View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 04:41 PM   #173 (permalink)
ThePureBloodPrincess
Slytherin
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Megara Kostas
First Year

Chapter Thirty-Two - Curses And Carresses
Izabella landed steadily on the patch of grass outside the front of Grimauld Place. She looked up at the tall building and smiled. The night had begun to fall and there was a breeze which made the hairs on her arms raise slightly.

She hurried across the road, her arms wrapped around herself for warmth, and knocked on the door softly, glancing around the street. Harry opened the door and smiled when he saw her.

“You're back early.” he said joyfully. Izabella's mood had suddenly evaporated. She felt angry. Harry saw her expression and frowned. “Are you okay? What's happened?” he said urgently.
Izabella sighed and squeezed past him into the hallway.

“I'm fine.” she said coldly as she walked straight into the kitchen, her eyes searching for Sirius. She spotted him and she smiled. He was lounging in a chair, pretending to laugh but Izabella could tell he was miserable. His shoulders were tense and raised high and his hands were clenched in fists. She sighed quietly and then he turned and looked at her. Izabella glared at him and stalked off, grabbing a glass and filling it with water.

Harry exchanged a worried look with Sirius.
“Is everything okay Izabella?” Lupin said gently, watching her through narrowed eyes.
“Yes. Why wouldn't it be?” she snapped defensively.
Sirius rolled his eyes.
“Here we go, protecting darling Malfoy...” he said arching an eyebrow. Izabella curled her lip and the glass slid out of her hand, thousands of shards skidding across the kitchen floor.

“Watch your mouth Sirius.” she said darkly. Izabella had black shadows beneath her eyes and her face seemed paler. He laughed harshly.
“So are you a full time Death Eater now?”
Izabella withdrew her wand in a flash and hurled a jinx at Sirius who jumped backwards. Lupin managed to deflect the spell in time, as Sirius' wand lay on the table, and the two men stood watching her in disbelief. The others in the room turned to stare as Izabella breathed heavily, her breath raspy. She pulled off her cloak as her face had become flushed and red.

“What's that?” Lupin said suspiciously, gazing at the glowing necklace.
“Looks like a necklace to me.” Izabella said sarcastically, but her forehead creased for a moment as she noticed the jewels were gleaming more brightly than before.
“From Malfoy?” said Sirius bitterly.
“The Dark Lord actually.” she replied with a false smile.

Lupin and Sirius were still stood in a braced position, watching her closely. Sirius moved to the table, keeping his eyes on her and retrieved his wand.
“Of course. Malfoy wouldn't buy you something like that... You are just some girl to him. He doesn't love you.” Sirius said brutally.

A shriek escaped Izabella's lips and she rushed towards Sirius, her hands clawed, until she was stopped by an invisible wall and she stumbled backwards. She stupidly attempted to walk through the barrier again, but once more she was thrown back.

Everyone in the room turned to see Dumbledore framed in the doorway, looking powerful and monumental. Snape stood slightly behind him, his face screwed up in concern.

A small snarl passed Izabella's lips as she narrowed her eyes at Dumbledore. He took a few steps towards her and held up his hands looking at Izabella but keeping his gaze away from her eyes.

“Izabella,” he said in a calm voice. “Take off the necklace please.”
“No.” Izabella said frowning, backing off from the approaching Dumbledore.
“You will feel better.” he promised, his voice gentle as if talking to a young child. Izabella shook her head and her hand clung to the gold around her throat.

“Izabella please.” Snape said, his voice breaking slightly as he stepped towards her. She looked up at her brother and her expression softened, her grip loosening on the jewellery. She trusted him. “Take it off and hand it to me.”
Izabella nodded slightly and lifted her hands to the clasp at the back but suddenly it was tightening. She coughed and spluttered, pulling at the metal but it continued to restrict around her throat.

“Izzy!”
“Izabella!”

Voices were shouting her name but they were becoming dim. Her vision was blurry and her face was growing steadily redder.
A curse hit her chest hard and she was lifted from the ground slightly, then another curse hit her in the abdomen and she flew backwards, hitting the cupboards and the sink hard, her back bending unnaturally and her ribs making a painful crack.
The clasp around her throat had broken and was lying beside her limp body, the emeralds dull and lifeless. Dumbledore picked it up and examined it closely, but he seemed satisfied for some reason, as if it wasn't as dangerous as it could have been.

Izabella could feel hands on her aching body but was too weak to respond to the worried voices. A caressing hand placed a wet cloth on her over-heated forehead whilst another pair of hands traced her neck and collar bone, muttering incantations under his breath. Her body was sore but her chest felt lighter. She felt as though she could breathe properly again, although doing so made her broken ribs throb in agony.

She opened her eyes slowly and winced as Sirius pulled her into a hug.
“Sorry!” he said, biting his lip apologetically and lowering her slightly but still keeping her in his arms, her head resting on his leg. Snape's worried face appeared above hers as his wand stroked her neck, leaving a warm feeling on her skin where it touched, and she smiled up at him weakly.

“Thank you.” she whispered in a hoarse voice. He looked down at her with gentle eyes and sighed.
“It's usually you who has to help me.” he said, his voice slightly amused. Izabella attempted a grin but it appeared as more of a grimace.

“What is that thing?” Lupin asked Dumbledore, looking at the gold metal with deep disgust. There was a pause and Izabella tried to sit up so as to listen.

“It was charmed to turn Izabella against us all. She was supposed to detest us all the moment she saw us. It made her feel loyal to the Malfoy family and to Voldemort and eventually would of made her try and kill us... And it very nearly worked. Once you made eye contact with her the charm was cast and her feelings towards you changed.” he explained, still looking closely at the necklace.

“How come it didn't work properly?” Sirius asked as he brushed his fingers through Izabella's hair softly.
Dumbledore smiled.
“Love.” he said simply. “Her love for you all could outshine any charm, no matter how powerful.”

Dumbledore looked down at Izabella over the top of his glasses and smiled.
“You are remarkable.” he said to her, bowing his head in respect.
She blushed slightly and smiled in response.

Sirius and Snape glanced at each other from either side of Izabella. They made eye contact for a moment then both nodded curtly and looked back down at her. Izabella giggled, then immediately regretted it as a pain shot through her side.

“As that is a curse injury I am afraid there is nothing to do but rest.” Dumbledore said, sighing sympathetically. “Also, you will need to wear the necklace in front of Voldemort. Severus knows how it works and will make sure you are safe at all times.”

Izabella nodded then looked to Snape.
“Do you want me to stay?” he asked quietly but she shook her head.
“Go. I'll see you soon.” she said with a smile. He leant down and kissed her cheek briefly then followed Dumbledore to the kitchen doorway.

“We shall see you at Hogwarts.” Dumbledore said with a final nod before they left Grimauld Place. Lupin rushed forward as Izabella tried to stand up.

Amongst many flinches of pain she finally achieved it, but her legs were so weak she had to wrap an arm around Sirius' neck and let him practically carry up to her room.
Harry cast her a worried look but she placed a hand on his cheek as she passed him.
“I'll be fine. Don't worry.” she said in a quiet voice and he nodded slightly and smiled.

Sirius laid her gently on the bed, placing a blanket over her, then perched next to her.
“Anything I can get you?” he asked, stroking her arm gently. Izabella shook her head. There was a silence.

“I'm sorry about-”
“Don't.” he interrupted her, closing his eyes. She bit her lip slightly and looked away from him as tears threatened to fall. He lifted her hand and carefully placed the sapphire ring into position. She glanced down at it and smiled then gestured for him to come closer. Izabella put her arms around his neck and pulled him into a kiss. He placed a hand on her waist and she cringed.

“Ouch.” she said quietly as he pulled his hand back and apologised repeatedly. She chuckled gently.
“I'll let you get some rest.” he smiled, leaning down to kiss her forehead, careful to keep his hands away from her injuries, then stood up and walked over to the door.

“Sirius?” she said, her voice straining as she raised it about a whisper. “I love you.”
“I love you too.” He turned at the doorway and they looked at each other for a moment before Sirius left, shutting the door gently.

Izabella clutched her stomach in pain, noticing a twinge in her shoulder. Her dress was itchy against her skin so she tried to get up, grimacing at the pain. She slid the dress over her arms carefully then slithered it off her body. Stepping out of it she picked up her warm pyjamas and pulled them on then gently lowered herself back into bed and gladly fell into a deep sleep.

Last edited by ThePureBloodPrincess; 05-08-2011 at 10:31 PM.