View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 11:51 AM   #134 (permalink)
ThePureBloodPrincess
Slytherin
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Megara Kostas
First Year

Chapter Twenty-Five - Intercepted
Izabella walked slowly through the empty corridors, deciding to spend her free lesson in the staff room. She passed a window and sighed at the rain that was slamming down onto the glass. Turning her back on the gloomy weather she continued down the steps, frowning as she saw Harry hurrying across the Entrance Hall.

“Harry?” she called out, quickly stepping down the rest of the staircase. He turned and made his way over, clutching a letter, his expression thoughtful. “Why are you out of lesson?” she asked.

“Hedwig's hurt. I took her to Professor Grubbly-Plank.” he said worriedly. He held out his hand and passed her the parchment. Izabella glanced around, before unfolding the letter and scanning it quickly, recognising the handwriting.

Same time, same place.

“You think she's been intercepted?” she asked in a low voice.
Harry shrugged, his frown deepening.
“It wouldn't matter anyway, no one would understand what it meant.” he said, although he didn't sound very convinced.
“Should I write to Sirius and tell him not to?” Izabella wondered, biting her lip. Harry shook his head and Izabella sighed.
“Right, well you better get back to class. I'll see you in the Gryffindor common room later.” she tried to smile, but it turned into more of a grimace. Harry nodded and turned down the corridor. Izabella watched him for a moment, her expression concerned then continued on to the staff room.

Izabella left her room, looking about the corridors before she set off towards Gryffindor tower. She walked quickly, her eyes darting about the hallways. The portrait swung open and she crawled through. Standing up she spotted Harry, Ron and Hermione by the fire.

“Hey,” Izabella said, sitting on the sofa, curling her legs up underneath her. They mumbled a response, their noses buried in books.
“Getting a lot of homework?” she asked sympathetically. Ron gave her a dark look.
“Thanks to your brother.” he grumbled, frowning at his Potions book.
Izabella laughed.
“I'd have a word with him but I don't think it would change anything.” she said, grinning slightly. Harry sighed and picked up his book. As the light from the fire hit his hand, Izabella frowned and grabbed his wrist.

“What's this?” she asked in a low voice as she stared at the back of his hand. He tried to pull his hand away, but Izabella kept her grip strong.
“It's nothing.” he protested as Ron and Hermione exchanged a look.
“I am going to kill Umbridge.” Izabella's voice was dark as she stood up and strode towards to the portrait hole.

“No Izabella!” Harry said, grabbing her hand and pulling her back onto the sofa. “It's what she wants. Just leave it.”
“Harry this is unacceptable. We have to tell Dumbledore.”
“We said that.” Hermione said, giving Harry a look which he ignored.
“Please Izabella.” Harry said quietly. Izabella looked at him and sighed as there was a pop from the fire.

“What's happened?” Sirius' voice said, his eyes darting from Izabella to Harry. Izabella glanced at Harry then moved to the floor by the fire and smiled at Sirius.
“Nothing.” she said, looking into his eyes. He frowned slightly but didn't elaborate.

“How are things?” he asked, looking out of the fire at them.
“Not good.” Harry said miserably as he threw down his homework and joined Izabella on the rug by the fire. “There's a new decree which means we can't have Quidditch teams or-”
“Or secret Defence Against the Dark Arts groups?” Sirius asked grinning. Izabella frowned. Harry, Ron and Hermione's faces flushed slightly.

“How did you know?” Harry said.
“I wouldn't suggest using the Hog's Head in future.” Sirius said with a laugh.
“Who heard us?” Harry demanded.
“Mundungus. He was the witch in the veil.” he said chuckling.
“I'm still being followed?” Harry said, his voice annoyed.
“Of course you are.” Sirius said plainly.

Izabella cleared her throat pointedly.
“Would someone please tell me what is going on?” she said exasperatedly.
“They are planning to teach themselves Defence.” Sirius explained, when no one spoke. Izabella raised an eyebrow.
“You are a good teacher Izabella, it's just...” Harry explained.
“With Umbridge... You won't be able to teach us useful things... Like spells and stuff.” Hermione said anxiously. Izabella raised an eyebrow.

“Oh come on Izzy. You know they need to be able to defend themselves.” Sirius said gently. She nodded.
“I know but... What if Umbridge catches you?” she said quickly.
“That's the thing, we need somewhere to practise.” Harry said.
“How about behind that mirror on the fourth floor?” Sirius suggested.

“Hang on! Sirius, why are you encouraging them?” Izabella interrupted, her voice shrill. He rolled his eyes.
“It's a great idea!” He turned to Harry. “Me and your father wouldn't of taken orders from a hag like Umbridge.”
“Well that's one reason why you shouldn't do it.” Izabella said to Harry. Sirius narrowed his eyes at her.
“What is that supposed to mean?”
“Well if it's something you and James would have done, then it isn't going to be a very clever idea.” she said, raising her eyebrow at Sirius. He opened his mouth to retaliate but Harry interrupted them.

“Anyway we haven't got anywhere to practise so it probably won't happen.” he said, disheartened.
“I'll have a think and get back to you.” Sirius said with a wink. “Don't listen to Izabella. She used to get in trouble all the time.”
“Because of you!” she protested. Sirius grinned. Harry, Ron and Hermione laughed fondly.

Sirius' face suddenly became tense and he turned his head sharply, looking alarmed.
“Sirius?” Harry asked anxiously but he disappeared with a pop. Izabella frowned and stood up, her hand holding her wand tightly. Hermione gasped and jumped away from the fire as a small podgy hand appeared in the flames, reaching out and grabbing at thin air when Sirius' head had just been.

“Run!” Izabella yelled, pulling Harry up from beside the fire and pushing him up the stairs. The others followed him quickly. Izabella leant against the wall, sucking in so she couldn't been seen from the fire, watching the hand snatch at the air for a few moments before it flopped and withdrew from the fire.

With a sigh of relief she collapsed into the chair, her forehead creased and her expression concerned.

Last edited by ThePureBloodPrincess; 05-08-2011 at 10:27 PM.