View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 03:38 AM   #23 (permalink)
Ama

MLE
Werewolf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tahir Kovac Khatri
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Payton J. McNiven
Ama!Nabs IS NAMED MINHO & Is SO Black Panther Right Now

Daphne Hopton would have loved to say she had patiently waited for her first official day of work. Unfortunately, patience wasn't something she was often familiar with. She had never found a use for it. Having been raised as an only child up to the age of thirteen with nannies and a personal valet to do her bidding had spoiled her. The damage hadn't been done entirely, however, as the young woman did like to do many things on her own as she found no one did the job quite as perfect as she would have wanted them to do. Being someone who strove for perfection, Hopton had practiced Memory Charms in the absence on work, relying on trustworthy friends with particular talents to help her hone the required skills for the job of a Junior Obliviator. The blond didn't think she was quite near perfection as she would like and was prepared to train harder in order to reach it, even it resulted in several more nosebleeds from her part.

Arriving at the Ministry had been easy. She lived in a flat in Muggle London, although had been looking to move out, and the route to the Ministry hadn't been complicated at all after looking at a map. Daphne had arrived a little later than she would have liked. The crowd was uncomfortable to weave through in order to get into the lift that would take her to the third level but it was something she was willing to bear. The warmth of the home brewed tea in her thermos comforted her and Daphne squeezed her fingers tighter around it as she stepped off the lift. The Magical Accidents & Catastrophes Department was quite bustling already. Several employees, all veterans for what Daphne knew, were circling their desks, speaking amicably to each other. Some; however, did appear to be slightly nervous or hesitant, keeping a close and comfortable distance from others.

"Good Morning," greeted the blond, her hazel eyes falling from face to face. Although they had no names yet, they'd be saved in her memory bank for later recollection. "Oh, everything is color coded," observed Hopton in a clear voice. There were different clusters of desks, some blue, some green, sadly no pink. She touched the back of one blue chair with her free hand. "My name is Daphne Hopton. It seems I'll be troubling some of my seniors as a Junior Obliviator. I hope we can get along in spite of this."

Last edited by Ama; 04-30-2011 at 03:44 AM.