jaw clenched tightly and he sighed quietly.
“She chose to protect to her son-”
“So you wouldn't protect Draco if the Dark Lord was going to kill him?” she demanded.
“Of course I would.”
“But you don't deserve to die.”
“Neither does Draco.”

Izabella paused and looked at him, her forehead creased slightly. His grey eyes looked back at her, his expression soft.
“He's my son. How could I live with myself if I didn't save him? If Lily had stood aside... she'd never of been able to forgive herself.”
Izabella turned away from him.

“I guess you have to have children to understand.” she said bitterly, gulping down the rest of her wine and pulling on her coat, wincing slightly at the twist of her ribs. Lucius watched her, his face pitiful, then held up her coat, helping her to put it on.

“Thank you.” she mumbled. She opened her bag and reached for her purse but Lucius placed a hand on her arm.
“I'll get it.” he said throwing a handful of Muggle money down onto the bar. She smiled up at him gratefully then linked her arm around his as he offered it graciously.

They left the dark bar arm in arm and walked across the marble floor slowly. As they reached the revolving doors, a low rumble echoed across London followed by a bright flash of lightning. Izabella sighed and wrapped her coat around her tightly as they stepped out into the chilly night.

“I'd better go before the rain comes.” Izabella said, looking up at the dark sky then around the busy street. She gasped quietly as she caught sight of the black dog sitting across the street and watching her intently. Lucius followed her gaze and his body tensed. Cursing silently, Izabella stepped in front of him and smiled radiantly.

“Thank you. I had a really wonderful night.” she gushed, putting a hand on his arm. He dragged his eyes away from the dog and smiled down at her.
“Me too. We should do it more often.” he suggested. Izabella smiled and nodded slightly.
“I'd like that.” She reached up and kissed his cheek softly.

He wrapped his arms around her and hugged her gently. He placed his hands on her waist delicately and he didn't press any of her injuries, unlike Sirius and his clumsy hands. She sighed before pulling away as another spark of light illuminated the sky.

“I need to go.”
“I could walk you home? Where are you staying?” he said innocently.
“Nice try Lucius.” she said shaking her head slightly.

He smiled and she laughed quietly, kissing his cheek once more then turning and heading down the street quickly where she could just make out the outline of a shaggy dog, waiting for her on the street corner. She glanced back at Lucius, but he had gone, so she hurried towards the dog.

“You are in so much trouble.” she mumbled as she reached Sirius. He walked beside her, his tail wagging as he rushed to keep up with her fast pace.
The heavens suddenly opened and the rain began to fall, thick droplets hitting her hard and soaking through her clothes. They reached Grimauld Place and Sirius hurried in, shaking his fur as Izabella stormed into the hallway, her hands on her hips and her expression stern.