View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 07:56 AM   #22 (permalink)
Nordic Witch

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyLunaGinnyPotter View Post
[COLOR="Purple"]
"You too," Lucy smiled. "Yup, that's basically it." Grin. "Cool - so we might be working more together, then?" It seemed like they would anyway, right?
Lucy seemed like a woman that Clarissa could grew quite fond of and develop a close friendship with whilst the worked on different cases together. If it happened it would be the first one in many years. With a slight nod she said "Yes, it looks like it. How long have you worked for the ministry?" If Lucy had ministry job experience then maybe Clarissa could get advice from her if she got herself into a situation with a grim outlook for a creature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanaa ツ View Post
Magical Creatures were a very unlucky department.

Not only had her shower broken that morning, but Alyss had discovered that she'd run out of milk, therefore wasn't able to have cereal and therefore ruining her morning schedule. Pushing the door to her new workplace open, she took a sour look around. There were an awful lot of women. Not that she would prefer to be around men. Men were useless and... Loyal. Like dogs. But that meant they'd always be around. Pushing a piece of stray hair out of her face, Alyss moved fully into the room and let the door shut - rather loudly - behind her.

Attempting a friendly face, she moved to the cubicle that had her name attached to, and dumped her things inside of it. Throughout the day/week/month/all the time she worked there, the cubicle would probably become like a second home to her, there would even be blankets appearing at some time, betraying the fact that she worked late into the nights. Sitting down in the chair, she attempted to subtly lower the height. She couldn't work in a chair that didn't let her feet touch the floor now, could she?!
Clarissa was going to go over and settle into her cubicle and make it less impersonal when the door to the work place shut rather loudly. Turning to look at the newcomer it took no genius to see that the brown haired woman wasn't enjoying a good morning. It was evident by the sour line that was her mouth. Pulling back her big red hair with a clam Clarissa shot the woman a friendly smile asking "Rough morning? I'm Clarissa. Disposal of dangerous creatures senior officer." Hopefully the brown haired woman wouldn't snap at her for making polite conversation it was too early in the day for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugglemad View Post
"Creatures like doxys or gnomes" Katalin told Clarissa, "Do you want to see pictures of my family?" she asked her.
Doxys and gnomes?

Right, generic house pests that every home all over the plant had met and battled at least once or twice. Not wanting to be rude Clarissa nodded in answer to Kaitlins offer "Sure, I'd like to see your family." As long as the tree isn't as large as the Weasley's of old. Then it would take all morning and she had files waiting for her attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosiana Price View Post

"Dragons," His eyes twinkled for a second.

Erik nodded and smiled back, again. "Nice to meet you too, Clarissa. I'll be part of the Beast Division, I believe. I'm a Dragon Research Head Officer." he shrugged as he took another bite of his apple. "It would be nice to work with different magical creatures, but they assigned me to dragons," noticing he said something quite mean, he added quickly, "Not that I don't like my job! I am totally happy with it! Dragons are my favorite above all..."

"I'm really quite new with the Ministry way, so is it alright if I get some advice from you from time to time? You seem to have a lot of experience here. But no worries, I won't bug you when you're busy," he chuckled.
A dragon enthusiast? Perfect just like my cousin Patric. *sigh* Hopefully this guy didn't eat and sleep dragons. He was a Head officer which meant he had an equal position in the department to her own. "If i ever need an extra hand with a creature case I'll be sure to ask you for your help." Beam, so far there was only one man in the department and Clarissa knew that it would only work in her favour to be friends with Erik.

Nodding she smiled "That would be okay yes. I don't mind giving out advice to those who seek it. If it's important and can't wait then feel free to bug me even if i'm in the middle of something." Clarissa sucked up the compliments about being an experienced ministry employee without a second thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon_Shadow View Post
Katrina walked into the room, and she immediately spotted her name written in bold letters on a piece of parchment on her desk. 'This must be where my cubicle is' she thought to herself. She plunked her stuff down, and began to decorate her workspace. A little glitter here, some feathers here, and viola! A personalized work space. No where do thsoe people get those color changing signs?
The work area door shut again but this time no man or woman came over to them. It made Clarissa think that a ghost had been meddling with the door but when a woman appeared in a cubicle that she hadn't met before she just took it as another employee. She didn't think more of it. The woman would probably come over to the rest of them when she had decorated her cubicle.

SPOILER!!: Erica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottiepot View Post
After straightening her cream dress, Miss Radley, or Erica as she would much prefer to be called walked into the work cubicles, eyeing the room as she walked through, taking note of anything that had found itself in somewhere where it shouldn't be. Not much had changed since she had left it, there were a few minor changes, well one absolutely massive one if you asked Erica. A new department had found its way into level four, HER level as she liked to call it. She clearly disliked the fact that she had to work in close proximity to another department, one that she felt her creature employees could actually manage without the need for a whole new department dedicated to it.

The Blonde smiled what could only be described as a professional smile, appropriate for the time and the place. "Good morning" she nodded curtly towards her employees that seemed to be engrossed in conversation. "Before we proceed to our days work there are a few things I would like to go through with you" she stated, placing one of her folders that were in her arms onto a random work cubicle, no idea who's, and putting her hands on her hips. "Due to a lot of hard work and effort the Ministry has decided that our humble department shall be receiving a pay rise. Over the past few weeks we have been experiencing a lot of trouble from these protests that have been propping up all over the country. The minister thought that we handled the issues carefully, accurately and without trouble and so your pay will be going up shortly" and that was good news for everyone. It felt good to be starting off the day with a good note. And that included the people that had only just arrived into the department.

"For those who don't know me as well yet, my name is Ms Radley, however please call me Erica, I'm not so into the whole formal issues" even though she was a complete and utter organisation bird. "This here is my Phoenix Amadeus. No he's not dangerous, he won't peck you and if you don't fuss him too much he may actually get to like you" Yes that meant dont constantly harrass him with 'wow your pretty' and 'can I pet you?' "You may notice our larger creature holding room. This is NOT a room to randomly explore, you may only go in here with MY permission. There are goodness knows how many dangerous creatures in there and we can NOT afford for them to go missing. Understood?" slightly stern but fair.

"Now. It may have come to your attention.." Or id it hadn't you were a complete and utter dingbat "..That we now share our level with another department. Being the highly respected, far more important and older Department that WE are, I'd like you to show your new neighbours how it is done" Clearly that meant be better than them. "Our tree hugging" Freaks "New neighbours aren't quite so acquainted to the ways of the Ministry, if you find one wandering, shove them in the right direction for me." Yes. Creatures was for her employees eyes only. It was bad enough they had to share a conference room .

"Are there any further questions before we continue?" she asked.

Ms Radley their department head looked in on them some minutes later to give some news and information before they began their days. Sitting down on the edge of her desk Clarissa listed to what Erica had to say. It was a bit of a surprise but a welcome one that everyone in the department would get a pay rise. Clarissa had worked hard all the pervious week handling protests and rescuing creatures from being caught in the middle. It was nice to see that the higher up bosses saw their efforts and gave them something for it.

The creature holding room had been extended but it was not a room to carelessly explore which Clarissa understood without question. The only buisness you had in the creature holding room was to feed and care for the creatures in there or if you needed to move them. Erica had a pheonix called Amadeus on her shoulder which Clarissa assumed they all would see more of in the next coming days. It was clearly the department heads messenger bird.

Oh, so the department they were charing a floor with were tree huggers? Beaming the redhed commented "Of course Erica, I will help our neighbours out if they look lost or accidentally end up in our part of the floor." Tree huggers and environment researchers. Clarissa didn't know what they worked with and really didn't care. Creatures were of bigger importance. "I have some questions but i'll come by your office later and bring them up." The red headed didn't want to prolong the meeting more than neccessary since everyone had work to do.