View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 06:42 AM   #164 (permalink)
ThePureBloodPrincess
Slytherin
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Megara Kostas
First Year

Okay I couldn't wait so I decided to post the next chapter now, even though I am running late for school Hope you like it It's dramatic...

Chapter Thirty - All Is Fair In Love And War
Christmas passed quickly and the snow soon melted and was turned to mush in the early January rain.

The weather appeared to reflect everyone's mood at the imminent return to Hogwarts, especially Sirius who had become foul in the past few days, wallowing around the house and snapping at people for random reasons. He was decent at night, as he and Izabella lay in bed, wrapped in each other's arms, talking and laughing together but as soon as morning rose, he was bad tempered and Izabella had started to avoid him.

One night, a week before they were due to go back to Hogwarts, there was a knock on the door. Izabella was sat with Sirius at the kitchen table, pleasantly surprised at his joyful mood. However as soon as Snape walked through the door, the smile dripped off his face and he became sullen, folding his arms and leaning back in his chair. Izabella sighed then smiled welcomingly at her brother.

“Everything okay?” she asked as he took a seat at the opposite end of the table, ignoring Sirius' glares.
“I need to speak to Potter.” Snape said dryly. Izabella raised an eyebrow questioningly but he didn't elaborate. A tense silence filled the room, until it was broken by a cough from Harry as he stood in the doorway.

“Sit down Potter.” said Snape, sighing impatiently.
“Watch how you speak to my godson.” Sirius warned. Izabella placed a hand on his leg underneath the table, attempting to calm him.
Harry took a seat beside Sirius and looked between the adults curiously.

“I'm here to tell you that Professor Dumbledore wishes for you to learn Occlumency.” Snape annouced. Harry's face was blank.
“What's... Occlu- thing?” he asked confused.
“The art of learning how to block your mind from outside penetration.” said Snape in a bored voice. Harry nodded slightly. “You will have private lessons but will not inform anyone of this. Especially Dolores Umbridge.” he continued, looking down his hooked nose at Harry.

“Okay,” said Harry. “Who's going to be teaching me?”
Snape sneered unpleasantly.
“Me.”
Harry's mouth dropped open and he turned to Sirius for support.
“Why can't Dumbledore teach Harry?” asked Sirius argumentatively.
“Because the Headmaster has more important things to do.” Snape said rolling his eyes and standing up.
“I expect you in my office at six o'clock on Monday evening. If anyone asks,” Snape paused and smiled smugly. “You shall tell them that you are taking remedial Potions.”

Snape walked over to the door, his cloak billowing out behind him as Izabella patted Harry's hand comfortingly.
“Oh, and Izabella? The Dark Lord wishes to see you tomorrow, at one o'clock.” Snape said, turning as he remembered. Izabella nodded. “Do not be late.” he warned raising an eyebrow.

Suddenly Sirius stood up, his jaw tense.
“Hang on a minute Snape.” he said in a low voice.
“What is it Black? I have things to be doing.” said Snape, exasperatedly.
“If I find out that you are using these lessons to intimidate Harry, you will have to answer to me.” Sirius said in a dangerous voice, but Snape merely rolled his eyes.

“I'm terrified.” he said sarcastically, looking at Sirius with tedious eyes.
“I mean it Snivellus.” Sirius said nastily.
Izabella watched the two cautiously; she rose from her chair slowly, her eyes darting to their clenched fists.

“Don't worry. Potter is just as arrogant as his father... Insults just bounce off him.” said Snape, arching an eyebrow.
Sirius pushed back his chair and lunged at Snape, brandishing his wand and pointing it at Snape's chest.

“Sirius no!” Izabella yelled, running between the two men. Harry was beside her, pushing at Sirius' chest as he struggled to get at Snape, whilst Izabella grabbed her brother's arm, attempting to pull him away.
Abruptly the kitchen door opened and the Weasleys and Hermione stood in the doorway.
“Completley cured!” Arthur Weasley announced from his wheelchair.

He stopped as they noticed the frozen scene before them. There was a pause before Snape pulled his arm from his sister's grip and stalked out of the room, slamming the front door behind him.

Sirius straightened up and Izabella and Harry exchanged a dark look. The Weasleys looked curious but Izabella beamed suddenly.

“So you're fine now Arthur?” she asked as everyone poured into the room, taking a place at the table.
Mr Weasley nodded as his wife wheeled him in, smiling broadly.
“Oh yes, Healer Smethwyck found an antidote eventually.” he said, gratefully taking a butterbeer from Sirius.

They all raised their glasses in celebration at Mr Weasley's recovery and enjoyed a large meal, courtesy of Mrs Weasley.

Sirius laughed loudly and shared jokes, but Izabella watched him closely, noticing how miserable he became when he thought no one was looking at him. She sighed and finished picking at her meal.

“Glad to have you back Arthur.” Izabella said, smiling warmly as his wife and Charlie stood either side of him, helping him up the stairs. He beamed in response.
“Goodnight,” he called as he made his way along the corridor slowly.

Izabella smiled and sighed contentedly then turned to face the kitchen, hovering at the bottom of the stairs. She chewed her lip gently, considering sneaking off to bed so she didn't have to face Sirius and his awful mood. She lifted her foot to the next step, but the floorboard creaked noisily and she winced.

“Izzy?” Sirius called out gently.
“Coming.” Izabella responded, sighing internally. She walked back into the kitchen warily, sighing as she saw Sirius sat at the table, his head hung low over his drink. He lifted his face slightly as she entered the room.
“Come here?” he requested quietly, holding out his arms and pulling her onto his lap.
He cradled her softly and Izabella wrapped her arms around his neck, resting her cheek on his head.

“I'm sorry for fighting with your brother.” said Sirius finally. Izabella rolled her eyes.
“It's not me you need to apologise to.”
Sirius bit his lip, holding back his retort. Izabella sighed and stood up, collecting the glasses from the table and walking over to the sink. She placed them on the sideboard and rested her hands on the edge. She jumped slightly as hands wrapped around her waist, Sirius pushing back her hair and kissing her neck.

“Don't go tomorrow.” he begged her, his voice strained. Izabella turned to face him, pressed between his body and the sink.
“What?”
“Please. Don't go.”
Izabella sighed and attempted to move away from him, but he put his hands on her waist and moved his body closer to hers.

“Sirius. You're being stupid.” she said coldly.
“I don't want you to see him!”
“Why? Dumbledore has asked me to do this and I'm not going to let him down. He'll be asking about you and Harry and- What?” she demanded as Sirius shook his head, his jaw tense.
“I don't mean Voldemort.” he said quietly.

Izabella looked into his eyes, her mouth slightly open as a noise of disbelief escaped her lips. She shook her head and looked away from him, staring at the floor.

“Get off me.” she said in a low voice.
“No.”
Izabella looked up, her eyes blazing with anger. She shoved his chest hard, trying to peel his hands off her waist but he just grabbed her arms and held her tighter.

“I don't want you around Malfoy. I don't want him talking to you and I don't want his grubby hands on you either!” he yelled, his face flushing red.
“He's not like that!” Izabella shouted back, struggling to be free from his grip.
“He is sleazy Izabella. He wants you back and no one is going to stop him trying.”
“I will!”

Sirius laughed harshly.
“I doubt that.”
“How dare you!” Izabella screamed. “You've always been like this. The only time you take notice of me is when another man looks at me. I'm sick of it Sirius!”
“Yeah, well I'm sick of you.”

He finally let go of her and she stumbled back slightly. She was still for a moment, then pulled back her arm and slapped him. Hard.

Sirius staggered and held his face with his hand as there was a noise from the doorway. Harry stood in his pyjamas, Ron and Hermione hovering behind him looking worried.

“What's going on?” Harry asked, frowning deeply.
“Nothing.” Sirius said bitterly.
“For once, your godfather is right.” Izabella said nastily. She was breathing heavily, her chest rising and falling rapidly. She lifted up her hand and yanked off the sapphire ring from her finger. “I'm going to bed.” she said as she threw the ring to floor by Sirius' feet.

“Izzy...” he whispered, his face pale.
“Don't even bother to follow me.” she said coldly, glaring at him for a moment before she stormed out of the kitchen.

Ignoring Harry as he tried to call her back, she ran down the corridor and slammed her bedroom door, sprinting to her bed and throwing herself onto it. Lying face down in her pillow, she sobbed gently until she fell asleep into a strange dream. A large black dog was trying to bite her, before a blonde figure saved her, enveloping her in his strong arms. The dog whined until there was a jet of green light and a yelp. Izabella sighed at the peaceful silence and melted into her blonde hero's arms.

Last edited by ThePureBloodPrincess; 05-08-2011 at 10:30 PM.