View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 05:11 PM   #178 (permalink)
ThePureBloodPrincess
Slytherin
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Megara Kostas
First Year

Chapter Thirty-Three - Trust
When Izabella woke, the weak sunlight that was creeping through the curtains was dimming, yet was casting shadows too far across the room for it to be morning sunshine. She sat up, her sore body twinging in protest, and glanced at the clock, shocked to see it was past three in the afternoon.

Izabella swung her legs over the side of the bed. Her head was fuzzy from sleep and her eyes were slightly glued together. She rubbed at them ferociously then stood up, swaying from the rush of blood. Gingerly, she crossed the room and picked up a woolly cardigan, pulling it around her shoulders. She opened the door, her shoulder tender, and slowly made her way downstairs.

“Afternoon,” she said with a weak smile as she walked into the kitchen. Everybody turned and beamed at her as she sat down delicately, her legs wobbling.

“Hello Sleeping Beauty.” Sirius said grinning. “I thought you'd never wake up.”
She smiled and he reached across the table, kissing her cheek gently.
“How are you feeling?” Lupin asked her, his face concerned. Izabella moved her arm slightly as a sharp pain flew through her side and attempted to shift in her seat without looking suspicious.

“I'm fine actually. I don't feel anything.” she lied, with a small shrug. “Thank you Molly.” she said as a large sandwich was placed in front of her.

Mr Weasley caught her eye from across the table and smiled understandingly. She smiled back then lowered her eyes to her food, devouring it quickly as her stomach rumbled.

“Well you've got a few days before you need to go back to Hogwarts, so you can just rest.” said Sirius as he poured her a drink and handed it to her.
Izabella took a sip and hesitated.

“Actually I'm meeting Lucius today.” she said quietly. Sirius froze and looked at her in disbelief.
“You've got to be kidding me?” he said, staring at her. She shook her head and kept her eyes low.
“I want to know if he was involved,” she said simply.

Sirius opened his mouth, his face becoming angry but Lupin intervened quickly.
“Izabella you can't. Then he'll know that you understand about the necklace and most probably tell Voldemort.”
Sirius nodded triumphantly but Izabella just shrugged.
“I need to know.” she said quietly.
“Why?” Sirius asked in a pained voice. Izabella looked at him with pleading eyes.
“Just trust me.” she said quietly, placing her hand on top of his. He looked at her for a moment then sighed and pulled his hand away.

“What happened between you and Malfoy?” Harry asked suspiciously from his seat at the table. Izabella glanced at Sirius then turned back to Harry and smiled elusively.
“Nothing, we were friends in school. Our families were in the same circle and knew each other.” she smiled then stood up, hiding her flinch of pain.

“I love you.” she whispered as she leant down carefully and kissed Sirius' cheek softly. He grunted a reply and she smiled before returning back upstairs. She opened the door to Ron and Harry's bedroom and walked over to the wardrobe.

“Pig.” she called, holding out an Owl Treat until the small bird flew down and landed on her arm. She smiled and stroked him gently as she carried him back to her room. Grabbing a piece of parchment and a quill she perched by her desk and scribbled a note.

I need to see you,
Izabella.

“Take this to Lucius Malfoy please.” she said to the tiny owl as she fastened the note to his leg. He chirped and nipped her finger in reply then she carried him over to the open window and allowed him to soar out.

She watched the bird become a dot in the distance then turned and leant on the windowsill. She chewed her lip nervously, staring at a point on the floor with a blank expression. Izabella kept glancing out of the window, checking if Pig had returned with a reply.

He won't say no. He can't say no, Izabella thought to herself.
She glanced at the window once more then sighed and moved over to the wardrobe. She pulled off her pyjamas then caught sight of herself in the mirror. She gasped and recoiled from her reflection.

Her ribs and the side of her waist were covered in black and purple blotchy patches. Her chest and neck were covered in a burn mark, bruised around the edges where the necklace had choked her. A tear fell down her cheek as she looked at her beaten body and she shuddered slightly.

Turning her back on the mirror she pulled out a simple black dress. She carefully pulled the dress on and checked the mirror. It fitted her well, falling just below her knee. The sleeves were long and the dress covered most of the burn on her chest but she would still need a scarf to cover her neck.

Izabella rushed to the window as the small bird returned, his feathers ruffled and wobbling slightly from the long journey. She stroked him as she pulled the note from his leg.

Meet me at The Dorchester Hotel at five o'clock.
Lucius.

She smiled then turned to the clock. 4 o'clock. She placed the note on the desk then pulled out a black knee-length mac coat and a green scarf. She checked her reflection and that her injuries were all covered up. Satisfied, she picked up Pig and walked down the corridor. She opened the door to Harry's bedroom and placed him inside.

“Thank you Pig.” she said as the bird chirped and flew up to join Hedwig on top of the wardrobe. Izabella continued downstairs and made her way into the kitchen, grabbing her bag from the hallway.

She walked over to the side where the necklace lay on the table. Picking it up with a look of disgust she threw it into her bag then turned to find Sirius standing close behind her.

He looked at her, his mouth clenched shut tightly.
“Sirius please.” she begged.
“Just be quick,” he warned, holding out his arms to her. She smiled and melted against him, shifting so her bruises weren't being touched. “But if you're in pain you shouldn't go.” he said in a concerned voice, moving his hands away from her. She shook her head quickly.

“Nothing hurts.” she lied. Sirius raised his eyebrow but she just smiled and leaned in to kiss his cheek. “Just trust me.” she whispered. He nodded and stroked her face gently.
She said goodbye to the room then left Grimauld Place and headed down the street slowly.

Last edited by ThePureBloodPrincess; 05-08-2011 at 10:32 PM.