View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 09:38 PM   #156 (permalink)
ThePureBloodPrincess
Slytherin
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Megara Kostas
First Year

Decided to post the next chapter now Hope you like it, it's another long one!

Chapter Twenty-Nine - Christmas

Izabella woke the next morning, still in her clothes and aching from lying on the cold hard floor all night. She sat up, stretching, and spotted the photograph lying beside her where it had fallen out of her hand as she slept. She picked it up and placed it in the drawer beside her bed gently then stood up.

Wandering over to her trunk, she pulled out a pair of jeans and a jumper and placed them on the bed as she brushed through her hair, tying it up into a ponytail. She changed into her clean clothes then made her way downstairs, hesitating for a moment before pushing open the door to the kitchen.
As she stepped into the room, she was greeted by the sound of laughter and she smiled as she watched Harry grinning happily.

“Morning beautiful.” said Sirius from behind her. She jumped slightly then smiled and turned to face him. He looked at her for a moment and Izabella bit her lip, tensing. Sure he was going to mention last night's events she opened her mouth to speak but he held out his hands and pulled her towards him, wrapping his arms around her waist. Izabella melted against him and sighed contentedly.

“Breakfast?” he said, kissing her cheek.
“Yes please, I'm starving.” Izabella said as they moved to the table and sat down. The atmosphere was buzzing happily and Izabella relaxed, enjoying the company of everyone in the house.

The next few days passed quickly, spirits were high and they managed to clean the whole house. So much so that it was barely recognisable; surfaces shined and weren't covered in dust, the walls had been cleaned so that the original colours were finally visible and the chandeliers gleamed in the candle light.

Christmas Eve came and everyone went off to bed in excitable moods. Izabella gathered the un-wrapped presents from her room and sat on the kitchen floor, writing out labels whilst Sirius waved his wand at the wrapping paper.

“Sirius, you are awful at wrapping.” Izabella said, shaking her head as she inspected the messy pile of presents.
“It's hard.” Sirius complained, frowning as he attempted to charm the paper to wrap a dress for Ginny.
Izabella rolled her eyes as she stuck a label onto Harry's present.
“Try being a Muggle, it's even harder.”

“You never told me about being a Muggle.” Sirius said as he carelessly threw a wrapped gift onto the mountain like pile.
“There's not much to tell.” Izabella said with a shrug.
“You worked in an office didn't you?” he asked curiously. Izabella nodded.
“Did you have many boyfriends?”
“Sirius.” she said shaking her head and sighing. He chuckled.
“I'm just asking.”

He waited patiently and she sighed.
“Yes I had a few. But they didn't last very long.”
“How come?” Sirius asked grinning.
“Because I was always comparing them to you.” she said, pinching his cheek affectionately. He beamed and she rolled her eyes. “They all had more good points than you ever will so you can wipe that smile off your face.”
Sirius glared at her and she laughed, shoving him playfully. He grabbed her arm and pulled her towards him. She smiled and rested her head on his shoulder as he stroked her arm gently.

“Izzy?” he said gently.
“Mmhmm?” Izabella said, snuggling against his chest.
“Shall we have a baby?” he suggested quietly.
“Don't be stupid Sirius.” she said sighing.
“Well why not?” he asked defensively.
“I'm not going to bring a child into the world in the middle of a war.”
“But-”
“And what would I tell Voldemort?” said Izabella, sitting up and looking at Sirius with her eyebrow arched. “That somehow you managed to get me pregnant when I'm supposed to have no idea of your whereabouts?”
“Who cares? You can just stop being a spy.” he said simply.

“Sirius...” Izabella said with a sigh. She stood up and picked up the wrapped presents. She carefully placed them under the tree which Mundungus had 'found' for them. Mrs Weasley wasn't too happy about it at first, but it was a nice touch to the highly decorated room and everyone had enjoyed themselves whilst they were decorating it with the baubles and other furnishings Sirius had found buried in the attic. Izabella fiddled with a piece of tinsel for a moment then turned back to Sirius.

“We have to do everything with can to help Harry. If that means cosying up to the Death Eaters then I will do whatever it takes.” she said firmly. He leant against the chair and sighed, running a hand across his forehead.
“I'm sorry it was just a suggestion.”

Izabella tilted her head to one side as she watched him then joined him on the floor by the dancing fire.
“What's this about Sirius?” she asked quietly. He looked into the fire, the flames highlighting the lines which aged his face.
“I just... I'm 37 years old and I have nothing to show for it apart from a criminal record.” he spat, the flames from the fire reflecting in his sad eyes. “The other day made me realize... I want all of the things you do. I want to get married and have children. I want a happy life.”

“Oh Sirius.” said Izabella in a hushed voice. “Why didn't you realize all of this 15 years ago?”
Sirius laughed slightly and put an arm around Izabella's waist, pulling her towards him.
“I know. I'm sorry.” he said, pressing his lips to the top of her head.
She smiled sadly and leant against him, her fingertips stroking the back of his hand softly.

A clock rang out quietly and Izabella lifted her face to Sirius' and smiled.
“Merry Christmas.” she whispered. He leant his head down and kissed her lips gently.
“Merry Christmas Izzy,” he said, looking into her eyes and holding her close against him. They cleared away the spare wrapping paper and extinguished the fire then walked, hand in hand, up the stairs and along the corridor to Izabella's room. She hesitated outside then turned to him.

“Stay in my room tonight?” she asked quietly, still holding his hand. He raised an eyebrow slightly.
“Are you sure?”
She nodded and smiled, opening the door and leading him inside.
“Only because it's Christmas.” she said with a grin.
“Well I had better make the most of it then!” he said, knocking her feet from beneath her, causing her to squeal, then catching her before she hit the ground. He swung her up into his arms and she hit his chest with her fist, pretending to be offended. He barked a laugh, kicking the door shut gently with his foot and kissing her forehead as she leant her head against his shoulder, smiling broadly.

Izabella groaned as her bedroom door banged open and Harry and Ginny stood in the doorway, still in their pajamas and demanding that they get out of bed. Sirius mumbled and rolled over, burying his face in the pillow. Izabella blinked open her eyes and squinted at the intruders, sitting up slightly.

“Oh come on,” Ginny moaned.
“We've been waiting ages for you to get up, it's Christmas!” said Harry, looking at Izabella pleadingly.
“What time is it?” asked Izabella in a croaky voice.
“Early. Now go away and let me sleep.” Sirius growled.
“It's six o'clock. Please, we want to open presents but we're 'not allowed until everyone's down stairs'.” Ginny said, rolling her eyes as she mimicked her mother.

“Give us a few more hours...” Izabella said, sinking back against the pillows and closing her eyes against the light from the hallway, which was spilling in through the open door.
“No!” Harry and Ginny yelled in unison. Izabella curled up against Sirius, burying her face against his bare shoulder.

“That's it. Fred, George. Get the fireworks!” Ginny shouted down the hall.
“Alright, alright! We're up.” Sirius said, lifting his head and rolling over. He sat on the edge of the bed and pulled a t-shirt and jumper over his head, shivering against the cold morning. Izabella moaned and sat up, swinging her legs over the side of the bed and glaring at Harry and Ginny. They beamed and retreated from the bedroom.

“We'll be back with fireworks if you're not down in 10 minutes.” Ginny threatened as they walked down the corridor. Izabella rolled her eyes and grabbed a jumper to throw on over her night dress. Sirius chuckled slightly as he stood up and stretched.

“Definitley takes after Lily.”
“No way. That was James through and through.” Izabella said shaking her head.
Sirius laughed then placed his hands on her waist as she stood up.
“Merry Christmas.” he said, before kissing her. Izabella smiled, putting her arms around his neck and sighing happily.

“I have something for you.” he said, releasing his grip on her and taking a small box from his jean's pocket, which were lying on the floor by the bed. He opened the box and Izabella gasped as she was blinded by a large sapphire ring, surrounded by tiny sparkling diamonds.

“Don't freak out, it isn't an engagement ring. It's a promise ring.” he said, taking it from the box and bending down on one knee. “Izabella Prince. I promise to love you and I promise to wait for you. I promise that I will always be there for you. And one day I promise that I will marry you.” he said quietly as he slid the ring onto her right hand.

“Sirius, it's beautiful.” said Izabella in a hushed voice, staring at the ring in awe. Sirius stood up and smiled at her.
“Don't you recognise it?” he asked, grinning. She looked at it for a long moment then gasped.
“This is the one me and Lily always looked at! In the window of the jewellers in Godric's Hollow!” she said excited. Sirius beamed and Izabella threw her arms around his neck.
“You remembered.” she whispered, hugging him tightly.
“Of course I did.”

Izabella looked up at him and smiled.
“Thank you Sirius.” she said gently, kissing his cheek and smiling. He grinned back then took her hand.
“We better get downstairs before Ginny kills us.” he said, leading her out of the room and down the hallway.

As they entered the kitchen, everyone was seated around the fireplace and the Christmas tree; Ron, the twins, Ginny, Harry and Hermione eyeing their presents eagerly. Lupin sat at the table with Tonks and Mad-Eye sat in an armchair, smiling more than Izabella had ever seen. Bill and Charlie occupied the sofa whilst Mrs Weasley was busy by the kettle.

“Finally!” Ginny said, sticking her tongue out at Izabella as she sat on the carpet infront of the fire, leaning against Sirius.
Izabella chuckled and gratefully accepted a mug of tea from Mrs Weasley.
“Now you can start.” Mrs Weasley said, turning to take a seat and watch her children.

The room became full of wrapping paper as everyone began tearing at their presents. Lupin took pictures as they held up their presents and thanked everyone.
“Thanks Izabella, it's gorgeous!” Ginny gushed, holding up her new dress.
“I chose that actually.” Sirius said, his face serious. Izabella rolled her eyes, laughing and Sirius winked at Ginny.

As Harry unwrapped an old, faded book Sirius, Lupin and Izabella exchanged a smile.
“We thought it would help with your teaching.” Sirius said, grinning as Harry looked at the Defensive Spells book.
“Thanks!” Harry said appreciatively.
“Open the front page.” Izabella said quietly. Harry was silent for a moment as he read the inside cover of the book.

“This was my dad's?” he asked, his voice hushed. Izabella nodded and smiled as Harry stroked the writing on the inside of the cover. In the top left hand corner, James had scribbled his name, and underneath it Harry recognised Sirius and Lupin's handwriting. It appeared to be notes which they had scribbled to each other in class, jokes that they had shared. But Harry's eyes were drawn towards the large love heart, inside which said, J.P. loves L.E. And below it, Sirius had written 'be a man' teasingly.

“L.E.” Harry said in a soft voice.
“Lily Evans.” Izabella said, resting her head against Sirius and beaming as she watched Harry.
“Thank you.” said Harry, lifting his head to look at Izabella and Sirius then Lupin.

There was a sound by the doorway and Izabella turned, smiling when she saw Snape stood there, although he was looking awkward.
“Sev! Come in,” she said, standing to greet her brother.
“I can't stay long. I just came to give you this,” he said, handing her a small parcel. “Merry Christmas.”
Izabella beamed up at him, and turned to pick up a present and hand it to Snape.
“This is from me and Sirius,” she said, glaring at Sirius as he opened his mouth to protest.
“Thank you.” Snape said, raising an eyebrow at Sirius.

Izabella pulled the paper off her present and opened up the box. She froze and a hand went to her mouth.
“How did you get this?” she asked in a whisper.
“I found it... Afterwards.” Snape said in a low voice. “It's no good to me and I thought you would like to have it.” Izabella smiled and picked up the diamond and pearl necklace carefully. It had a silver chain and a drop which was antique looking. It was shaped like a flower. Like a lily.

“Thank you.” she said, tears in her eyes as she reached up to kiss his cheek. He nodded his head slightly, clutching his present, his face flushing.
“Well, have a good day.” he said, acknowledging the other people in the room, flasing Izabella a brief smile then leaving Grimauld Place swiftly.

“What did you get him?” Sirius asked as she returned to the carpet.
We got him some Firewhiskey.” she said pointedly. “It's his favourite.” she said vaguely as she examined the necklace which she had carefully put back in the box. Sirius caught sight of the present and smiled.
“I recognise that. She never took it off.” he said fondly, looking at it over Izabella's shoulder as he hugged her waist. Izabella smiled and stroked the necklace tenderly.

“It's beautiful.” she said quietly.
“How did your brother get it?” Sirius asked, frowning slightly.
“Said he found it...” she said shrugging. She closed the lid of the box and turned to kiss Sirius' cheek lightly. With a smile she looked to the Christmas tree to see all presents had been opened.

“We can go to St. Mungo's as soon as you're all dressed.” Mrs Weasley said as she waved her wand and cleared the wrapping paper from the floor.
Everyone trudged upstairs to get changed and Izabella wandered over to Lupin and Tonks.

“Is that a ring?” Lupin asked, a smile creeping onto his face.
“It's not an engagement ring.” Izabella said laughing at the expression on Tonks' face.
“It's a promise ring.” Sirius interjected as he cleared away the mugs into the sink.
“So... basically an engagement ring then?” Tonks said her face excited, her eyes glinting. Izabella laughed and shook her head.
“Maybe one day.” she said, turning as everyone returned back into the kitchen, dressed and wrapped up against the winter cold.

She walked with them to the front door, wrapping her arms around herself as the wind blew the snow across the threshold. “I'm going to stay with Sirius, but send my best to Arthur.” Izabella said, kissing Mrs Weasley's cheek then waving to everyone else.
“Of course dear.” Mrs Weasley said with a smile, herding everyone off before Fred and George could start a snowball fight.

Izabella chuckled, waved one last time then shut the door, shivering as she returned to the kitchen.
Sirius sat at the table, James' book and Lily's necklace in front of him.
“We don't have much of them left now.” he said as she came back into the warm room.
“We have Harry.” she said, smiling as she sat on his knee, wrapping her arms around his neck. He nodded and touched the book gently.

“I forget sometimes.” Izabella said quietly after a pause. “I think, 'I wonder what Lily's doing', or 'I wonder if Lily wants to come shopping'... Then I remember.”
Sirius sighed, hugging her tightly.

“And Harry gets more like James every day.” said Sirius.
Izabella nodded then chuckled slightly.
“Do you remember Harry's first Christmas?” she asked. Sirius laughed.
“Of course. He was tiny. And James wanted to have a barbecue in the middle of December.”
Izabella laughed fondly.
“That was the best Christmas,” Izabella said, grinning.
“Don't forget the year before, when Lily... set fire to the tree... with the burning turkey.” Sirius said, in between a fit of laughter. Izabella giggled, smiling as she remembered.

They fell into a comfortable silence, remembering the past and thinking about the future.

Last edited by ThePureBloodPrincess; 05-08-2011 at 10:29 PM.